GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Database

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015 | 04:36 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Cleanup is complete. I have every VIN entered that can be looked up.

1. Prior to this last surge of data, CWM and Rhodium were duking it out for "rarest" color. But now CWM went crazy in the later builds, leaving Rhodium as the clear cut, least selected color.

2. No one yet has gotten a Guards Red car with Yellow stitching. If you want to a rare car... there ya' go!

3. Silver rims is another way to get a rarer car.

4. Interesting that people who get Steel Brakes go with Platinum wheels far more often than Black. But PCCB buyers go with Black Wheels way more than Platinum. Probably speaks to the fact that Platinum Wheels and Steel Brakes are both no cost.

5. It seems to me that sometimes Porsche tries to group the builds by Paint color, but now it seems that later in the game they have grouped by seat selection. You can see long series of all LWB cars being built sequentially in the later months.

And one last thing. It still seems to me that it would be "wrong" to make full VIN #'s available on a publicly shared document, so I have hidden them. However knowing that I now have every single VIN, including place holders for missing VIN's someone could figure out any exact VIN #'s with some simple counting. Previously I had sorted by VIN #. But in order to thwart the above I changed that and instead sorted first by build month and then by VIN#. The outcome of this is that the VIN's are not in perfect order and if you tried to derive a VIN by counting you would be incorrect.

I am still not sure why I should be hiding the VIN's but just because I am not sure doesn't mean I should expose them. Just the fact that Porsche's own VIN lookup doesn't like to receive multiple VIN requests tells me I should probably not make it easier. So anyway that is the way it is.
Old 10-08-2015 | 05:48 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

At a quick glance it looks like roughly 750 cars either in or on their way to North America. And LWB's are in roughly 35% of them. The average MSRP is $98,985. And the median MSRP is $98,200. Is this correct?
Old 10-08-2015 | 05:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

It'll be interesting to see how many PTS cars North America gets.
Old 10-08-2015 | 07:12 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman
At a quick glance it looks like roughly 750 cars either in or on their way to North America. And LWB's are in roughly 35% of them. The average MSRP is $98,985. And the median MSRP is $98,200. Is this correct?
The Median is actually $98,221. I just added it to the summary.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
It'll be interesting to see how many PTS cars North America gets.
That is my last hope for excitement out of this, when the first PTS car shows up!
Old 10-09-2015 | 04:16 AM
Ochocoronas
Pro

1. Prior to this last surge of data, CWM and Rhodium were duking it out for "rarest" color. But now CWM went crazy in the later builds, leaving Rhodium as the clear cut, least selected color.
I do not see how this can be? Its clearly the best color on the GT4 hands down!!!! I do not know why Porsche even offered other colors. Well at least my GT4 is worth another $7k for being so rare.
Old 10-09-2015 | 10:28 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

I haven't looked through this doc in awhile.. Huge change in some #'s!
The spike in LWB orders def shows its appeal!

Thanks again for maintaining this as I find it to be in valuable.

Old 10-09-2015 | 11:00 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
I do not see how this can be? Its clearly the best color on the GT4 hands down!!!! I do not know why Porsche even offered other colors. Well at least my GT4 is worth another $7k for being so rare.
Ha!

I'm not the biggest fan of black wheels, but I have to say I think it looks really good with the Rhodium. Nice choice.
Old 10-09-2015 | 12:09 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
Ha!

I'm not the biggest fan of black wheels, but I have to say I think it looks really good with the Rhodium. Nice choice.

Thanks!!!! I think a lot more people would of got this color if they would of seen one in person. Here it is!! One of the rarest GT4s in the world. Rhodium Silver with LWBS , Silver Seatbelts and Black Wheels.
Old 10-09-2015 | 01:36 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Thanks!!!! I think a lot more people would of got this color if they would of seen one in person. Here it is!! One of the rarest GT4s in the world. Rhodium Silver with LWBS , Silver Seatbelts and Black Wheels.
I'm not a fan of silver.. But that particular shade is quite striking on the GT4. Your combo is quite delicious..

Edit: the clear sides really flow well!
Old 10-09-2015 | 01:43 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

It's good to see the larger photo. It definitely works. The various black aero parts in the GT4 seem to tie it all in. It's a looker!!
Old 10-09-2015 | 03:15 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Wow, that looks so good! Any pics of the interior? I'm still waiting to see if my dealer gets 1 more allocation in December
Old 10-09-2015 | 05:18 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Oh that reminds me.

At this point I can add a column for any option people are interested in. I think I captured the most significant ones already.

However there may be others that people will want to see. Wing supports? Seat Belts? Stereo options?

So if you have an opinion on that, post it here.
Old 10-09-2015 | 05:22 PM
Jon H
Racer

My VIN is 197795, I am expecting delivery in 10 - 15 days.

How for into the production run is my car based on your research?

Thanks for all your work!
Old 10-09-2015 | 05:28 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jon H
My VIN is 197795, I am expecting delivery in 10 - 15 days.

How for into the production run is my car based on your research?

Thanks for all your work!
Unfortunately I don't know anything about production timelines other than when a VIN has been issued and the production month. I can tell you that your car is a September production month. But frankly I don't know what that means exactly.
Old 10-10-2015 | 01:39 AM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Wow, awesome and I usually am not a fan of silver. Sorry about being a bit off topic, but ochocoronas deserves the compliment!!!!

Quick Reply: GT4 Database