Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Any practice sessions going on tonight? I need practice.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:09 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

I did some testing last night, but got bored driving around by myself in a test session. There were a few VERY long trips through the grass. I have a pretty sweet setup that I'll share whenever we do another session. It might not be crazy fast, but I can rotate it under control unless I get greedy.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Burkey and Sean IndyRev will be there to give me a nice set-up? I can't drive yours Justin

It has snap oversteer like crazy!!!

c.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:52 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like I'll be hosting when I get home from my soccer game at 10 or so... I'll post up when I do.

In other news, interesting to see NJMP in the Jalopnik Z28 article:http://jalopnik.com/2014-chevrolet-c...iew-1660280914
Old 11-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
Does Burkey and Sean IndyRev will be there to give me a nice set-up? I can't drive yours Justin

It has snap oversteer like crazy!!!

c.
Charles I can't drive Justin's either, rear end is too loose for me, I plan on getting some setup time in tonight, I will post tomorrow night.

Burkey
Old 11-25-2014, 09:47 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

If Tony's on tonight, he usually likes a tight setup... Borrow one of his.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

The iracing track record in this car is in the 1:44s. That's faster then the real life RSR record.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Burkey
Charles I can't drive Justin's either, rear end is too loose for me, I plan on getting some setup time in tonight, I will post tomorrow night.

Burkey
Yep... I don't know how Justin (alien) can drive his car... I drove last race with your set-up, but I ended up burning the front tires at the end of the race.

I don't know about Sean's set-up if I would end up with the same situation because I had never finished a race before...

I can't drive Tony's set-up too, as they are too understeery for me...

Really, Alan and Sean work on the set-ups are perfect for me. If only I could have that same kind of set-up for the BMW Z4, I'd be happy! I'm a much better driver with that car than with the GT3R. I fit in the car more naturally.

Looking forward tonight.

c.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:34 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
The iracing track record in this car is in the 1:44s. That's faster then the real life RSR record.
My personal best in the RUF Track is a 1:45.something. I'm pretty sure that was set last year though, a few physics updates ago. I've noticed that I can't get near my old previous records anymore on the current build.

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
Yep... I don't know how Justin (alien) can drive his car... I drove last race with your set-up, but I ended up burning the front tires at the end of the race.

I don't know about Sean's set-up if I would end up with the same situation because I had never finished a race before...

I can't drive Tony's set-up too, as they are too understeery for me...

Really, Alan and Sean work on the set-ups are perfect for me. If only I could have that same kind of set-up for the BMW Z4, I'd be happy! I'm a much better driver with that car than with the GT3R. I fit in the car more naturally.

Looking forward tonight.

c.
I used to love Justin's sets but lately I can't drive them either. I'm running my Mosport setup, which is a bastardized version of someone's (can't remember who) Watkins setup, but with more rear wing, and I adjust tire pressures for each round to keep them even at 29 psi. It understeers, which I don't like (it was REALLY bad at Mid Ohio) but at least it's consistent and predictable. I'm really struggling to get a good setup this season.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:36 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Not sure if I'm going to make it tonight. Stinks, I'm decent at VIR, was looking forward to it. Family tradition has me at the downtown Chicago German Christmas market for bier and wiener schnitzel with the wife, son, and a bunch of PCA peeps. If I get out of there early enough to get home, I'll be on.... otherwise, see everybody Sunday.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:41 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Another question - anybody here running a Fanatec "CSW" wheel?

I'm happy with my Logitech G27 but (1) kinda want to upgrade and (2) my son wants a 3-pedal setup. I'm tempted to buy a new Fanatec CSW "V2" wheel for myself, then move my old G27 setup to my son's cockpit (he's currently using my old Logitech DFP wheel).

I found a place that has the CSW V2 wheel in stock, but it's pricey ($730 - $+130 over retail, price to pay for not having to wait until April to get one direct from Fanatec) PLUS I'd have to order a steering wheel for it (+$400). I can't decide if it's really *worth* the upgrade or not.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Anthony Nguyen
Advanced

Are you talking about the "CSR" wheel? IMO, the CSR wheel feels very similar to the G27. It does have more options within the wheel to fine tune your settings such as dead zone, FF, sensitivity, ect. I also notice that I am able to correct oversteer much more easily with the CSR than the G27. Not quite sure if that is a setting that is causing that or the wheel itself.

If you're talking about the Club Sport, that one is pretty awesome. Very solid feeling (depending how stable you rig is). IMO the big improvment by switching to fanatec is if you buy the ClubSport V2 pedals. Brakes feel very realisitc. Also very expensive...
Old 11-26-2014, 12:14 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

^^^^ I'm running all ClubSport stuff... I think that's what Jim was talking about.

I love it. Well worth the money- now all I need is to upgrade to the newest aluminum shifter that they sell. My flimsy plastic Fanatec one from my GT2 wheel sucks.

Sorry I was unable to host last night guys, played my first soccer game in 6 months and I naturally felt like **** afterwards.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:17 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Anthony Nguyen
Are you talking about the "CSR" wheel? IMO, the CSR wheel feels very similar to the G27. It does have more options within the wheel to fine tune your settings such as dead zone, FF, sensitivity, ect. I also notice that I am able to correct oversteer much more easily with the CSR than the G27. Not quite sure if that is a setting that is causing that or the wheel itself.

If you're talking about the Club Sport, that one is pretty awesome. Very solid feeling (depending how stable you rig is). IMO the big improvment by switching to fanatec is if you buy the ClubSport V2 pedals. Brakes feel very realisitc. Also very expensive...
No - definitely talking about the CSW (aka "Club Sport")...

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-b...ase-v2-us.html

I have my own home-built pedals, utilizing a master cylinder out of an old International Scout (connected to a Ford Powerstroke ICP sensor, wired to a Plasma-Lite USB board) for pressure sensitive brakes, plus a drive-by-wire throttle pedal out of an International 4700 truck.

So the only thing out of my G27 setup that really gets any use is the wheel itself. Pedals are still in the box, unused, and while I have the G27 shifter mounted (specifically for the buttons) once I bought a separate flight stick joystick, I re-mapped all the buttons and no longer use it, either. I have a standalone TSW shifter so I don't need the G27 shifter at all. I'd wind up giving it all to my son.

But $1,100 is a tough nut to swallow to upgrade the wheel (as I want the 918 wheel to go with it)..... I *really* want to declare a credit card emergency and do it... but can't quite get to that point. All of the YouTube reviews I've seen have said pretty much "It's a great wheel, it's better than the $300 units, but still really considered a "consumer" product. It doesn't really compare to the "professional" wheels like the ECCI 7000, SimWheel, etc."

At $1,100 for a friggin wheel, IMO, the thing should be pretty spectacular.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:18 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by baddogz28
^^^^ I'm running all ClubSport stuff... I think that's what Jim was talking about.

I love it. Well worth the money- now all I need is to upgrade to the newest aluminum shifter that they sell. My flimsy plastic Fanatec one from my GT2 wheel sucks.

Sorry I was unable to host last night guys, played my first soccer game in 6 months and I naturally felt like **** afterwards.
Ok so you have the CSW v1?

What wheel did you have before it?

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread