Sponsored by: APR

Hey, Any Texas GT4 Owners In Here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016 | 09:59 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by monochrom3
GT4 went down in T10 today at COTA. I don't know who it was. Hope it wasn't any of y'all. I hear driver is okay though
Ouch! Saw the car (pretty messed up - I don't see how it's not totaled) and it always breaks my heart when I see something like this. And the fact that it was a GT4 makes it closer to home as well. I have no info on what happened, but sincerely hope the gentleman is okay. Cars can always be fixed or replaced - your health cannot.

IF it happened on T10 it means spin hitting inside barrier. That is a high speed, blind, off camber corner. An absolute NON-LIFT corner which is what you instinctively want to do when new to the track. Ugh! It sucks that it happened.
Old 09-03-2016 | 10:11 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Different topic. Ran with the red group from Chin at COTA today for the first time. Chin has always been fast and compared to the other groups running cota their intermediate group is easily as fast, or faster, than any other group's fastest group (PCA, BMW, EdgeAddicst, DriversEdge etc)

Their red group this weekend certainly takes it to a new level. Very few street legal cars and between the Trofeo Lambo's, those beastly Camaro's, the Cup cars, the prototypes and some custom race craft, my poor GT4 had a blast going into the esses three cars side to side with two Trofeo Lambo's....

Good Stuff!!! Let me just say that I had to leave my ego in the garage....
Old 09-04-2016 | 12:12 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fishing
I contacted them too! I am only there on Saturday but I am considering renting the Wolf.

From today

MSR C

I am glad he is ok. That sucks. I absolutely hate hearing about track incidents. That's actually my biggest concern about renting the Wolf. It is low, very light (to be running with sport cars), and its an expensive car.

I rented it and had a blast. I purchased insurance in case I made a mistake. Once I got the ***** to rely on the ground effects, I was in the teens for lap times. I never drove a car like that before. The data showed that I was pulling over 2 Gs on T16-18. Tomorrow is the maiden track day for the GT4...I plan to take it easy because my bearings are out of whack. For example, you don't hit the brakes going into T12 until inside the 100 marker.
Old 09-04-2016 | 12:52 AM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
I rented it and had a blast. I purchased insurance in case I made a mistake. Once I got the ***** to rely on the ground effects, I was in the teens for lap times. I never drove a car like that before. The data showed that I was pulling over 2 Gs on T16-18. Tomorrow is the maiden track day for the GT4...I plan to take it easy because my bearings are out of whack. For example, you don't hit the brakes going into T12 until inside the 100 marker.
Wow, that's awesome! Lightweight and downforce is addicting!! I have a hard time adjusting to sport cars, especially if I drive both on the same day. How much was insurance? I really wish someone would have a lightweight/open wheel run group. If I ever got hit while driving my FM with sport cars, I could too easily be killed or seriously injured. The Wolf offers more protection, but its still risky IMO.

Have fun tomorrow!
Old 09-04-2016 | 08:12 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid $950 for the weekend. They charge by the event, not the day, so I ended up paying for both days even though I ran for one. As for traffic, I was worried a bit. In the end, I felt better. I can see who I am going to pass and I am patient to make sure that there was no risk in doing so. As for being over taken...I was only passed on the straights by the 700 HP cars. I was only scared when a LP1 car (that was testing) passed me on the inside of a T20 very late. I way always checking my mirrors and that car appeared so freaking fast, it was scary. As for switching cars...I am going to take it really easy today because I am worried about the extreme differences in the cars.

Last edited by texasviany; 09-04-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: added more
Old 09-04-2016 | 08:38 PM
BlackRain
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Was a tuff Saturday after witnessing the GT4 hit the guardrail inside of T10 track exit. Was in my students Spec Boxter at the apex when the GT4 crossed the track, hit the guard rail and did an airborne 360 about 3 ft in the air, with parts flying off. I thought he was going to bounce back on track. We stopped at exit of T11 with Red Flag.
Very glad to here from Chin that the driver was alright after we got in from the red flag.
He was very extremely lucky.
Old 09-04-2016 | 09:14 PM
matt_337
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to meet all of you.

On another note, josh is nuts. The tire wear alone is witness to his insanity.

It was the first event for my gt4 and it was a blast.

Matt
Old 09-04-2016 | 09:20 PM
jslee225
Racer

Originally Posted by matt_337
Nice to meet all of you.

On another note, josh is nuts. The tire wear alone is witness to his insanity.

It was the first event for my gt4 and it was a blast.

Matt
HAHA! It was nice meeting you Matt! For those that don't know Matt and Mike are some of the nicest guys you can ever meet!
Old 09-04-2016 | 09:23 PM
Houston GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jslee225
HAHA! It was nice meeting you Matt! For those that don't know Matt and Mike are some of the nicest guys you can ever meet!
Nice to meet you guys. Hopefully I can run with you guys next. Ernie.
Old 09-04-2016 | 10:06 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 766 Likes on 381 Posts

Rhodium silver GT4 in Sugar Land
Old 09-04-2016 | 10:32 PM
matt_337
Advanced

I thought this car was rare. Lol

I missed other gt4s that were at the event.

Here are some plus a wider shot.

Old 09-05-2016 | 09:13 AM
jslee225
Racer

Originally Posted by myBailey07
Ouch! Saw the car (pretty messed up - I don't see how it's not totaled) and it always breaks my heart when I see something like this. And the fact that it was a GT4 makes it closer to home as well. I have no info on what happened, but sincerely hope the gentleman is okay. Cars can always be fixed or replaced - your health cannot.

IF it happened on T10 it means spin hitting inside barrier. That is a high speed, blind, off camber corner. An absolute NON-LIFT corner which is what you instinctively want to do when new to the track. Ugh! It sucks that it happened.
Deleted.

Last edited by jslee225; 09-05-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2016 | 01:12 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 555 Posts

Generally not kosher to post pics of track crashes. Please remove that video.
Old 09-05-2016 | 01:37 PM
jslee225
Racer

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Generally not kosher to post pics of track crashes. Please remove that video.
sorry! It wasn't my intention to offend
Old 09-05-2016 | 01:42 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 37 Posts

I got tagged a bunch on facebook and instagram about that car that wrecked on COTA.... The car is totalled for sure. Glad the owner was OK.

I saw a Snapchat video of the Driver... He was very angry.

Quick Reply: Hey, Any Texas GT4 Owners In Here?