Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014 | 11:38 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Great race everyone, very nice that we got through turn one and two in one piece

Stephane and Myself had a very nice battle in the last 10 laps up until the very end, we're guessing most of the video will be on us
Old 12-03-2014 | 11:43 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Yeah, you guys looked like you were really close. Jim and I never were more than 2.5s apart for the whole race after qualifying only .05 apart. We each made minor errors, but none that cost more than a couple tenths in any sector. Here are the season standings. Congrats Tony! Well run races. We'll get back at it again next season. With the drop week factored in, it was very close between me and Jim.

http://www.danlisa.com/scoring/seaso...season_id=3786
Old 12-03-2014 | 11:46 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Sorry I missed it guys, I have a cisco exam Friday and studying has taken over! I'll be back soon to bring up the back of the pack!
Old 12-03-2014 | 11:54 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

I don't really care for that track, my crash was self inflicted.
Just reviewing the season points the one thing that was interesting, Burkey had only 1 incident the whole season, pretty impressive.
Old 12-04-2014 | 12:05 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Noticed I had drop weeks misconfigured. Should be fixed now.
Old 12-04-2014 | 10:07 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sysgen
Great race everyone, very nice that we got through turn one and two in one piece

Stephane and Myself had a very nice battle in the last 10 laps up until the very end, we're guessing most of the video will be on us
It wasn't the first turn but I did give Chris a bump at one point. I don't think it hurt but sorry about that Chris.
Old 12-04-2014 | 10:12 AM
Burkey
Racer

Originally Posted by pmason
I don't really care for that track, my crash was self inflicted.
Just reviewing the season points the one thing that was interesting, Burkey had only 1 incident the whole season, pretty impressive.
Okay which one of you guys hit me actually has a lot to do with the car set up, could make it looser would be faster but with the 911 I like the rear end planted.
Old 12-04-2014 | 10:29 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Sorry I missed it. Ive been out the last 2 weeks from a Taekwondo leg injury. I was hoping to hop on last night only to reinjure it last night sparing. I should be back next week.
Ill start setting up the Sunday practice sessions for next season.
Old 12-04-2014 | 11:29 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by Indy Rev
leg injury. I was hoping to hop on
We got a funny guy right here!

Old 12-04-2014 | 12:03 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
We got a funny guy right here!

Old 12-04-2014 | 12:36 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JustinL
Yeah, you guys looked like you were really close. Jim and I never were more than 2.5s apart for the whole race after qualifying only .05 apart. We each made minor errors, but none that cost more than a couple tenths in any sector. Here are the season standings. Congrats Tony! Well run races. We'll get back at it again next season. With the drop week factored in, it was very close between me and Jim.

http://www.danlisa.com/scoring/seaso...season_id=3786
And when you remove the drop weeks, I was only 1 point behind you for the season

Definitely a good race. I was faster through the chicane down the long front straight, but you were faster through the chicane in the back (before the hairpin). Otherwise we seemed pretty dang even. The few times I got close (~1.5s or so) I'd try to push hard through that front straight chicane (getting greedy) and would screw it up. Either blow the turn-in or hit the curb and screw my exit. By the end, my fronts were falling off, and getting aggressive only slowed me down. Figured it was best to stay conservative and finish vs. continue to push hard only to wreck it.

Great season though. A little bit of a rough start but a great finish.

Here's the video from last night:
Old 12-04-2014 | 01:04 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
It wasn't the first turn but I did give Chris a bump at one point. I don't think it hurt but sorry about that Chris.
It's all good Scott... Didn't do any damage. What did me in was when one of the Stephanes overbraked into the first RH kink, I had to lay on the brakes to not rear-end him and it trashed my rhythm... Bashed a wall in the second set of kinks. Wasn't thrilled but it happens.
Old 12-04-2014 | 01:11 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by baddogz28
It's all good Scott... Didn't do any damage. What did me in was when one of the Stephanes overbraked into the first RH kink, I had to lay on the brakes to not rear-end him and it trashed my rhythm... Bashed a wall in the second set of kinks. Wasn't thrilled but it happens.
Yeah, I saw that. I was glad to gain the position until I spun it off myself. I dialed in under steer on entry and some wicked snap over steer on exit.
Old 12-04-2014 | 01:14 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by baddogz28
I found the same thing when I was behind other cars. It seems like they brake way early and then you have to bail out of your corner to avoid crunching them. My strategy in Montreal is to hang back further than you think you need to and get a better run on the exit. You're never getting by with a late move on the entry to the chicanes, so the best chance it to line people up for decisive passes on the long straights.
Old 12-04-2014 | 01:36 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Video is broken, well for me it is. It works for a while but then goes berserk

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread