Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 03:13 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,141 Likes on 676 Posts

^^ Enjoy! Posts pics and feedback as you go, cheers
Old 07-30-2023, 04:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by bobert75
Don't get him started again. ED is bad if you aren't able to get it (even though you've done it many times before).
No, it’s bad customer service and bad for the brand.

Yes I did 4 last year, first one was fine like other ED’s before, second one was a mess, third one I had to send someone with a trailer to get it because impossible date (one date, take it or leave it) and the fourth one was cancelled altogether.

The replies and and customer treatment don’t befit the brand and is now counter productive until the program is improved.

Visited the factory this week with friends and I look forward to my new car but I miss a functioning ED program from Porsche.

Boarding now in FRA back home after renting a GT4RS while
My own GT4RS sits at home…
Old 08-01-2023, 01:20 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Save some ED for the rest of us....
Old 08-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 831 Likes on 414 Posts

Question for anyone that's stayed at the Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin Hotel in Stuttgart. How is the ramp to the garage. I'm picking up a 911 GTS and am curious if anyone had issues scraping getting into the garage with lower 911s (GTS, GT3, etc.). I can't find any photos of the garage entrance and it made me wonder how the ramps are since I'll be staying a couple of nights. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2023, 09:24 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
Question for anyone that's stayed at the Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin Hotel in Stuttgart. How is the ramp to the garage. I'm picking up a 911 GTS and am curious if anyone had issues scraping getting into the garage with lower 911s (GTS, GT3, etc.). I can't find any photos of the garage entrance and it made me wonder how the ramps are since I'll be staying a couple of nights. Thanks!
It was fine, but since it was my first drive in the car I used the front axle lift, so put an asterisk on ‘fine.’ If I’m remembering correctly, it would have been okay without.
The following 2 users liked this post by mathfuzzy:
Ikone (08-02-2023), wdr911 (08-06-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 08:27 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Thought Id try here for a little advice before I started a new thread. Will be in Baden Baden shortly for board retreat. Have 4 or so days on own and was thinking Stuttgart since its so close. Other than auto museams/factories, does the city hold any particular tourism charm? Or is it really a 1-2 day max stay?
thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:53 PM
ddas1992
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
Thought Id try here for a little advice before I started a new thread. Will be in Baden Baden shortly for board retreat. Have 4 or so days on own and was thinking Stuttgart since its so close. Other than auto museams/factories, does the city hold any particular tourism charm? Or is it really a 1-2 day max stay?
thanks in advance.
Recently returned from a euro delivery trip and spent time both at Stuttgart and Baden-Baden. Stuttgart has its own charm but it’s definitely not a 4-day city- at most 2 days I think unless you really want to geek out on the museums. There are several really pretty but small towns along B-500 in the Black Forest that you could check out, including, Triberg, the home to the famed cuckoo clock - but they’re are mostly half day or at most 1 day stops. Another place that was on my radar and was highly recommended (but we could not visit due to a tight schedule) is Heidelberg! Hope this helps.

Last edited by ddas1992; 08-02-2023 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:57 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
thanks in advance.
Baden Baden is supposedly known for its spas, so if you're into that sort of thing, it's probably worth checking out. Freiberg was very charming and you may want to consider driving the Alpine Road across Bavaria. Oberjoch Pass has around 95 switchbacks.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:03 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 418 Posts

Done it with a few cars including a couple of GT3RS, no issues and a nice a garage with "comfortable" spaces.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:25 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by signes
Done it with a few cars including a couple of GT3RS, no issues and a nice a garage with "comfortable" spaces.
Sweet. Thank you! I'm booking an extra night since I'll be picking up the car on a Monday and the museum is closed. So will probably do some driving that day and check out the museum the next day. Can't wait, since I'm a cigar smoker and they have the Davidoff lounge there.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:36 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Sweet. Thank you! I'm booking an extra night since I'll be picking up the car on a Monday and the museum is closed. So will probably do some driving that day and check out the museum the next day. Can't wait, since I'm a cigar smoker and they have the Davidoff lounge there.
I have also parked there a few different times now (992 Carrera S and 992T) The ramp has ZERO issue with height, but I will say that it is a circular entrance ramp, so just go slow because the walls are a little narrow. ALSO Be sure to walk up to the Front desk FIRST before pulling the car down. they can give you a reusable ticket to get into the even more secure/protected Hotel section of the garage which has its own security gate... If you go to the front desk they can give you access to that area as well as give you the proper ticket that you can use for unlimited in/out access throughout your stay.
As far as driving In Stuttgart, get out of the city as quickly as you can. There was a decent amount of construction going on by the rail station still when I was there in June... And the city just isn't much to look at. You can me in the countryside within about 20-25 minutes and find some beautiful open farmland (No Speed limit back roads) if you just head out of downtown.
The following users liked this post:
Ikone (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 11:48 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by toph4242
I have also parked there a few different times now (992 Carrera S and 992T) The ramp has ZERO issue with height, but I will say that it is a circular entrance ramp, so just go slow because the walls are a little narrow. ALSO Be sure to walk up to the Front desk FIRST before pulling the car down. they can give you a reusable ticket to get into the even more secure/protected Hotel section of the garage which has its own security gate... If you go to the front desk they can give you access to that area as well as give you the proper ticket that you can use for unlimited in/out access throughout your stay.
As far as driving In Stuttgart, get out of the city as quickly as you can. There was a decent amount of construction going on by the rail station still when I was there in June... And the city just isn't much to look at. You can me in the countryside within about 20-25 minutes and find some beautiful open farmland (No Speed limit back roads) if you just head out of downtown.

Thanks so much for this info. And thanks to everyone else that responded. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. Appreciate it.
toph4242 (08-10-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 01:28 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 776 Likes on 354 Posts

I know this will probably be relevant to many people in the future - I was just approved and received an e-ID from the LBA so I can legally operate drones in Europe. The process was painless. I used Skywatch.ai for my insurance as they stated they cover their customer worldwide. Cost was around $64 for a month, including a $1000 cover for the drone itself.

On a different note - I am considering taking a second night in the Porsche hotel, what do you guys think? I was told my ED experience will be between 12:30pm and 6:00pm, so I will probably be very tired to drive that day.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:38 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lucifer
I know this will probably be relevant to many people in the future - I was just approved and received an e-ID from the LBA so I can legally operate drones in Europe. The process was painless. I used Skywatch.ai for my insurance as they stated they cover their customer worldwide. Cost was around $64 for a month, including a $1000 cover for the drone itself.

On a different note - I am considering taking a second night in the Porsche hotel, what do you guys think? I was told my ED experience will be between 12:30pm and 6:00pm, so I will probably be very tired to drive that day.
It is a long day doing delivery, but there is absolutely no way I was headed back to the local hotel. We hit the roads! Baden Baden is only 1.75-2hrs away from Zuffenhausen.
Dubber (08-21-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 02:57 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 776 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
It is a long day doing delivery, but there is absolutely no way I was headed back to the local hotel. We hit the roads! Baden Baden is only 1.75-2hrs away from Zuffenhausen.
Leipzig is 7 hours from the Alps :P

Quick Reply: 9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche