Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Database

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Viewing this on an iPad. In the database you list a month. What does that date represent? Thanks
Old 02-15-2016, 10:40 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelsey
Viewing this on an iPad. In the database you list a month. What does that date represent? Thanks
That is the month the car was built (assembled). It is provided by Porsche on the build sheet.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:28 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My estimated build date as of last month was V260 @ 2/12 and V300 (Vehicle Completion) @ 2/19. So I assume I haven't been assigned a VIN yet?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:14 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrNurse
My estimated build date as of last month was V260 @ 2/12 and V300 (Vehicle Completion) @ 2/19. So I assume I haven't been assigned a VIN yet?
I don't fully understand the VIN assigning process but my experience tells me that no you would not yet have one assigned in the system yet.

As near as I can tell that happens at the port in the US, or somewhere around that time frame.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:52 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
I don't fully understand the VIN assigning process but my experience tells me that no you would not yet have one assigned in the system yet.

As near as I can tell that happens at the port in the US, or somewhere around that time frame.
Ah okay thanks. And people just find their ID# on the registry by just browsing the configs and see which one matches theirs?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:57 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

My salesperson was able to get my VIN from the system right after it completed production and before it reached the Port of Emden.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:12 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
My salesperson was able to get my VIN from the system right after it completed production and before it reached the Port of Emden.
Same. I was thinking the VIN would have to be assigned earlier than that in order to be etched in all of the places that it is. It would be much more work for the port to do that after the car was completely assembled.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Ah okay thanks. And people just find their ID# on the registry by just browsing the configs and see which one matches theirs?
You don't need to find it in the database but you can if you want. Once I know your VIN I can tell you what ID# you are. A lot of people do find it first and tell me though.

Originally Posted by jphughan
Same. I was thinking the VIN would have to be assigned earlier than that in order to be etched in all of the places that it is. It would be much more work for the port to do that after the car was completely assembled.
I am sure that the VIN exists long before it shows up in the Porsche online database. I have seen cars and taken down their VIN's that are not even in the database. But I can't do anything with it until it is. My suspicion is that it is related to it being assigned to the dealership as a car for sale, and taxes and such. But as I said, I really don't know what the process is.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:11 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

You don't need to find it in the database but you can if you want. Once I know your VIN I can tell you what ID# you are. A lot of people do find it first and tell me though.

I am sure that the VIN exists long before it shows up in the Porsche online database. I have seen cars and taken down their VIN's that are not even in the database. But I can't do anything with it until it is. My suspicion is that it is related to it being assigned to the dealership as a car for sale, and taxes and such. But as I said, I really don't know what the process is.
When the VIN shows up in the "Porsche online database" and when the VIN is assigned by Porsche and available via PCNA's dealer access may very well be different. I was responding to your comment about when it would be "assigned in the system." Obviously, you and I took what is the "system" differently.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:37 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 621 Posts

I was told by my SA

Car will begin production on March 11
Car will receive a VIN on March 25 (he referred to it as the "birthday")
Car will arrive Emden April 1
There was more but maybe this ^ answers the VIN question
Old 02-17-2016, 12:24 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

When the VIN shows up in the "Porsche online database" and when the VIN is assigned by Porsche and available via PCNA's dealer access may very well be different. I was responding to your comment about when it would be "assigned in the system." Obviously, you and I took what is the "system" differently.
The only "system" that matter for the purposes of this conversation is the "system" that I can access. Obviously that is one I am talking about and the one that directly feeds the data in the database for which this thread was created.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

The only "system" that matter for the purposes of this conversation is the "system" that I can access. Obviously that is one I am talking about and the one that directly feeds the data in the database for which this thread was created.
Thank you for clarifying. I certainly meant no offense.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:19 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Thank you for clarifying. I certainly meant no offense.
None taken. Alright well I did get a little testy, but that was more a matter of me taking things too seriously than you. Sorry about that.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:31 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

None taken. Alright well I did get a little testy, but that was more a matter of me taking things too seriously than you. Sorry about that.
No problem - all good!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry if this was asked before ..but is the date on the V300 sheet the build date? Thanks

Quick Reply: GT4 Database