Stitching: (Grey/Red/Yellow) GREY
Brakes: (Steel/PCCB) STEEL
Sports Chron: (Yes/No) NO
Wheel Color: (Platinum/Satin/Silver) PLATINUM
Old 10-26-2015, 07:18 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

First PTS seen! it is ID#840. You can find it at the bottom of the list since I have not yet sorted.

It almost eluded me because it was a VIN that returned no result before. I was just going back through some of the last 197xxx VIN's just to see if some later ones had escaped my notice and sure enough two had, and one was a PTS.

The color is listed as 25041, so I have no idea what it actually is.

Anyway it is green, I think all the PTS cars will be "famous" unless there gets to be too many.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Steve D
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Encouraging news about PTS starting to show up.
BTW, I believe code 25041 is for the PTS option and is not referring to a particular color.
Keep up the good work and I thank you for your diligence.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:21 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Steve D
Encouraging news about PTS starting to show up.
BTW, I believe code 25041 is for the PTS option and is not referring to a particular color.
Yes I believe you are correct, which unfortunately means there is nothing in the online build data that tells us the color of PTS cars. So for PTS cars we will be dependent on the owner showing up and telling us the color.

Or someone seeing the car and noting both the VIN and the color code.

Shoot.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:59 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thigos
VIN: WP0AC2A81GK197755
Paint Color: WHITE
Dealer: PORSCHE NORTH SCOTTSDALE
MSRP: $93,115
Seats: (LWB/2 way/18 way) LWB
Leather: (Full/Partial) FULL
Stitching: (Grey/Red/Yellow) GREY
Brakes: (Steel/PCCB) STEEL
Sports Chron: (Yes/No) NO
Wheel Color: (Platinum/Satin/Silver) PLATINUM
Thanks! you are ID#658
Old 10-27-2015, 03:56 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This is great to have so much data on the GT4s.
Since you are up to ID 658 (isn't that over 80% of the 750 cars in total for the US?) can I ask a question (that can't be answered by looking at the data alone.)
The manufacturing factory ID on my VIN, and the others reported in posts here is K, which is Osnabruck. This factory is supposed to produce all 981 Caymans (my GTS was made there.) Even though the GT4 is a Motorsports car, and differs quite a lot from the base, S and GTS, do you think there's a special "line" for the GT4 in the factory? Surely they don't make an S, then a GT4, then a GTS, etc. on the same line?
Old 10-27-2015, 04:06 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
If you look at the "GT4" stitching on the headrests that is Guards Red. All other stitching is darker and not as pronounced. The remaining stitching on seats, dash, doors etc. is much closer to Carmine than Guards. Even the red seat belts are close to Guards Red. I have looked at this multiple times. Those guys with red stitching interiors please chime in. Look at the GT4 color on the headrests and then at the rest of the stitching.
I think it all the same color - just the amount of stitching in GT4 makes it stand out more against the back drop than in some other areas, where ithe stitching is the background color for sure.

Here are some photos of various areas stitched on my car.

I saw a car SB like mine last weekend yellow stitched and it looked excellent as well, but no PCCB's. I felt like they go together - yellow stitch and calipers, red stich and red calipers - but that was just me.
Attached Images      
Old 10-27-2015, 05:02 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

^^^^ Wow, that leather covered steering column really pops with the deviated stitching!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
I think it all the same color - just the amount of stitching in GT4 makes it stand out more against the back drop than in some other areas, where ithe stitching is the background color for sure.

Here are some photos of various areas stitched on my car.

I saw a car SB like mine last weekend yellow stitched and it looked excellent as well, but no PCCB's. I felt like they go together - yellow stitch and calipers, red stich and red calipers - but that was just me.
I did the steering wheel column but not the extended dash. Kind of wish I did now
Old 10-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
^^^^ Wow, that leather covered steering column really pops with the deviated stitching!
+1!
Now you've got me thinking about adding it.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a good bump always works to keep a good thread relevant.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:34 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

I was about to bump it anyway as I just added a new batch of VIN's. Now up to 870 cars.

The big news is that there are now no Paint Color/Stitch Color combos that have not been ordered, now that a Guards Red with Yellow Stitching has shown up. That is with steel (Red Calipers) brakes too. Canadian Car.

I got rid of the LWB ordered when LWB is available graph as it is just too hard to keep accurate. Suffice it to say when LWB is available it is selected far more than the other seat options. I guess about 75% but no way to know for sure.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:39 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
This is great to have so much data on the GT4s.
Since you are up to ID 658 (isn't that over 80% of the 750 cars in total for the US?) can I ask a question (that can't be answered by looking at the data alone.)
The manufacturing factory ID on my VIN, and the others reported in posts here is K, which is Osnabruck. This factory is supposed to produce all 981 Caymans (my GTS was made there.) Even though the GT4 is a Motorsports car, and differs quite a lot from the base, S and GTS, do you think there's a special "line" for the GT4 in the factory? Surely they don't make an S, then a GT4, then a GTS, etc. on the same line?
Sorry I somehow missed this question.

The answer is that every single VIN in the database is a "K" so yes every GT4 was produced in Osnabruck if that is what that signifies.

I have no idea if there is a special line, but I do know they have their own 6 digit VIN sequence that is separate from other Caymans. Although the sequence was interrupted at one point and continued at a completely different point for reasons unknown to me.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:39 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Quick update. Just entered a new round of VINS and it looks like I have all October production captured.

Only 134 GT4's built for NA in October. That is a light month compared to other months where over 250 were built.

Got another PTS car (so that is a total of 2 now), and I know this one is Voodoo Blue thanks to a RL'er who gave me his specs!

Sure wish I could find out the color on that other one.

We are almost at 900 cars for NA, and we are still working through first round of allocations, with Nov and Dec production still to come.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:47 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 154 Posts

Any idea what percentage have the LW buckets?

Quick Reply: GT4 Database