Old 03-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Rhonda, The HP and Torque gains you all are suggesting is just based off stock alone??
Bone Stock.
We are still testing with our full Clubsport Cat Bypass system / headers with 200 cell cats, etc. but the GT4 is responding very well to intake and exhaust work. We should have exact numbers soon but certainly north of 35+.
Since we chatted via phone I will send you an email once I get the header info for you. Should be tomorrow morning as I mentioned.

Question - Just say you install it yourself - If you take it in to be serviced and the Dealer updates the ECU- does it ruin the the FVD tune?? I mean they will be able to tell right away that it has been tuned??

Also - if you reinstall the factory tune will Porsche be able to notice it was tampered with?
At that point you would have to read out the file again and send it back to us so that we can update the tuned file for you. They have to dig pretty deep with our software to notice but they can tell that it has been tuned.
Porsche is logging all types of information on these newer SDI ECU units, so some bit of info will determine that it has been tuned, they will have to dig. So golfnutintib is correct.

We are keeping all the factory engine safety features intact so the tuning is as safe as you are going to get. I have been with FVD now for over 10+ years, not once have we had an issue with a motor going south that has had our software on it. Remember we can top these cars out on the autobahn as long as the tires last. Our engineers go through great lengths to make sure that these tunes are as safe as possible.

Originally Posted by RealityGT
@Rhonda, your graph looks very strange..
We use a software program to generate this “dyno sheet” in PS / NM based off of our numbers generated by two ways. We actually test on a Snap On All Wheel Drive Dyno with 80,000m³ air mass, replicating a speed of up to 155 mph. We also test on a Insoric Dyno System.

Our tool cannot burn out the OEM ECU. It has a safety / reset function.

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
Ed: As I have used their flash tool...
Thanks Phil. As I mentioned in our description, we have been tuning Porsches (we don’t like to tune anything else, we do it on occasion as guys are really happy with how reliable our software is but we love Porsche’s) for over 30+ years now. Our guys are factory trained by Bosch and Siemens in Germany. For those of you on the west coast you may remember Andial. We were making their software for them for many years including the old 3.8L twin plugs. The engineers in Germany have to be on their mark as I mentioned as ourselves and our customers can top these cars out on the autobahn. That is the ultimate test for software and with 30+ years under our belt our software standards have not changed.

Originally Posted by GAZZ
So now we dont have any ECU Vs Vechile….
Good Question. No you wouldn’t have that issue.

Originally Posted by user1029
I will sound like an a********
I am not going to convince you of anything. The beauty about ‘murica as you put it is that you have choices, the more competition the better. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee with our software. Compare your current GT4 Cobb Tune with ours, if the power from Cobb ain’t cutting it, keep the FVD software. Simple.

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
Rhonda - if the rev limit is moved to 7900 rpm…
When you send your file in to our engineers you can ask them for the stock max if you like. This map really isn’t just an OTS that you get preloaded then have to pay more for to customize, you can customize it for a lot of different needs right up front. If you forget to mention something up front, no worries we will take care of you.

The Boxster Spyder gains on a bone stock car are +37 crank HP & +26 crank TQ. We give you back that lost 10.

So let me understand. A Cobb Access Port requires a new ECU swap but this system does not?
FVD does not.

Originally Posted by Bardman
Neither require a new ECU swap...
All correct on our end.

8. We are nice.

Thanks for the reply. I've not been following
I believe you were referring to the Durametric based cable flash for the 987.2’s that caused those issues. That was due to the interface with Windows, had nothing to due with Durametric but could put the ECU to sleep and cause error codes. The Dimsport (My Genius) Tool is a standalone tool that does not interface with Windows so you won’t have those issues. Even if the battery dies you have a reset mode to pick up where you left off so the ECU won’t be compromised. The process is very, very simple.

Originally Posted by EGOKLR
You don't have to email your stock file….
We open up all the deltas on the sensors via the binary code so you don’t need custom maps. Our software automatically adjusts for varying conditions. Put our map in and go, no need to fuss over mapping and remapping, unless you like to do that and have the time.

If you have custom needs (exhaust, intake, whatever) let us know when you email the file and we can adjust accordingly so that the tuned map accommodates your needs. Also if you buy any parts (exhaust, IPD, etc.) from us that we can tweak your software a little more to extract more power that is free.

If you already have the Cobb, I can send this out to you today to see what you like better. Since you already have the OEM file and the Cobb file on your car you can always flash back, right? So, no risk for you. I will even waive the shipping.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 03-04-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I think we have found .....
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

^You took the picture out of my mind. That Spyder numbers are mind boggling but makes sense that they limited its potential, via ECU

Now all I have to do is get my GT4 - I will not make it until May. The good/bad thing is I get to read and learn from every one else's experience but it is going to be such a teaser at the same time.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I think I am denoting a bit of sarcasm here in user1029
Seriously? Nah! Would never expect that from him....
Old 03-04-2016, 05:19 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php...0-k-suite-2-21

surely fvd uses this great italian software and electronic devices developer...
Old 03-04-2016, 10:08 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Rhonda - In comparing the dyno chart with the one for the 991S, it looks like the FVD curve is very similar on both cars at the top end. Given that and your statement that the Spyder get a larger gain than the GT4 makes me conclude Porsche was definitely restricting the GT4 and Spyder - probably unnecessarily?

Now you got me really curious as to what a short or a long header with the FVD tune will do

BTW, can program the Sport Exhaust and or Sport Plus to be on by default?
Old 03-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

In their minds necessarily. But your right, good thing is now you can unleash them.

Sport Plus cannot be defaulted but the Sport Exhaust can via our software.

I will be posting more numbers with exhaust as soon as I can.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:22 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed as I'm interested and would like to see people's feedback vs. Cobb.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
In their minds necessarily. But your right, good thing is now you can unleash them.

Sport Plus cannot be defaulted but the Sport Exhaust can via our software.

I will be posting more numbers with exhaust as soon as I can.
What do you mean by the sport exhaust can be defaulted via your software??- do not understand
Old 03-15-2016, 01:14 AM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

What do you mean by the sport exhaust can be defaulted via your software??- do not understand

That would mean if it would remain in the last state setting next time you restart the car.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:25 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the FVD software last night, without any hitch!
Even this morning the car started... Unfortunately it was commuter hell, but so far the response seems smoother. I don't know if they remapped electronic throttle (there's some mention of it in the blurb, but some of that also sounds very generic). The throttle seems a little more responsive and quicker to push on. Also smoother on clutch release. Didn't get into any high revs so far. I will report as time and opportunities allow.
(I didn't do a before and after dyno, so all impressions are subjective and probably heavily influenced by my validation bias -- the need to justify spending the money on the software.) But as I said earlier, I've already had FVD software in my 987.1 and it made a noticeable difference. I expect to be able to detect the impact on the GT4 also.
Later...I'm off to drive home. The long way.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
I installed the FVD software last night, without any hitch!
Even this morning the car started... Unfortunately it was commuter hell, but so far the response seems smoother. I don't know if they remapped electronic throttle (there's some mention of it in the blurb, but some of that also sounds very generic). The throttle seems a little more responsive and quicker to push on. Also smoother on clutch release. Didn't get into any high revs so far. I will report as time and opportunities allow.
(I didn't do a before and after dyno, so all impressions are subjective and probably heavily influenced by my validation bias -- the need to justify spending the money on the software.) But as I said earlier, I've already had FVD software in my 987.1 and it made a noticeable difference. I expect to be able to detect the impact on the GT4 also.
Later...I'm off to drive home. The long way.

Way to go Phil
Old 03-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

"Even this morning the car started."

That made me crack up. Please keep us informed. if you are getting a quicker throttle response at lower revs that isa good sign. you really will not know until you start punching her above 4000 rpm. I think if you had some Mods to go along with it -it would probably be more obvious. Keep us updated
Old 03-15-2016, 11:28 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Fabspeed sport headers, and their "x-pipe" with custom tips. Those are the only engine mods. Everything else is stock except for a "spirited driving" alignment (-2F, -1.5R) that requires LCA shims since my stock setup wouldn't go past -1.5 in the front.
All other mods are purely aesthetic.
Geez I love this car. For me it's a dream, and I keep pinching myself.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:25 AM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So this flash will add 27 hp to a bone stock, naturally aspirated engine?

I'm also a little surprised to see the OEM peak power at around what Porsche reported -- I thought it was a nearly universally accepted fact that Porsche underrated the car by 10-20 hp.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 981 GT4 – DIY Software Sale - $ 896