ME20 Endless pads...done.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:57 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
^ This

I have them. They are mega. I wont go to anything else.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:05 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
^ This

Buy them online? Or with BR?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:10 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

^ This

How are they with respect to noise and dust on the street? And how long do they last relative to other pads if you've had them long enough to know?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

PAGID Racing is an official partner of the Cayman GT4 Trophy by Manthey-Racing. We have both the RS29 and RSL1 in stock for the front and rear of the GT4. The RS29 is probably best if you're running street or R compound tires. RSL1 is more aggressive and most often used on cars running slicks.

http://www.paragon-products.com/U492...4924-pagid.htm

http://www.paragon-products.com/Pagi...id%20u4925.htm

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 04-21-2016, 07:48 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,294 Likes on 2,447 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
^ This

Why? What else have you tried.

Sounds like the pads are the same for the GT3 and GT4? With the GT3, I tried the PFC 11 first, and thought they were just ok. I've been using the DS 1.11 since then, which seem better than the PFC 11, and they seem reasonably good, but I still don't love the brake feel compared to the PFC 08 I had in other cars (which of course means different brake systems, not just different pads, so I know it's not apples to apples).

I'm open to trying other pads in the hope of finding something better than the DS 1.11.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,947 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Sounds like the pads are the same for the GT3 and GT4?
Yes
Old 04-21-2016, 08:12 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I don't see why the pads for the GT3 and GT4 would be any different since they are the same exact pads and calipers. My opinions:

1) PFC11 - work well, but require more pedal effort and travel. Make little dust and little to no noise. Last about 11-12 days in a GT3
2) DS1.11 - work well, a firmer pedal and shorter travel than PFC11. Make little dust and little noise. Last about 13-14 days in a GT3. Good all of the way down to the backing plate (I found this out the hard way)
3) RS29 - lots of negative feedback on this pad from people who say that they lose their effectiveness only 1/2 way through the pad thickness. I've never personally tried them, but people I know and trust have told me to stay away, so I do. They made a ton of noise on my buddy's 991 C2S
4) Endless ME20 - lots of good reviews, but very expensive. ? longevity may not be that great?
5) Brembo RE10 - lots of good feedback on performance and longevity. Very expensive, but could be worth the cost if last much longer than other pads.
6) Project mu club racer - Popular with the import crowd. I used them on my BRZ and like them a lot. Potentially the cheapest option. Not readily available in the US, yet, but I'm trying out a set that someone hooked me up with on the GT4 and will report back.
The following users liked this post:
phefner (02-05-2020)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,294 Likes on 2,447 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I don't see why the pads for the GT3 and GT4 would be any different since they are the same exact pads and calipers. My opinions:

1) PFC11 - work well, but require more pedal effort and travel. Make little dust and little to no noise. Last about 11-12 days in a GT3
2) DS1.11 - work well, a firmer pedal and shorter travel than PFC11. Make little dust and little noise. Last about 13-14 days in a GT3. Good all of the way down to the backing plate (I found this out the hard way)
3) RS29 - lots of negative feedback on this pad from people who say that they lose their effectiveness only 1/2 way through the pad thickness. I've never personally tried them, but people I know and trust have told me to stay away, so I do. They made a ton of noise on my buddy's 991 C2S
4) Endless ME20 - lots of good reviews, but very expensive. ? longevity may not be that great?
5) Brembo RE10 - lots of good feedback on performance and longevity. Very expensive, but could be worth the cost if last much longer than other pads.
6) Project mu club racer - Popular with the import crowd. I used them on my BRZ and like them a lot. Potentially the cheapest option. Not readily available in the US, yet, but I'm trying out a set that someone hooked me up with on the GT4 and will report back.
Thanks, very helpful - I knew I could count on you!

Does anyone have costs handy for each option?

Also, if it's still possible to do so, I can add a poll for preferred pads once we've finished identifying all the options.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:26 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orthojoe I liked your cliff notes.

