Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 05:43 AM
FrugalB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So torn

A week until I lock and still going back and forth....

Old 02-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think you see the lines better in white. However, that black looks damn cool. You can't lose! I compromised on silver.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:31 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 582 Posts

I will go for white, but i am biased
Old 02-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Frugal - black or Spyder Classic interior?
I prefer the white though both look great
Old 02-06-2016, 11:19 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Jet black with classic red interior has to be the most beautiful combo I've seen as long as you don't mind the silver interior trim.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:46 AM
FrugalB
Advanced

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Jet black with classic red interior has to be the most beautiful combo I've seen as long as you don't mind the silver interior trim.
Not a fan of red interior. Never liked its usage in s2000's, even though I do like the red stitching contrast with the black car. I thought white the whole time, but every time I see a black spyder it makes me change my mind. How does clear bra effect a black car? Does it not get the swirls? I'd wrap the whole car.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Black And I would go for Jet black which imo is gorgeous and gives regular black bit more specialness. I never liked white cars, too bland and I find the reflections of white actually reduces the depths of the lines while darker colors enhance it. I think one of the ransoms People love Gt silver vs Rhodium is the darker GT silver really shows of the lines of the car better
Old 02-06-2016, 01:49 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu RS
Jupjai,
Couldn't agree with you more about Ronny Till! I presume you also did the factory tour but being Canadian did they by chance hook you up with the Canadian tour guide for the English speaking tour?
No, Belgian fellow who speaks english. Only 2 couples so like a private tour.
It was my 3rd time so wasn't really listening....just looking at the cars
Old 02-06-2016, 08:46 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 929 Posts

IMHO... Knowing the fact that you are in the PNW, I would go white over black. Have you ever owned a black car before? Maintenance/up keep on a Black car is WAY higher. I agree it looks awesome, but only if you keep it tip top shape. Another question is if the Spyder will be a weekend toy versus a daily driver? At the end of the day it really is up to you... Go with your own personal gut and not others, otherwise you will regret it down the road. Either route you go we will have to do a drive when your car arrives. Are you buying from Sunset?
Old 02-07-2016, 02:24 AM
FrugalB
Advanced

Originally Posted by navanoD
IMHO... Knowing the fact that you are in the PNW, I would go white over black. Have you ever owned a black car before? Maintenance/up keep on a Black car is WAY higher. I agree it looks awesome, but only if you keep it tip top shape. Another question is if the Spyder will be a weekend toy versus a daily driver? At the end of the day it really is up to you... Go with your own personal gut and not others, otherwise you will regret it down the road. Either route you go we will have to do a drive when your car arrives. Are you buying from Sunset?
Yes, buying from sunset... I have 7 other cars 3 being black. This will be a reserved weekend driver, so not too worried about it getting dirty. White is my gut call, but have a fondness every time I see a black one. I will have this car forever (if all goes as planned), so want to make sure I make the right decision. I have a white s2k already that is a track car, and prior to looking at the spyder, I was thinking on getting a black s2k. I am seriously 50/50. I know it's my call, but just looking for others opinions.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:35 AM
kskpsu
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FrugalB
White is my gut call, but have a fondness every time I see a black one.
This summarizes my disposition. I think white is stellar. But just watch that spyder sales video on youtube from a dealer out east showcasing their black one. Oh my, so that's what it's like being seduced by the dark side. I was torn too, and ultimately landed on...GT Silver Have two white cars and a black one already, so simply opted for diversity (and I think it's the ultimate timeless/homage hue with spyder classic interior for someone that also wants to keep it indefinitely). Still adore white/black every time I see them...can't go wrong.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 AM
RWR
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kskpsu
This summarizes my disposition. I think white is stellar. But just watch that spyder sales video on youtube from a dealer out east showcasing their black one. Oh my, so that's what it's like being seduced by the dark side. I was torn too, and ultimately landed on...GT Silver Have two white cars and a black one already, so simply opted for diversity (and I think it's the ultimate timeless/homage hue with spyder classic interior for someone that also wants to keep it indefinitely). Still adore white/black every time I see them...can't go wrong.
+1
Old 02-07-2016, 12:10 PM
GTautoDesign
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lots o chattin in here, get back to the smexy pics!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:18 PM
FrugalB
Advanced

Originally Posted by kskpsu
Lol this is what got me on the black kick!

http://youtu.be/ZW2HxjOVZRQ
Old 02-07-2016, 05:23 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Saw an agate grey Spyder today at Blackhawk C&C.. Anyone here? Can't be many of those.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Picture Thread