Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
That was honestly fun, even with my little rodeo there. Video of the rodeo forthcoming.
If it was up to me I'd do a whole series of L79 races, I love it!

I've sent an email to Neil on passing etiquette.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
a couple of times you caught me big time through the esses...so I assume I'm doing something wrong (?) through there. any hints?

and I saw the fast lap, like .03 faster than Bedros.... nice
Keep your foot in it through there, trust the downforce.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

To be clear, I am not trying to bag on Neil. But, the rodeo was rather impressive I think. How the hell did I manage to keep the car together to pass Ed again?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
Keep your foot in it through there, trust the downforce.
did you notice my line? I think the problem is not getting into the esses on the right line so I'm chasing the car between the curbs (and therefore having to see-saw on the gas). but I'm definitely giving up a chunk of time in there.

I'm also giving up some time in 2-3, getting off the gas and on the brakes up over that rise. that car gets really squirrely doing that. not often you have downforce and chassis flex in the same car

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
To be clear, I am not trying to bag on Neil. But, the rodeo was rather impressive I think. How the hell did I manage to keep the car together to pass Ed again?

nice maybe we can nickname Neil "Hiro"? (as in Hiro Matsu****a....joke for the old school CART guys)

someone ended up on top of the pit lane wall on the last lap...not sure who that was....
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't me...

Yeah, getting by Neil (twice) was pretty challenging. I slid off T1 and chased the field, catching Neil after a few laps then set my sites on Andrew. When I came up on him, he was battling to get by a lapped Neil and I took advantage at T7 to sneak by on his outside. Caught a draft on Neil and was setting him up for an inside pass on T10, when he came over (see video @ 1:03), so I juked right and took him on T10.

I couldn't tell if Neil had control problems or was just egregiously blocking, but both times I got by it was just a question of waiting for a mistake. I know this is just a fun series, racing with Rennlist buds, but if this had been an Official series race, I would have filed a protest on the blocking.

Still, fun times as always. And I agree, this car is a blast to drive.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
yokenmeister
Track Day

hey Ed,
....same issues here. i saw Neil take out Justin in front of me, so i was really careful on the passing. being already alongside him, he tried to outbreak me into the corner. happened twice and i had to go offroading. otherwise i would have an incident free race and cash in those free riding hours ad "Virtual Seatime" (wink to Chas : )))

i believe Neil didn't block on purpose, but he needs to learn to watch his relative positions to other cars, see the blue flag, stay on one line and not trying to challenge a car, which is lapping him. Maybe we try a lead follow in the next practice session with him, so he gets the feeling for it.

nevertheless, really fun race. my first time in the Lotus!!! we can definitely do more of that...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yokenmeister
hey Ed,
....same issues here. i saw Neil take out Justin in front of me, so i was really careful on the passing. being already alongside him, he tried to outbreak me into the corner. happened twice and i had to go offroading. otherwise i would have an incident free race and cash in those free riding hours ad "Virtual Seatime" (wink to Chas : )))

i believe Neil didn't block on purpose, but he needs to learn to watch his relative positions to other cars, see the blue flag, stay on one line and not trying to challenge a car, which is lapping him. Maybe we try a lead follow in the next practice session with him, so he gets the feeling for it.

nevertheless, really fun race. my first time in the Lotus!!! we can definitely do more of that...
Jochen you can have all the Seat Time swag you want

I agree with Neil, it's just a situational awareness issue, I talked with him last night so hopefully he'll be more mindful next time.

I agree, I love the L79, it's one of my favorite cars on iracing. i'ts a handful but in a good way. I'd love to do it again sometime, maybe at Silverstone or Spa?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 AM
yokenmeister
Track Day

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
Jochen you can have all the Seat Time swag you want

I agree with Neil, it's just a situational awareness issue, I talked with him last night so hopefully he'll be more mindful next time.

I agree, I love the L79, it's one of my favorite cars on iracing. i'ts a handful but in a good way. I'd love to do it again sometime, maybe at Silverstone or Spa?
hehe.. actually Bedros was running with 0 incidents. when he's coming over, i'll be there too.. so he can show us some tricks (other than vSync off

Spa sounds awesome in the Lotus... (btw: did i mention Zandvoort before

... also looking forward to the release of the Lotus 49...
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yokenmeister
hehe.. actually Bedros was running with 0 incidents. when he's coming over, i'll be there too.. so he can show us some tricks (other than vSync off

Spa sounds awesome in the Lotus... (btw: did i mention Zandvoort before

... also looking forward to the release of the Lotus 49...
Bedros lives in NY, I don't think he's gonna stop by any time soon

I'm looking forward to the L49 too.

as for Zandvoort....next week? any particular car? we did the Star Mazda there before.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

How about the 'Vette? I don't think that's been raced in a while, if ever...
Old 04-13-2012, 07:31 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
How about the 'Vette? I don't think that's been raced in a while, if ever...
C6R at Zandvoort?

scary.

I like it.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 170 Posts

How did you all make it out of the Rookie series? I've been doing the star mazda series at Lime Rock and I haven't had a clean race yet. Somebody is always chopping me, punting me from the rear or I have to go off course to avoid other idiots playing bumper cars. Sometimes there are people doing it intentionally. Do I just have to do time trials instead of races?
Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
How did you all make it out of the Rookie series? I've been doing the star mazda series at Lime Rock and I haven't had a clean race yet. Somebody is always chopping me, punting me from the rear or I have to go off course to avoid other idiots playing bumper cars. Sometimes there are people doing it intentionally. Do I just have to do time trials instead of races?
time trials is the easiest/quickest way to do it, yes.

otherwise you just have to get lucky, or get out front and stay there.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

bump for tonight!

C6R at Zandvoort. fixed setups.

gentlemen, start your reset buttons!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

well that didn't go so well

I had to use a relief driver! pretty sure that's a first in iracing.

we were joined by Pat Long, David Heinemeier Hansson (P2 driver in ALMS for Conquest, he was in the SeatTime.2 car) and John Dagys, motorsports writer. SeatTime.3 was Jochen, who usually races under Chris's account. confused?

nice crowd, I think that was the biggest one yet for one of these races.

on to next week...any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread