Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 AM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
The iRacing scruits disqualified two of us for unknown reasons after the race. The garage still said I passed.
I spoke to a developer. We are working on a fix for this. It appears the Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) system is flagging something and causing the DQs
Old 12-09-2016, 11:28 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 175 Posts

So sbelles does cheat! Vindication for all you SPB guys who have been saying so for years!
Old 12-09-2016, 11:31 AM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
So sbelles does cheat! Vindication for all you SPB guys who have been saying so for years!
LOL

Just to be clear, we believe the issue is with the cheat detection software, not the drivers.

If we find you are cheating you will just disappear one day
Old 12-09-2016, 12:29 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin135
Typically a disqualification at the end of the race is for not serving a black flag penalty - course cutting, meatball, etc. We don't send the car through virtual tech after the race. If the setup passed tech at the beginning and you got into the race it is not a setup issue.

Both cars show off-tracks and/or contact so damage was likely. Remember, if you get a meatball flag you must pit for repairs, even if you feel like you can still drive the car.
Yep, I hit a wall but I pitted for repairs and was then let back out so I assume the car was OK at that point.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:37 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
My squirrel will pass a drug test any day. I think some of those guys have two squirrels in theirs.

So where are we next week? I'm a slow learner so I need to turn a few laps before the race on tracks I haven't driven in a long time.

Last edited by sbelles; 12-09-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:33 AM
Mikko Nässi
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skru_fase
Hey guys, I'm looking to build a sim this winter for iRacing. I was planning on getting the Trustmaster T300RS and a Playseat Evolution. I had considered a Logitech G27 or G29, but the Thrustmaster seems to get better reviews on FFB.

Comments are greatly appreciated.
Please no on the Playseat Evolution. A driver I coach has one and I did some laps on it just last weekend - it's horrible. Insane amounts of flex on the pedal mount, and the steering wobbles around as well (has a Fanatec on it).

I've heard good things about the T300RS vs. the other choices in that budget range but haven't tried one myself.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:35 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikko Nässi
Please no on the Playseat Evolution. A driver I coach has one and I did some laps on it just last weekend - it's horrible. Insane amounts of flex on the pedal mount, and the steering wobbles around as well (has a Fanatec on it).

I've heard good things about the T300RS vs. the other choices in that budget range but haven't tried one myself.
I have a playseat, I drilled holes through the wheel and pedal mount plates. My wheel is bolted directly do the mount and has no wobble or flex. For the pedals I bolted a piece of 3/4" plywood to the seat's pedal mount, then bolted the pedals to the piece of wood. The pedal mount still flexes when you're hard on the brakes, but it's manageable. I thought about putting something under the furthest edge of the mount to reduce flex, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do something about it.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:50 AM
pmason
Burning Brakes

I"m waiting to see Jim's new rig that is a mocked up Cayman if I understand it correctly. I made my own by welding up a lot of 1in square tubing. I want to come up with some better isolation as I also have Simvibe in the chassis configuration.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:25 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikko Nässi

What would you suggest I look at as an alternative?

Also I've heard the pedals that come with the T300RS are pretty poor (and lack a clutch). The TP3A Pro's get good reviews, as do the Fanatec Clubsport V2's (although I think they run more $$). Any thoughts on pedals?.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:26 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
I have a playseat, I drilled holes through the wheel and pedal mount plates. My wheel is bolted directly do the mount and has no wobble or flex. For the pedals I bolted a piece of 3/4" plywood to the seat's pedal mount, then bolted the pedals to the piece of wood. The pedal mount still flexes when you're hard on the brakes, but it's manageable. I thought about putting something under the furthest edge of the mount to reduce flex, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do something about it.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:16 AM
duglas63
Track Day

I am at the end of a 80/20 rig build, just a few more tweaks and I will post some pictures up. I just got a new Fanatec Club Sport Wheel mounted tonight. Coming from a G27 wheel its way different feeling having the larger diameter wheel.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:02 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Wednesday night race is Road Atlanta. Hopefully we see another increase in turnout like last week.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:15 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Woo!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:29 PM
George_B
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The Guinness Car

Don't know if i'm remembered at all (back Marker) But I just bought the rift and if I can figure out how to get the thing set up so I don't end up on the floor board or in the back seat i'd like join you guys again.

George
Old 12-14-2016, 06:44 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by George_B
Don't know if i'm remembered at all (back Marker) But I just bought the rift and if I can figure out how to get the thing set up so I don't end up on the floor board or in the back seat i'd like join you guys again.

George
First off, make sure to map a key to "recenter HMD" - I think by default it's the semi-colon ";". Sit square in your seat looking forward (in real life) while in the car, then hit the recenter button. That *should* get you close.

If that's not good enough and you want to adjust it more...

Start the sim, and get into the car. Hit the "recenter HMD" button. Then sit there for a few seconds (5-10ish) while on pit lane.

Then get OUT of the car. Go to the replay, and fast-forward to the part where you were sitting in the car, and then PAUSE the replay.

Select the cockpit camera, then hit CTRL-F12. That will bring up the camera editor.

At the top of the camera editor menu, are X/Y/Z coordinates you can adjust - that will move the camera position. Find a position you like and then make sure you hit "Save Car". It should remember/reuse that going forward.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread