Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Database

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 02:27 AM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve D
#918. Funny. The reason I went with Birch Green was an Acid Green 918 sitting on the dealer's showroom.

Thanks again for all of your efforts on tracking these units.
Birch Green is one of, if not my all-time, favorite green color. That and Neon Green are it for me.

Please post pics as soon as you get it.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:47 AM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Old 12-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Steve D
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is one that was delivered in the U.K. in the last few days.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:31 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

So nice!
My PTS choices were between Birch and licthgrun!!!!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Steve D
Rennlist Member

I was not going to post any pictures because this color seems to be so polarizing. There was a thread last year here on Birch Green. So many outright rude comments. Who needs that?

I have to say I never thought I would ever own a car in a color so bright.
I am an introvert and this color screams "look at me". My last five pickups have been black. Bought Mountain Gray for our daily car. I was going with Voodoo Blue or maybe Gulf Orange. As I mentioned earlier, when I saw this color on the 918, that was that. Looked sooo much better than any picture. Didn't hurt that my wife loved it too.

Plan is to warp the hood and spoiler side plates in a matte black. Side air scoop blades in the same or maybe fake 3D carbon fibre. Roof and deck lid may get the matte black finish as well. Will wait until I see it to decide.

I also have plans on having some LWB inserts custom made in with a touch of lime green to tie things together.

Bottom line is I am going to have fun with this puppy.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:14 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Love it.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:44 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I was not going to post any pictures because this color seems to be so polarizing. There was a thread last year here on Birch Green. So many outright rude comments. Who needs that?

I have to say I never thought I would ever own a car in a color so bright.
I am an introvert and this color screams "look at me". My last five pickups have been black. Bought Mountain Gray for our daily car. I was going with Voodoo Blue or maybe Gulf Orange. As I mentioned earlier, when I saw this color on the 918, that was that. Looked sooo much better than any picture. Didn't hurt that my wife loved it too.

Plan is to warp the hood and spoiler side plates in a matte black. Side air scoop blades in the same or maybe fake 3D carbon fibre. Roof and deck lid may get the matte black finish as well. Will wait until I see it to decide.

I also have plans on having some LWB inserts custom made in with a touch of lime green to tie things together.

Bottom line is I am going to have fun with this puppy.
Sounds like quite a plan! But if you're going to go with matte black and CF, I'm curious why you didn't get the satin black wheels, which I'd have thought would work well with both this color and those accents. Or are you going to go aftermarket for wheels anyway?
Old 12-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Steve D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jphughan
Sounds like quite a plan! But if you're going to go with matte black and CF, I'm curious why you didn't get the satin black wheels, which I'd have thought would work well with both this color and those accents. Or are you going to go aftermarket for wheels anyway?
Good question. I was going back and forth on factory black wheels. Didn't care for the look of the optional satin black paint. On top of that, the factory black paint I've seen had not been holding up well. For $700 I could get my wheels powder coated in a gloss black. Plus, as you surmised, I was thinking of some 19" wheels. Still am.

Now what to do with the calipers...
Old 12-20-2015, 09:54 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

this is kind of a bump, but also a mention of a sign that the GT4 community is growing. Aside from the obvious fact that more cars are being delivered every month.

I can tell by the activity on the registry. When I started it, more often than not nobody would be viewing it when I looked at it. Whenever this thread would get bumped to the top there would be 4 or 5 people and then that would die away as it moved down the page and on to page 2 or 3.

However, for the last month or so, there seems to never be a time when there are not at least 2 or 3 people. And sometimes 10 people viewing the registry. And it now seems to have no correlation to this thread or even my own posts (my sig drives some traffic I assume).

So we seem to be a busier place. I also wonder of the registry is linked from somewhere else that I am not aware of too.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Eggy41
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi gmaki

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to compile and maintain this list, very interesting info. I wondered if anyone had considered collating "previous car owned"? I'd find this interesting (appreciate people may not wish to divulge) just to see how many people are staying in the Cayman world, how many moving from the 911 world or coming from another manufacturer .... I thought it might provide interesting info on the " a Cayman with a 911 engine will cannibalise 911 sales" debate ? All sorts of permutations, could be interesting .
Old 12-29-2015, 03:08 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eggy41
Hi gmaki

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to compile and maintain this list, very interesting info. I wondered if anyone had considered collating "previous car owned"? I'd find this interesting (appreciate people may not wish to divulge) just to see how many people are staying in the Cayman world, how many moving from the 911 world or coming from another manufacturer .... I thought it might provide interesting info on the " a Cayman with a 911 engine will cannibalise 911 sales" debate ? All sorts of permutations, could be interesting .
That would be interesting. However the fact is that information that relies on user participation is very hard to get. I bulk of the info in the database was garnered from records, and not from user input. If I had relied on that I would only a tiny fraction of what I have now.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:23 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,071 Likes on 2,326 Posts

How many PTS cars are in the database so far?
Old 12-29-2015, 07:25 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
How many PTS cars are in the database so far?
There are 9. 4 of them of unknown color.

PTS cars can be tricky for me as they seem to get held back which means sometimes when I check a batch of VIN's I end up with a number missing in the sequence that sometimes later shows up as a PTS car.

European Delivery catches me sometimes too.

What that means is that the true # of PTS cars may lag somewhat behind. Although I have been fairly diligent to go back through the skipped VIN's and catch them before they go too long.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gmaki
There are 9. 4 of them of unknown color.

PTS cars can be tricky for me as they seem to get held back which means sometimes when I check a batch of VIN's I end up with a number missing in the sequence that sometimes later shows up as a PTS car.

European Delivery catches me sometimes too.

What that means is that the true # of PTS cars may lag somewhat behind. Although I have been fairly diligent to go back through the skipped VIN's and catch them before they go too long.
There's a guy from New Jersey on Instagram that has a PTS GT4. It's either a Gulf Blue, which would make it one of the four unknowns, or the known Olympic Blue.

I'm being super helpful.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,071 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
There's a guy from New Jersey on Instagram that has a PTS GT4. It's either a Gulf Blue, which would make it one of the four unknowns, or the known Olympic Blue.

I'm being super helpful.
You mind posting the link to the picture of the car (or attaching it)?

Quick Reply: GT4 Database