GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Track Pads for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,294 Likes on 2,447 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Of these 6, more Professional teams use Pagid than any other brand. At Sebring, over 50% of the field was on Pagid.
I think we really need to look at specific compounds, not just brands.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Interesting! I wasn't expecting that kind of pad life out of the 11s (especially on a GT3!) given that that's about what I remember getting on my PFC 08s in my M3 and the 11 isn't an endurance compound -- but I guess the M3 is also a lot heavier. Good to hear, especially given the recent significant price hike PFC instituted.

Also surprised that you're now calling the DS1.11 low noise since I seem to remember you saying they were a bad option for use on the street especially compared to PFC 11, but if they work better on track and dust level and lifespan are both comparable to PFC or even a bit better, then I may try a set since the cost seems close enough as well.
Yeah, the ds1.11 is currently my pad of choice. They really don't make much noise. A bit more than pfc11, but not much and NOT anywhere near the horrible squeal you'll hear from some pads. I'm tempted by the re10, I'm curious about the pmu cr.

AP rotors are awesome. I'm betting I could get 40 days out of the front rotors on the gt4...
Old 04-21-2016, 10:07 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Agree. I ran the Pagids on my C2S and really liked them. I was very thorough on bedding them, and was very happy with their performance.

That in mind, I only ran Watkins Glen with them.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:13 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ny991
Agree. I ran the Pagids on my C2S and really liked them. I was very thorough on bedding them, and was very happy with their performance.

That in mind, I only ran Watkins Glen with them.
The Glen is hard on brakes.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:52 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
Buy them online? Or with BR?
BR

Originally Posted by jphughan
How are they with respect to noise and dust on the street? And how long do they last relative to other pads if you've had them long enough to know?
Noise and dust is not bad at all. Don't notice them any more than stock in terms of dust. Squeaky after city driving, but nothing that will make you embarrassed. Don't have enough events on them to comment on longevity.

I also dont have the patience to try every option out there. These pads are a huge improvement over stock and I love them. Thats good enough for me to stick with them. Joe and some of the other guys have a more scientific method to determining the fine details of all the other options on the market.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:22 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

I'm liking the DS1.11 - very easy on rotors, excellent modulation, fronts lasted about 8 days on R7s. Rotors have virtually no surface cracking yet.

Another +1 for Apex Performance.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

With Pagid, it generally comes down to RS29 & RSL1 for the GT3 & GT4.

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
The following users liked this post:
Mr71 (08-23-2020)
Old 04-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
1) PFC11
2) DS1.11
3) RS29
4) Endless ME20
5) Brembo RE10
6) Project mu club racer
Does anyone know of any other options besides these six? Should Pagid RSL1 be added to the list?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 AM
mrd_spy
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 105 Posts

has any one tried Pagid RS42's on a GT car , I used to run these on many cars for street and they were great pads, the last 2 times I have been on RS29's though.

and Endless state "ME25 is a substantial step up in initial bite from ME20. The pedal is easy to modulate for a good feeling between the fast response and hard brake power especially at high speed braking!

ME25 is suitable for drivers that likes the ME20 but would like a step up in initial bite.

why would anyone then go me20 ? me25 sound far better !
Old 04-22-2016, 09:00 AM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mrd_spy
has any one tried Pagid RS42's on a GT car , I used to run these on many cars for street and they were great pads, the last 2 times I have been on RS29's though.
RS42 would be out of their element on a heavy, fast GT car used on the track. We sell RS42 primarily for Formula cars and occasionally for 914's.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:16 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

and Endless state "ME25 is a substantial step up in initial bite from ME20. The pedal is easy to modulate for a good feeling between the fast response and hard brake power especially at high speed braking!

ME25 is suitable for drivers that likes the ME20 but would like a step up in initial bite.

Some people might not feel the need for more bite or might even actively resist it because if you end up with so much brake you constantly overwhelm the tires you run, then all you have is extra bite you can't use and therefore pads that have to be modulated more carefully for no extra benefit. The other characteristics discussed here like ease of modulation, release characteristics, and noise/dust on the street may be different too. Then there's availability from suppliers in our pad shapes (PFC has a 13 compound that's supposed to bite harder than 11 too but I haven't seen anyone run it) and as katmeho alluded to, some people just want to find something they like and stick with it rather than trying everything in search of the "best" option. Not everyone wants to be a guinea pig, and even for those who do, that experimentation takes time.

And lastly there's the age-old reason of cost, both the differential of the pads themselves and maybe of extra rotor wear. Endless has another compound called the MA45B that according to some who have tried it is magical, but even when they're available, they're something like $850 per AXLE.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:33 AM
mrd_spy
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 105 Posts

I like more initial bite, esp on a Porker set up where you get a lot of pedal travel so threshold braking is quite easy.

I'll prob go RS29's a safe bet
Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

^ So I'm seeing more options being named, but has it been verified that they fit our GT4/GT3 cars?
Old 04-22-2016, 10:06 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

^ So I'm seeing more options being named, but has it been verified that they fit our GT4/GT3 cars?
+1

Sometimes people use pads on a different car and then enter a discussion like this without first checking on availability or they want others to do the search for them. Other variables, as id'd by jphughan, seems to drop by the wayside when these recommendations/questions are posted.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:50 AM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's my understanding that the me25s are a full race pad. They need temp to work right, squeal at slow speeds and tear the hell out of rotors. I could be wrong, I didn't try them due to these reasons. It was explained to me that the ME20s are built to be the dual purpose pad with great performance on track.

Quick Reply: Track Pads for GT4