Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Yeah my Fanatec wheel glitched out again but I figured it out, I think, due to the beta firmware I was running. Hopefully thats the end of that. I wonder what happens just after Quali and before grid that makes it cut out very consistently.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:58 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
Sean and Jochen had a great race with both on track passes and a leapfrog at the pitstops. I like the mandatory pitstop format. It also helps those who crash stay competitive, because they get a new car if they want and everyone has to go through the pit at some point. Tom must have had a problem that prevented him from gridding.

One more race in the lotus and then we change it up. Lets do something easy to setup for the next one.
amen brother! any thoughts on what's next? and I agree, the longer races with pit stops required makes things more interesting.

I stuffed it on lap 1, as usual, so said the hell with this.

on the plus side, I finally got my irating to 2k. yay me!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Maybe do a spec car (fixed setup), so setup? We just drive like the MX5, Solstice or similar?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

The problem with the mx-5 and solstice is those non-aero cars are horrendous now with the NTM (though I guess it isn't much of a "new" model any longer). It would also be fun to run on a shorter track so we stay somewhat together after the first 5 laps.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Really? I like the MX5 with the NTM but have not driven the solstice since. We never did the Skip Barber and some of the guys said that was an easy car to drive, would that be better?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean and Jochen had a great race with both on track passes and a leapfrog at the pitstops. I like the mandatory pitstop format. It also helps those who crash stay competitive, because they get a new car if they want and everyone has to go through the pit at some point. Tom must have had a problem that prevented him from gridding.

One more race in the lotus and then we change it up. Lets do something easy to setup for the next one.
Did I hear someone say Skippy

The race last night was a lot of fun. Jochen and I played a lot of follow the leader and see who over cooks a corner first

I do like the mandatory pit stop. I nudged the wall mid-way through and started loosing ground on Jochen so decided to pit and 2 laps later came flying up on Jochen on cold tires leaving the pits and the race was on. my problem came sliding the car around trying to get around Jochen and I used up the rears and forgot I could dial in more brake bias until the last lap.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

The skippy is the car I like the least because the rear end is constantly coming around. I find it exceptionally hard to drive. My favourites of the slow cars are the Mustang and Miata. If we do one of those, open setups are easy. We could do a real race car with fixed setups from one of the series that has an abundance of setups.

Next week is it classic boot or chicane?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

The skippy is the car I like the least because the rear end is constantly coming around. I find it exceptionally hard to drive. My favourites of the slow cars are the Mustang and Miata. If we do one of those, open setups are easy. We could do a real race car with fixed setups from one of the series that has an abundance of setups.

Next week is it classic boot or chicane?
Sweet then I vote skippy. Maybe I can actually catch up to you while your spinning

No chicane, No boot. Short course and see if we can keep the racing action closer. Thats my vote anyways.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Watkins Glen will be classic boot (no chicane/bus stop), that's what they ran in F1 back in the 70's.

I might skip the race and just hang out in The Bog
Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 PM
yokenmeister
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy Rev
Did I hear someone say Skippy

The race last night was a lot of fun. Jochen and I played a lot of follow the leader and see who over cooks a corner first

I do like the mandatory pit stop. I nudged the wall mid-way through and started loosing ground on Jochen so decided to pit and 2 laps later came flying up on Jochen on cold tires leaving the pits and the race was on. my problem came sliding the car around trying to get around Jochen and I used up the rears and forgot I could dial in more brake bias until the last lap.
Yep, Sean and i had a good fun battle yesterday. laptimes were close and that made it interesting.

i'll be out next week. taking my son (for his 4th birthday) to 'Carsland' at Disneyland. will be watching Mcqueen and Mater practicing their racing lines : )

you guys have fun at Watkins!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Anyone want to practice tonight? If I don't have enough interest, I'll pass on it to go and edit 1000 pictures I took this weekend and mix some data acq onto racing videos.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

I'm out. I fell like hell tonight, the product of my wife giving birth to 2 disease sponges. Yeah back to school....
Old 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

just set up the session....see you guys at 4:40!

we will likely be joined by a few "special guests" this afternoon!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

sweet. but 4:40 is long gone here
Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Indy Rev
sweet. but 4:40 is long gone here
smarty pants