Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022 | 10:36 AM
stegli987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Targa32
I understand Porsche provides insurance to cover the value of your car when driving around Europe but what about liability insurance? My State Farm agent tells me my liability coverage for my policy does not apply in Europe. Did Porsche offer an additional liability policy like Hertz or Other car rental companies offer at the time of rental?
This is from my ED Welcome email explaining the process.

"The vehicle is registered and insured in the vehicle owner’s name, however while in Europe it can be driven by anyone holding a valid driver’s license. You must submit a passport and driver's license copy for any guests who plans to drive the vehicle. The insurance is provided through AXA Insurance, and covers the vehicle up to a total loss, including theft and vandalism, less a 1,000€ deductible. The policy also includes upwards of 100 million Euro in Third Party Liability coverage."

So liability insurance is included.

Cheers

Last edited by stegli987; 06-09-2022 at 10:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jjaisli (06-09-2022)
Old 06-15-2022 | 02:32 AM
davidchai21
2nd Gear

hi,

I am new here, and I am considering buying a Porsche recently. Here are my two questions:
* do you guys buy Porsche with markup, or on MSRP, or even with discount these days?
* Is ED open? If so, how can I book one please?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2022 | 02:15 PM
jjker
Instructor

That pricing question is one that seems to vary by region and country. I live in Canada near Ottawa and I bought a new CGTS 4.0 at a 2% discount off MSRP on August 4, 2021, with no admin fees or any of the extra crap they try to add on. I later decided that I wanted to do the Euro Delivery, which costs the dealer money, for some reason, and the dealer agreed to it but kindly asked for his discount back. So, I ended up agreeing to a deal at MSRP that includes ED. In fact, we leave Sunday and pick the car up in Stuttgart on June 23rd. We are pretty pumped about that!

I see on here regularly that dealers are asking for sometimes as much as $20000 ADM, which I would just never pay. This is on top of the already healthy margins they make... We could argue this all day, regarding supply & demand, etc. You do you; I'll do me.

Regarding actually booking the ED, it was super easy. Just tick the box on the configurator and it becomes part of your Porsche code. Porsche has an ED Department that helps you arrange your trip and even has a few suggested routes or themes. As far as I know (there may be extras that I don't know about yet?), ED includes one night stay in a choice of a few hotels, a couple of taxi chits, factory delivery, a factory tour, lunch, self guided tour of the museum, a full tank of gas, license plates and insurance for up to 16 days. Extra insurance is available for extra cost. We are going for 16 days, but only have the car for 13.

At the end of your trip, you bring the car back to their shipping location in Sindlefingen (very close to Stuttgart) and drop it off. If you do not end back where you started, you can drop it off at several other places around Europe for additional fees.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
The following 2 users liked this post by jjker:
davidchai21 (06-15-2022), Dubber (06-21-2022)
Old 06-15-2022 | 02:39 PM
davidchai21
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jjker
I live in Canada near Ottawa and I bought a new CGTS 4.0 at a 2% discount off MSRP on August 4, 2021, with no admin fees or any of the extra crap they try to add on.
Thank you jjker@ for the details! I live in US and the market seems to be crazy as it was. I have made couple of quotes and the dealers always say "MSRP is for reference and we sell at a different price...". Feels like Canada dealers are not so greedy though. I am looking for buying a Porsche with no additional fees, same reason - MSRP is decent enough.

A local dealer even told me that they don't do ED now because of Covid, I am heavily doubting that. Just got the reply from Porsche US headquarter that all my local dealers have some ED active costomers. Sigh

BTW, GTS 4.0 is also my choice
Old 06-15-2022 | 03:20 PM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

FYI - Just left my Dealer where I paid for my GT3 and picking it up July at Zuffhausen - Have Hotel/Taxi/Tour/Lunch documents provided from Porsche ED - So the dealers that are telling you there is no ED are incorrect. Hope this Helps
Old 06-15-2022 | 03:47 PM
jjker
Instructor

It is on the configurator, and as mentioned, I leave Sunday. It is indeed a thing.

Dealers don't like it because it costs them money.
Old 06-15-2022 | 11:01 PM
woobiee
Pro

Another ED here. Currently planning now for a late Aug collection. MSRP on the east coast US.

It is true, ED costs the dealer money, last I heard it was about $3-3.5k USD. However in return, they receive an additional allocation. In this climate, that additional allocation is worth plenty more than the $3-3.5k.
Old 06-17-2022 | 07:18 PM
JAMilford
Racer

I leave on Thursday (23 June) to go to Zuffenhausen and pick up my GT3T on 28 June (spending a few days in Paris before taking the train to Stuttgart to get the car). Porsche is paying for 1 night at the Steigenberger and my welcome kit included 2 taxi vouchers. The schedule includes a factory tour, museum time and a orientation with the car in addition to lunch in the executive dining room. This is all standard accommodation (they have returned to pre-Covid accommodations) and is available to anyone who has an allocation that supports European Delivery.
Old 06-17-2022 | 07:27 PM
String33
Instructor

Originally Posted by JAMilford
I leave on Thursday (23 June) to go to Zuffenhausen and pick up my GT3T on 28 June (spending a few days in Paris before taking the train to Stuttgart to get the car). Porsche is paying for 1 night at the Steigenberger and my welcome kit included 2 taxi vouchers. The schedule includes a factory tour, museum time and a orientation with the car in addition to lunch in the executive dining room. This is all standard accommodation (they have returned to pre-Covid accommodations) and is available to anyone who has an allocation that supports European Delivery.
lunch isn’t in an executive dining room. It’s in a dining room with other ED people. I was excited to eat with Porsche employees, but nope. I’d forego the included lunch and eat across the street at the Boxenstop at the museum or if you want to splurge at Christophorus at the museum. Just my $.02. Have fun and enjoy your trip!
Old 06-17-2022 | 07:58 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by JAMilford
Enjoy!

We are one week apart. We'll be in Stuttgart Mon Jul 4 and Tue July 5 doing the museums and finally taking delivery the next day. Maybe we can meet up if you still happen to be in the area. After our delivery we are driving to the Jungfrau region and the mountain passess and some golf for a week and a half.

Last edited by touringGT3; 06-17-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2022 | 08:55 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by touringGT3
Enjoy!

We are one week apart. We'll be in Stuttgart Mon Jul 4 and Tue July 5 doing the museums and finally taking delivery the next day. Maybe we can meet up if you still happen to be in the area. After our delivery we are driving to the Jungfrau region and the mountain passess and some golf for a week and a half.
Timing might just be a tiny bit off. We are dropping off our GT3T on the 6th - likely around 11 AM in Sindelfingen. After we drop the car off we plan to walk to the Boblingen train station (about 1.8 KM) and halfway between is the Motorworld museum. Will likely spend a couple hours at Motorworld before taking the train into Stuttgart to catch the connecting train to Frankfurt.
Old 06-20-2022 | 09:33 PM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Do you have any concerns about dropping off you GT3T at Sindelfingen ? I was planning on going all the way to Leipzig to drop my GT3 off at the factory.
Old 06-21-2022 | 02:53 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

For those who have recently received an allocation, what's the process for doing Euro Delivery? The reason I ask is because I asked my Sales Rep about it and said 'we're' not doing Euro delivery because it is backed up (doing 1 per day) and with potential delays he doesn't know if they will still be producing my model (GT3) by the time Euro delivery is scheduled. Are these legit concerns or would there be a reason why a dealer would not want their customer to do Euro Delivery?
Old 06-21-2022 | 02:58 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
For those who have recently received an allocation, what's the process for doing Euro Delivery? The reason I ask is because I asked my Sales Rep about it and said 'we're' not doing Euro delivery because it is backed up (doing 1 per day) and with potential delays he doesn't know if they will still be producing my model (GT3) by the time Euro delivery is scheduled. Are these legit concerns or would there be a reason why a dealer would not want their customer to do Euro Delivery?
I just took delivery in Zuffenhausen. They do 4-5 per day per delivery person. Now, keep in mind this number is for the world. Each country I suspect has limited slots to choose from.

Sounds like your dealer maybe doesn't want to provide the option.

An example of timeline, mydate was requested back in Feb and confirmed IIRC in late March of early April.
Old 06-21-2022 | 03:33 PM
stegli987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
There are definitely limited slots or fewer slots than before the supply chain issues. I was supposed to pick my car up in Leipzig at the end of June, but for whatever reason it was pushed to September 21st. I'm sure that the car could have been produced, but not delivered when and where I wanted it to be delivered. Likely the build spot was given to a customer who didn't want ED and picked the car up locally. I only assume this because my "order created" step disappeared from the app just before I was told I can't pick up the car in June. I'd say the reason your dealer "doesn't" do ED is because they want to deliver cars now and not deal with delays. After all it's a sales organization with goals to hit every month/quarter/year. So when things get pushed it gets pushed for everyone. Just a guess/theory.

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?