Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 09:47 PM
AleSciacqua
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wanted to close the loop and provide an update here, given the help and feedback you all gave me was extremely helpful.

I contacted Joey asking if I could be added to a cancellation list for ED. He was super responsive and very helpful. He said that all ED dates for 2023 are taken but that he was willing to put me on a waiting list for December, hoping that Porsche would release more dates by the beginning of July. Once I looped back in the SA and Manager of Gaudin Porsche dealership here in Vegas, the Sales manager Rico was an absolute lifesaver as he was able to work with Joey to find a better solution for me.

They were able to trade an ED allocation for October with a dealership in Canada and swapped that for my order with a new 2024 allocation.

We were able to do this swap and I am now fully locked in for ED in Stuttgart on Oct 19 and my Targa 4 GTS is just entering production.

Thank you all for the help on this! I am beyond excited to be able to go pick up the car there and drive down to Italy. Def going to post pictures
The following 2 users liked this post by AleSciacqua:
Dubber (07-11-2023), toph4242 (07-08-2023)
Old 07-08-2023, 03:41 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by AleSciacqua
Just wanted to close the loop and provide an update here, given the help and feedback you all gave me was extremely helpful.

I contacted Joey asking if I could be added to a cancellation list for ED. He was super responsive and very helpful. He said that all ED dates for 2023 are taken but that he was willing to put me on a waiting list for December, hoping that Porsche would release more dates by the beginning of July. Once I looped back in the SA and Manager of Gaudin Porsche dealership here in Vegas, the Sales manager Rico was an absolute lifesaver as he was able to work with Joey to find a better solution for me.

They were able to trade an ED allocation for October with a dealership in Canada and swapped that for my order with a new 2024 allocation.

We were able to do this swap and I am now fully locked in for ED in Stuttgart on Oct 19 and my Targa 4 GTS is just entering production.

Thank you all for the help on this! I am beyond excited to be able to go pick up the car there and drive down to Italy. Def going to post pictures
Congrats... ED is all about taking things into your own hands. Dealers tend not to be super proactive to get the ball rolling, but if you show interest and start the process, they usually will help you figure out a way to make it work if they can... Obviously not always the case, but really glad to hear this worked out for you. The experience is unforgettable, and makes the process so much more special. I HIGHLY Recommend that you drive to Leipzig too! That facility/test track is so cool and the driving experience on track there was a lot of fun. In a lot of ways I enjoyed the factory tour of Leipzig more... so if you have time to head north after Italy or can leave your car in Leipzig for shipping home, its cool to hit both factories on the trip!
Have a great time and best of luck with the process.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (07-11-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 12:49 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,256 Likes on 724 Posts

Awesome man, congrats! ED is the best. Glad it worked out. You def have to FIGHT for ED if you want it these days.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:06 AM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Received 724 Likes on 222 Posts

Hearing all these challenges getting ED certainly makes me appreciate my 2022 ED even more. Thankfully i didn't have to fight for it, but i did have to insist it was part of my purchase.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:24 PM
DrFive
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Worth it in January?

I have an allocation for a Carrera T, with the build being done in December. I have been very interested in European Delivery.

1) How accurate is the finish date? Are these getting delayed?

2) Is it worth it doing the ED in January or February? I am fine with either location for delivery. I just wanted to go through some beautiful drives in Germany, maybe Switzerland and Austria. I’m okay not driving the car to the limit on the autobahn.

3) Lastly, is it such a bad idea to do ED in January that I should give up my allocation?

I don’t snow ski.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:55 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 173 Posts

Weather is unpredictable in Jan and Feb. if it’s been a few days since a snow, you might have beautiful dry roads everywhere in Bavaria. If you get a snow while you are there, you may end up sitting a bit. They will put winter tires on your car. But it’s also possible-especially if you are flexible- that you could head north of Stuttgart and get good driving while south is blocked or vice versa. Either slip two months or be super flexible and happy to be on vacation whatever parts you get. If you’ve never been just the experience will be worth it even if it’s slushy roads and not a “driving” vacation.
DrFive (07-18-2023)
Old 07-17-2023, 11:21 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

Getting an ED date is hard. I didn't want to do February of this year but my car got delayed and that was the only date I could get after I had to cancel my original date. I did 16 days and didn't get any snow and got lots of sunshine. I would not pass on the opportunity at anytime of the year. That time of year it was easy to book hotels at the last minute and the prices were lower. I put almost 2000 miles on the car driving through Austria snd Switzerland. I also wouldn't give up an allocation.
DrFive (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 01:58 PM
DrFive
6th Gear

Default Is the winter worth it?

Originally Posted by orca15
Weather is unpredictable in Jan and Feb. if it’s been a few days since a snow, you might have beautiful dry roads everywhere in Bavaria. If you get a snow while you are there, you may end up sitting a bit. They will put winter tires on your car. But it’s also possible-especially if you are flexible- that you could head north of Stuttgart and get good driving while south is blocked or vice versa. Either slip two months or be super flexible and happy to be on vacation whatever parts you get. If you’ve never been just the experience will be worth it even if it’s slushy roads and not a “driving” vacation.
Thanks. Maybe I'll try making a few sets of plans and use the one with the best weather forecasted.

Originally Posted by tsjoel
Getting an ED date is hard. I didn't want to do February of this year but my car got delayed and that was the only date I could get after I had to cancel my original date. I did 16 days and didn't get any snow and got lots of sunshine. I would not pass on the opportunity at anytime of the year. That time of year it was easy to book hotels at the last minute and the prices were lower. I put almost 2000 miles on the car driving through Austria snd Switzerland. I also wouldn't give up an allocation.
Austria and Switzerland were going to be my choices as well. I think I'll keep the allocation. The car is supposed to be done in December. Can I have them hold it until April do you think?
Old 07-18-2023, 11:57 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 737 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by DrFive
Austria and Switzerland were going to be my choices as well. I think I'll keep the allocation. The car is supposed to be done in December. Can I have them hold it until April do you think?
If you're able to get an April date for Leipzig pickup they'll hold it that long (4 months) - mine is being held at Leipzig for over 5 months. My car was built in March & I tried to get a July date but August was the earliest I could get (lucky to get anything of course). If you want Zuffenhausen pickup they'll only hold the car for up to 8 weeks at that location.
The following 2 users liked this post by bobert75:
DrFive (07-20-2023), Mate (10-16-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 12:07 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

I’m out until the program is replaced / repaired.

It should be called the European Discouragement program..
Old 07-20-2023, 04:29 PM
DrFive
6th Gear

Why? What happened? Is it bad now?
Old 07-20-2023, 05:56 PM
carmine911
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

My GTS Cab finished in June and I pick up in Stuttgart on Oct 6th. Waiting is the hard part...
Old 07-20-2023, 08:00 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 737 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by DrFive
Why? What happened? Is it bad now?
Don't get him started again. ED is bad if you aren't able to get it (even though you've done it many times before).
DrFive (07-27-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 11:09 AM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Received 724 Likes on 222 Posts

I've only done it once (last summer) but it was amazing for me!
Old 07-29-2023, 11:10 AM
AleSciacqua
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Finished production, now waiting for October 19

Thank you all again for the comments, advices and feedback.

My new 24 Targa 4GTS exit production on July 25 (picture below) and it's now waiting for me to pick it up at Zuffenhausen on October 19 at 8am

I plan on driving it down to Italy and dropping it off in Leipzig a week later, hoping I'll be able to do the factory and track experience (right now they're showing fully booked but reached out to be added to the wait list)

Dubber (07-31-2023)

Quick Reply: 9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche