Old 06-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
And this why it is so nice dealing with Rhonda.
Thanks so much!! I love what I do and working with people who are enthusiastic about these cars is my cup of tea
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Rhonda - are you all having any issues with your software with those that have upgraded the Throttle Body. Any CELs being thrown??
No CEL's to be had when you add the IPD with the larger throttle body. Also, we have an automatic throttle adaptation procedure built in so that negates any chance of CEL’s with that mod.

Anxious to hear how you like your full FVD exhaust and software. Keep me posted and thanks so much for your continued loyalty.
Originally Posted by JPMD
+1 for Rhonda and FVD Great products and customer service. Worked with them when I had my 987 Syder
Nice to hear from you JPMD! That was a wonderful car! Thank you for the kind words.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 06-03-2016, 11:52 PM
Datsun40146
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word on when they will go on sale?
Old 06-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

The sale ended March 21st, 2016. Having said that we always take care of Rennlist Members. You can use the promo code: Rhonda on our online shop to get 10% off of our software on the GT4.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Headers and exhaust arrived over the weekend. I will be returning later this afternoon to check them out. Will snap photos and post. Sending out tips to be Ceramic coated black and headers to be swain coated.- installation scheduled for end of June
Old 06-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Headers and exhaust arrived over the weekend. I will be returning later this afternoon to check them out. Will snap photos and post. Sending out tips to be Ceramic coated black and headers to be swain coated.- installation scheduled for end of June
Any plans for a before/after Dyno?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Car is not broken in yet. I only have 450 miles on her so figuring not doing anything until 800 plus, which gives me about 3 weeks because I am doing a bunch of business travel the next few weeks. I was just planning on using what Porsche rates and publishes for the GT4, as the baseline, and then around 2000 miles have her Dyno with all her upgrades. The tune, sport headers and exhaust will go on in about 3 weeks and then decide on IPD Plenum from there. The tune will go on at least a week before the headers and exhaust because I want to see if my butt can tell any difference. But, FVD recommends a tune when even running their Sport headers w/Cats. They have been very upfront that they had a few people throw CEL but they are not completely convinced if it is the Headers but, for sure, they have had nothing thrown with the tune added.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Car is not broken in yet. I only have 450 miles on her so figuring not doing anything until 800 plus, which gives me about 3 weeks because I am doing a bunch of business travel the next few weeks. I was just planning on using what Porsche rates and publishes for the GT4, as the baseline, and then around 2000 miles have her Dyno with all her upgrades. The tune, sport headers and exhaust will go on in about 3 weeks and then decide on IPD Plenum from there. The tune will go on at least a week before the headers and exhaust because I want to see if my butt can tell any difference. But, FVD recommends a tune when even running their Sport headers w/Cats. They have been very upfront that they had a few people throw CEL but they are not completely convinced if it is the Headers but, for sure, they have had nothing thrown with the tune added.
I'm going to follow your progress closely.

I'm considering the fvd tune (Vs the Cobb) along with sports headers (cargraphic or Dundon-if they make one) and akrapovic exhaust.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Took some photos of the headers and the tips which are permanently attached to the X-pipe. Will post in AM. All I got to say is the headers are a piece of art. Also - I hate to Ceramic coat the X-pipe and tips because they are beautiful but the Polished Chrome will not look right. Shocking how big/large in diameter the pipes are. Boy - this car will breath for certain. Excited about the direction I went. A lot of thought went in to this. All of this arrived is one decent sized box that weight around 63 lbs.. Pretty darn good/ight for Sport headers and a whole exhaust
Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Here is a look at the tips and the Sport headers(Long tube for certain). All have been sent out to be coated. Almost a shame to cover these beauts. The rest of the Sport exhaust looks like a masterpiece but I only unwrapped one half and put them back to rest until installation time. I was surprised by the size of the pipes for the exhaust and maybe you can tell on the "X"-pipe. They are large in diameter. But - all-in-all- everything pretty light and very well-made.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Great looking exhaust Jimmy! Don't show the wife you've been playing with it on her carpet in the living-room,or you'll be sleeping on the couch.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^ We were in Napa together the last 4 days and then she stayed to go to her Mountain View office. My 6.5 year old Son and I were taking them out of the boxes when I got home late yesterday and then we went for a little drive.- your right - she would of hit the wall
Old 06-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 517 Posts

Jimmy, what was the cost of the components? PM me if you don't feel comfortable discussing it on the forum. I'm not ready yet, but I'm still on the fence about doing a competitor's mods. I already have the Cobb Accessport, but the FVD system is intriguing with its ability to automatically dial in the best tune as components change. Are you doing a plenum and TB, too?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I am going to do it in stages. Tune will go on in a couple weeks and then the exhaust and Sport headers in about a month because Mike, at Swain, said they are 3 weeks out and they should have mine on Thursday. After that I will decide on TB and Plenum. My guess is that I am going to have to get more air in to this beast since I certainly have now opened the flood gates, on exit, to get the most out of these mods.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:16 PM
DuncGT4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds very interesting
Based in uk, car just ran in and always looking for more power lol
Fancy tune, exhaust or just headers? As long as I don't get any codes or problems

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 981 GT4 – DIY Software Sale - $ 896