Met with Andreas Prueninger in Weissach

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sapman
Matt,

Not sure if you saw this post on Pistonheads today concerning this Rennlist thread:

"Having spoken to Andreas Preuninger this morning; this is his official position on a PDK version GT4 and requested I share with the Internet:

"I am afraid the current GT4 with PDK story is complete nonsense, I never said this to anybody. I generally state that we monitor the market Situation before we plan new models and that future generation GT cars could offer the choice of either manual or PDK, but thats years from today and not decided yet. I have no problem if you share that Information."

"

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...%2E&mid=302309
While there's a small part of me that understand the business case for offering a PDK option for the GT4 and the likelihood of improving sales (and profits), the overwhelming majority of me is more than a little stoked to learn that this car could continue to be the last of a dying breed.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:32 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Matt,

Not sure if you saw this post on Pistonheads today concerning this Rennlist thread:

"Having spoken to Andreas Preuninger this morning; this is his official position on a PDK version GT4 and requested I share with the Internet:

"I am afraid the current GT4 with PDK story is complete nonsense, I never said this to anybody. I generally state that we monitor the market Situation before we plan new models and that future generation GT cars could offer the choice of either manual or PDK, but thats years from today and not decided yet. I have no problem if you share that Information."

"

How come AP keeps going through people to spread the news. LOL
Old 09-11-2015, 07:24 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Matt,

"

If that is indeed the case, then we will most likely see it as an option on the 981.2 GT4.

Last edited by tcsracing1; 09-11-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,353 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
If that is indeed the case, then we will most likely see it as an option on the 987.2 GT4.
Ahem!

Back to the future?

Old 09-11-2015, 07:38 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zmon
The cup is also going to be 6MT
If that is the case, then why are they testing the full cage GT4 with a some sort of sequential or PDK?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:42 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by konaforever
How come AP keeps going through people to spread the news. LOL
He isn't going through people, he is just having conversations. It is the people, and then us by extension that make things he says in normal conversation in to "news"

This is why people with information eventually just stop talking to people like us. I suspect that will happen here soon enough.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Met with Andreas Prueninger in Weissach

Remember AP is more concerned in marketing at the moment rather than engineering. He simply WILL NOT share this type of information with any customer,unless you're on the board and in that case you already know.
I reckon he's pretty good at giving " politician answers ",if you know what I mean...

But please do not stop commenting,it is absolutely entertaining!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:09 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
Ahem!

Back to the future?

lol. thanks for reminding me!

Old 10-06-2015, 11:31 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

FINALLY! I CAN TALK FREELY ABOUT THIS THING!

So, I previously posted about my meeting with AP Weissach. He told me a few things which I shared online but asked me to keep quiet about the "GT4 Race (now called Club Sport) for a few days until it was officially announced.

It is now official!

We did not have an "interview" as was incorrectly reported by the media (our sit down chat was not an official interview), and I did not say PDK was coming in 3 days. My error saying PDK would make sense in 3 days thinking the Club Sport announcement was imminent.

PDK made no sense to me at the time so I asked him in many different ways "why?". Finally, he relented and then told me to keep secret about the development of the GT4 Club Sport. AP explained that all the other competing cars are using similar technology and in order to compete and win, Porsche needed to use PDK. Porsche likes to win. Amen brother!

So, now you all know ...

http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsc...l-de&id=361632
Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
...I did not say PDK was coming in 3 days. My error saying PDK would make sense in 3 days thinking the Club Sport announcement was imminent.

PDK made no sense to me at the time so I asked him in many different ways "why?". Finally, he relented and then told me to keep secret about the development of the GT4 Club Sport.
PDK - I asked if they have had time to work on the PDK for a GT4. He replied, yes, the GT4 will be offered in customer choice PDK or manual soon. (Although this might not make sense today, in 3 days it will). This, in spite of the overwhelming success of the concept of getting back to the emotional part of the driving experience.
I think the confusion stemmed from how you said it (particularly the bold-faced part). No matter - the resulting internet conflagration was entertaining, to say the least.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:54 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
I think the confusion stemmed from how you said it (particularly the bold-faced part). No matter - the resulting internet conflagration was entertaining, to say the least.
In the end, I had to shake my head and laugh too with all the conflicting direct quotes from our respected friend in Weissach.

My comments this morning have all been about the announcement of GT4 Race aka Club Sport. Now, PDK for street is another can of worms. AP said yes, then AP said no (but with the caveat not yet), then the Club Sport release says the car will be homologated - does that mean PDK for street will be required?

More drama to follow and for all to enjoy.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:23 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

I was also told Yes for a street PDK. Maybe he misunderstood and meant this car but Im pretty sure he knew exactly what I asked.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

" Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction. "

Criss Jami

This^^^ sounds good to me in the context. Not referring to those that are reporting what have been told,but to the interpretation presented by the man himself.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:19 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 185 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Yes, agreed, that caused a ton of confusion. And then when I asked if this was about the "cup" car, Matt could not confirm for sure, but I sort of guessed it rad only the cup car.

Ah well, thanks for trying Matt. As Whoopsy suggested, better to just keep some info under wraps for both your sake and the source's.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:06 AM
KingSize.Hamster
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
In the end, I had to shake my head and laugh too with all the conflicting direct quotes from our respected friend in Weissach.

My comments this morning have all been about the announcement of GT4 Race aka Club Sport. Now, PDK for street is another can of worms. AP said yes, then AP said no (but with the caveat not yet), then the Club Sport release says the car will be homologated - does that mean PDK for street will be required?

More drama to follow and for all to enjoy.
Lol. Oh wells ... Maybe he was trying to hold back. i.e. no PDK for 981.2 and 981.2 GT4s, but you will see PDK in 982.1 GT4s (or whatever the successor is called). Yet he didn't want to reveal too much info about having a definite answer of 982 GT4's existence 6 years from now. So that's where he turned Yes to No. It's like the deal is that PDK will go into a GT4 track car, and eventually will trickle down to a road car but not no. Just that he can't tell you exactly in that way. That's my guess ....

Quick Reply: Met with Andreas Prueninger in Weissach