Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:44 PM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ pretty sure I can do that day, just need to check with the boss and the 1 year old boss, tough getting used to 2 bosses in the house now

just remembered there is a Porsche club super sprint on the north circuit on the 24th September, I love the hump on the back straight of the north circuit, things can get a little loose
Old 08-09-2017, 10:45 PM
O5C4R
Racer

Originally Posted by mungee
jebus that's awesome, and you are saying go easy on me lol
Old 08-09-2017, 11:28 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice bit of driving, at 1:16 I see your revs going past 8k. I thought they're limited to 7800, have you raised the limiter ?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:03 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Good for me...Also we should all move our cars into your garage for a group photo!!!

Challenge is how many GT4's can we fit into that lovely garage at once..
Haha. I can fit 7 cars in there. Here is a pic of the whole thing (the RS6 isn't mine, I was storing it on the weekend for a friend). If we can get 7 x GT4s together that would be epic in there.

Originally Posted by O5C4R
^^ pretty sure I can do that day, just need to check with the boss and the 1 year old boss, tough getting used to 2 bosses in the house now

just remembered there is a Porsche club super sprint on the north circuit on the 24th September, I love the hump on the back straight of the north circuit, things can get a little loose
Let us know and if you can that would be awesome. Hopefully a few more guys here jump on board as well. I don't think I will do the 24th. Have a function the night before and not sure how I will pull up or if I will be sober enough to drive the next day.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:05 AM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
jebus that's awesome, and you are saying go easy on me lol
Thanks, hoping to go quicker as I made a few little mistakes...

Originally Posted by James88
Nice bit of driving, at 1:16 I see your revs going past 8k. I thought they're limited to 7800, have you raised the limiter ?
Thanks - Yes I saw that also...Car ECU is 100% stock (about to get a tune) but you can over-rev in-between shifts I believe. No expert but will run an over-rev report to check...
Old 08-10-2017, 01:09 AM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by Charliekay
If we can get 7 x GT4s together that would be epic in there.
Well that's 2 including me for this pic...anymore takers...

Let us know and if you can that would be awesome. Hopefully a few more guys here jump on board as well. I don't think I will do the 24th. Have a function the night before and not sure how I will pull up or if I will be sober enough to drive the next day.
LOL...Drinking always comes first
Old 08-10-2017, 02:34 AM
O5C4R
Racer

I've had that over rev when I've butchered the gear change
Old 08-11-2017, 04:24 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I'm going to bite the bullet on a set of Koya's. The price is just too attractive to ignore.

Charlie / Warwick - just confirming at least one of you runs after-market toe links and that their is no rubbing running the 11s? And that there is no clearance issues with the front brakes.

Was there a reason you went 8.5 front rather than 9s?

I already have a set of 19's in 8.5f/10r but the fronts I have are just too tight on brake clearance for my liking (especially given they are track wheels) and the rears being 10's don't fit the 295 Hoosiers well at all (the tyres actually go flat when the presures drop to cold over-night as I think the seals break. They hold fine when hot / up to +20psi pressure).
Old 08-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Snowman.
I think I'm going to bite the bullet on a set of Koya's. The price is just too attractive to ignore.

Charlie / Warwick - just confirming at least one of you runs after-market toe links and that their is no rubbing running the 11s? And that there is no clearance issues with the front brakes.

I already have a set of 19's in 8.5f/10r but the fronts I have are just too tight on brake clearance for my liking (especially given they are track wheels) and the rears being 10's don't fit the 295 Hoosiers well at all (the tyres actually go flat when the presures drop to cold over-night as I think the seals break. They hold fine when hot / up to +20psi pressure).
I will let you know 100% over the weekend but this is a summary of what happened to me.

Ordered set of Koyas 19x8.5 ET45 & 19x11 ET50 (apparently Ross was under the impression there was more room at the rear from 19x11 ET47 he had done previously). This was not the case. 19x11 ET50 hit my rear toe links (I have the upgraded ones for more camber). Sent Ross the pictures of where it was hitting, he ordered me a new set at 19x11 ET46 (I wanted ET46 over ET47 just to be extra safe). I test fitted them last night before I swapped the rubber over to the new rears, hand spun the wheels, checked everything and it just cleared. I swapped the rubber over today and will test drive the tomorrow to make sure under load it doesn't hit any components but looks good. Give Ross @ Rolling Stock - http://www.rollingstock.net.au - a call or message, champion guy and he wore all the cost of replacing the rears because of his mistake. No questions asked.

First pic is ET50, you can see it touching the toe links. Heard the scraping when I took it out of the garage. Straight back in I went. Second is ET46, you can see how small the gap is between the toe link. ET47 would just clear or clear the metal but take the powdercoat off. Third is how far the ET46 sits out from the guards. It is only 4mm more than stock and lots of people are running ET44-47 for track wheels so wont be any issue for fender clearance.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.

I'm running RSS rear links and 47 ET with no scraping. (look up some of my detailed posts and photos). I should have ordered 9" fronts. I may get another set of Koya's next year as they cost less than a set of tyres anyway and the fronts would be 9's. I have a set Hoosiers lying around!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
I'm running RSS rear links and 47 ET with no scraping. (look up some of my detailed posts and photos). I should have ordered 9" fronts. I may get another set of Koya's next year as they cost less than a set of tyres anyway and the fronts would be 9's. I have a set Hoosiers lying around!
Koya don't make the SF in a 19x9. Either 19x8.5 or 9.5. I asked when I was buying my set.

Also, would be interested in seeing a pic of how close your 19x11 ET47 are to your toe links. You mentioned previously you were going to go ET50 on the rear for your next set, but ET50 hit my RSS toe links as my pictures above and ET46 just cleared. Interesting to see if different cars vary that much.

You going to the PCNSW Wakefield Day next weekend?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:14 PM
mungee
Racer

I will trial fit mine today and report. I have the TPC toe links fitted...I have the 11 rears with 47 offset..

Old 08-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Koya don't make the SF in a 19x9. Either 19x8.5 or 9.5. I asked when I was buying my set.

Also, would be interested in seeing a pic of how close your 19x11 ET47 are to your toe links. You mentioned previously you were going to go ET50 on the rear for your next set, but ET50 hit my RSS toe links as my pictures above and ET46 just cleared. Interesting to see if different cars vary that much.

You going to the PCNSW Wakefield Day next weekend?
I don't store the car at home so can't quickly get some photos of the rear links. I will be a Wakefield next Saturday in the PR Tech garage and you're welcome to have a look. See you there; there were 6 GT4's at the last event I think.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Charliekay
Racer

I will trial fit mine today and report. I have the TPC toe links fitted...I have the 11 rears with 47 offset..
Awesome mate, let us know how you go.

I don't store the car at home so can't quickly get some photos of the rear links. I will be a Wakefield next Saturday in the PR Tech garage and you're welcome to have a look. See you there; there were 6 GT4's at the last event I think.
Great, see you there.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:08 PM
mungee
Racer

Mine have plenty of clearance...and they are 45mm offset.

Which wheel nuts do you guys use, theirs or Porsche ones? Also which way are you fitting the hub ring?

Thoughts?
Attached Images   

Last edited by mungee; 08-12-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s