Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

FVD Brombacher – 981 GT4 – DIY Software Sale - $ 896

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 06:26 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

for my experience is a bit more.... 390 crank hp......
Old 03-17-2016, 05:51 AM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I've email FVD twice about this tune with no response...anyone have a better email for them? Calling no good either...
Old 03-17-2016, 10:10 AM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by pjjames512
I've email FVD twice about this tune with no response...anyone have a better email for them? Calling no good either...
There is an American company that begins with C that has better response times and overall software
Old 03-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry to hear, what email address were you using?

Please use this contact information...

rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

954-571-2050 dial extension 1

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 03-17-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Rhonda - I have to ask you ask you but understand I do not have great knowledge of tuning ect. You are certainly making a lot of claims but I see you all are willing to put your money where your mouth is. But - I do not see how it is you just load your software once and you are all done. So, there is no updating needed or any new maps you all may be working on that would need updating?? For instance; some Companies are still throwing codes when the upgraded plenum and throttle body are added and you convey that you all have all the maps for this already - I assume. How do you know this has all been optimized?? Do you have before and after Dynos of the GT4 with specific mods you can post?

I am not as much challenging you but trying to get my head around all of this because I have to believe I am not the only one confused or trying to make sense of all of this
Old 03-19-2016, 07:10 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Rhonda - I have to ask you ask you but understand I do not have great knowledge of tuning ect. You are certainly making a lot of claims but I see you all are willing to put your money where your mouth is. But - I do not see how it is you just load your software once and you are all done. So, there is no updating needed or any new maps you all may be working on that would need updating?? For instance; some Companies are still throwing codes when the upgraded plenum and throttle body are added and you convey that you all have all the maps for this already - I assume. How do you know this has all been optimized?? Do you have before and after Dynos of the GT4 with specific mods you can post?

I am not as much challenging you but trying to get my head around all of this because I have to believe I am not the only one confused or trying to make sense of all of this
I was going to ask a similar question - it almost seems like FVD is changing the code/logic of the software and not just the maps. Is this the case?

unrelated question - can I use one FVD software purchase for two 981 cars?
Old 03-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

No worries Jimmy D, I encourage you to ask questions. That is what I am here for. I will answer you with what I have been taught by the tuners in Germany.

Basically what our Software Engineers are doing is raising the deltas on the sensors of the car via the hexadecimal values in the software. They also advance timing, torque limiting maps, etc. in the hexadecimal values. So our software allows for greater values to be had in each sensor and all of the sensors will work in a greater range than the OEM software. All of this data from the sensors is recognized by our software and adapts to give more timing, retard knock, increase torque limits, etc. It works very similarly to your OEM software but in a wider range.

So let’s say you add an IPD down the line. Our basic remap has already increased the delta on the MAF sensor. So once you add the IPD our software will automatically recognize it and adapt the timing so that the air fuel ratios are optimized and you will make more power. If other tuners are still throwing codes for IPD’s then the software is NOT recognizing more air in the system and the car will run more lean and will throw codes. So you won’t really see all the gains from the IPD which is a shame because that mod with exhaust typically makes very good power.

FVD Engineers are in the habit of updating software overtime. So if there are updates to be had from Porsche then please contact us and we will incorporate them into your tuning software. Just read out the file and resend it to us and we will update it. That is free of charge. Also check back with us over time, if we have an update we can send that for you as well. Not to mention, let’s say that Porsche has updated software for your car but you are not running it, FVD Germany will build our tuning over the latest file from Porsche so that you are running the updates from the manufacturer as well.

In response to how do I know this has all been optimized?? Well pretty simple. Our clients in Germany can run at top speed (mainly heading east in the nights) for as long as their tires can last. If these maps are not spot on and you are running lean let’s say, well you know the outcome. The autobahn really separates the wheat from the chaff.

We are working on the dyno sheets with specific mods currently. Very sorry but we now have software for all of the Siemens SDI 9 cars so we are trying to add little by little with accurate information and dyno sheets so it will take time.

Also just so you know, prior to receiving the tool. You will get an email with the installation instructions and the contact phone #’s and emails of each of our software engineers in Germany (3 in total). You can discuss everything with them prior to sending the file so that you are clear on all accounts.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
I was going to ask a similar question - it almost seems like FVD is changing the code/logic of the software and not just the maps. Is this the case?

unrelated question - can I use one FVD software purchase for two 981 cars?
Kindly refer to the answer above for Jimmy D.

Our tools are automatically encypted to an individual car via the Vin#. But I will be happy to pass on the discount (25% off retail) for both of your cars. We have software ready for all of the 981's now so kindly pm me what you have and I can give you the information.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have also sent you a pm a few days back if you prefer to ask me questions that way. Very sorry about that but if you can elaborate on what numbers or email you were using I can get to the bottom of it for you.
Also I will be willing to keep this offer open to you a little bit longer. Again, very sorry about that.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:46 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
In their minds necessarily. But your right, good thing is now you can unleash them.

Sport Plus cannot be defaulted but the Sport Exhaust can via our software.

I will be posting more numbers with exhaust as soon as I can.
Any update on the dyno charts for headers / exhausts?

Would be great to see step by step charts with 1 new component added each time.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:36 AM
francis_william
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi FVD, what do you mean by

OPTIONS – Customers can specify left foot braking for track events so that the throttle does not cut out while braking.

may you kindly explained it in details?

I have just ordered the IPD with 82mm throttle body and a sport header with 200cell cats. worrying of a CEL and looking for a good ECU tuning Option.
Thanks

William
Old 05-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bardman
Any update on the dyno charts for headers / exhausts?
Would be great to see step by step charts with 1 new component added each time.
Very Sorry but I am still waiting on the final results with a variety of dyno sheets from Germany. I don’t want to commit to a lead time, as our engineers are very busy with sales on our software for the 981 S models and base models.

Originally Posted by francis_william
Hi FVD, what do you mean by
OPTIONS – Customers can specify left foot braking for track events …
Most GT4’s we have programmed, including the European and Asian models allow you to trail brake already from the factory.

So the OPTIONAL portion of our text online is more of a universal statement applied to all models.

We program the 981 S and base models, to allow the throttle not to cut out when your foot is also on the brake. This is referred to as left foot braking or trail-braking used mainly on the track to alter the balance of a car when you enter a corner. That way you get better grip in each and every corner.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:08 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

And this why it is so nice dealing with Rhonda.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Rhonda - Get my Headers and Exhaust air freighted

I am anxious to get these on

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 05-26-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 05-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Rhonda - are you all having any issues with your software with those that have upgraded the Throttle Body. Any CELs being thrown??

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 981 GT4 – DIY Software Sale - $ 896