But to all that have said negative things about the Pagid RS29s. I run them on a much heavier car - 3,500lb and they have great bit and very good modulation and release. Even half way through the pad the bite remains strong and consistent. They have very good rotor wear as well. I have 14 days on my pads, but might not experience the same speeds as a GT3 - running in a M3. I figure the pads will have two more days before they will need to be replaced.

Prior to the RS29s I ran PFC08s, but I did not like the modulation. The pedal felt dead and it was harder to get a clean release. I might try the ME20s next.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

1) PFC11
2) DS1.11
3) RS29
4) Endless ME20
5) Brembo RE10
6) Project mu club racer .
Of these 6, more Professional teams use Pagid than any other brand. At Sebring, over 50% of the field was on Pagid.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

3) RS29 - lots of negative feedback on this pad from people who say that they lose their effectiveness only 1/2 way through the pad thickness. I've never personally tried them, but people I know and trust have told me to stay away, so I do. They made a ton of noise on my buddy's 991 C2S.....
I ran those on my old R and have to agree with most of what you say. Except I ran them down to about 1/3, 1/4 and they would loose bite that low and transfer more heat into the calipers/fluid. Yes, I sounded like an 18-wheeler when leaving them on for DD between events.

Originally Posted by Manifold
Does anyone have costs handy for each option?
RL sponsor Apexperformance carries the first 3 on that list to get you started.

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Of these 6, more Professional teams use Pagid than any other brand. At Sebring, over 50% of the field was on Pagid.
Same formula? Same thickness? When did they change them out?
Old 04-21-2016, 08:44 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by ML///
Orthojoe I liked your cliff notes.

But to all that have said negative things about the Pagid RS29s. I run them on a much heavier car - 3,500lb and they have great bit and very good modulation and release. Even half way through the pad the bite remains strong and consistent. They have very good rotor wear as well. I have 14 days on my pads, but might not experience the same speeds as a GT3 - running in a M3. I figure the pads will have two more days before they will need to be replaced.

Prior to the RS29s I ran PFC08s, but I did not like the modulation. The pedal felt dead and it was harder to get a clean release. I might try the ME20s next.
Anther complaint I consistently see with RS29 is that they are very picky about being bedded in properly if you want them to perform, whereas PFCs are more plug and play. That's admittedly less of an issue if you've got a dedicated track car and/or aren't swapping between street and track pads, but that caused me to use PFC on my M3 that I used on both street and track.

On the other hand though, with neither PFC 08 nor 12 available for the GT3/4 caliper, endurance compound options are limited....
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Maybe it's because pro teams don't use the pads more than one race at a time? I doubt they try to use pads all the way down to the end. I'm sure they're great for a race, but multiple uses at a DE is a difference type of use.

Originally Posted by jphughan
Anther complaint I consistently see with RS29 is that they are very picky about being bedded in properly if you want them to perform, whereas PFCs are more plug and play. That's admittedly less of an issue if you've got a dedicated track car and/or aren't swapping between street and track pads, but that caused me to use PFC on my M3 that I used on both street and track.

On the other hand though, with neither PFC 08 nor 12 available for the GT3/4 caliper, endurance compound options are limited....
Yes, bedding is another complaint about the RS29. With the PFC11 and DS1.11, you just take it easy one session and you're good to go. I used PFC08 on my spyder and never really liked them that much.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Interesting! I wasn't expecting that kind of pad life out of the 11s (especially on a GT3!) given that that's about what I remember getting on my PFC 08s in my M3 and the 11 isn't an endurance compound -- but I guess the M3 is also a lot heavier. Good to hear, especially given the recent significant price hike PFC instituted.

Also surprised that you're now calling the DS1.11 low noise since I seem to remember you saying they were a bad option for use on the street especially compared to PFC 11, but if they work better on track and dust level and lifespan are both comparable to PFC or even a bit better, then I may try a set since the cost seems close enough as well.

Quick Reply: Track Pads for GT4