Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Just spent about an hour with the CTS-VR at TRM...it's a blast to drive. Performance falls neatly between the C6R and the Ford GT. I'm finding a little bit of maintenance throttle, especially in the hairpins, makes for a stable ride.

I have two setups I gleaned and tweaked from the new Caddy forum, and will gladly share them tomorrow night.
cool, I snagged a set from a hosted session at Motegi (at night!*), seems to be an improvement on the baseline set.

I agree, maintenance throttle is necessary, otherwise it's all loosey goosey. I was still pretty slow at Motegi but did a few laps at Laguna Seca and did a 1:28, the fast guys are doing 1:25-ish, so I feel okay.

*don't worry we're doing the race during daytime conditions
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts

The best I could muster was 159.1 at montegi.... The only changes I made to the car was some toe in on the rear and a little toe out on the front to get it to turn in. I have a conference call tomorrow evening but I may be able to join the practice session before my call starts. If reasonable times are in the 155.xx sounds like I'm going to get creamed. That's ok though, all part of learning.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:26 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
yeah the CTS-VR is a real drift car! should be fun to race.

tomorrow's race will be open setups, please share!
Please share your setup. I only played with it for 15 min or so but if I even think about rotating this thing it spins like a top. It also seems really hard to find the braking threshold. The best I've managed so far is a 2:03
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
Please share your setup. I only played with it for 15 min or so but if I even think about rotating this thing it spins like a top. It also seems really hard to find the braking threshold. The best I've managed so far is a 2:03
the set I have takes a lot of the bizarre rotation out of the car but you still need to brake in a straight line and have 10% or more throttle all the way through the corner.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

you can try this file... I "burrowed" it from the iracing forums, and then changed the toe more to my liking. I can turn 1:59s fairlly regularly with this one. I found that you don't need to brake in a straight line necessarily, but you need to START braking in a perfectly straight line. There are probably better setups out there, but this one seems stable to me, and that's what I was looking for.

Edit: oops, I forgot Rennlist only allows certian file types. I don't know if there is a good way to post a setup file on here?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are two sets I have. Set one (MotegiGP.sto) is with race length fuel and set 2 (MotegiGP_2.sto) is a qualifying set; it's a bit looser.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Motegi_sets.zip (3.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

My wife may have booked me for dinner out with inlaws... Maybe that will fall through
Old 04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
My wife may have booked me for dinner out with inlaws... Maybe that will fall through
hope you don't come down with an unexplained illness at the last minute, wink wink
Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Chas, just saw this in a post at the iRacing member forums...

"There is a bug the causes the game to crash if the person who signed up for the race first isn't in the race before anyone else. Basically. "

Heads up for tonight?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Chas, just saw this in a post at the iRacing member forums...

"There is a bug the causes the game to crash if the person who signed up for the race first isn't in the race before anyone else. Basically. "

Heads up for tonight?
weird.

for hosted does it have to be the person who launched the session (me) or any person who happens to sign in first?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

From what I gather, if the account that launches the session is not the first driver to sign in, the session will crash for all drivers.

They're supposed to roll out a fix for this and a few other bugs, but not until tomorrow...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

From what I gather, if the account that launches the session is not the first driver to sign in, the session will crash for all drivers.

They're supposed to roll out a fix for this and a few other bugs, but not until tomorrow...
OK I'll try to be the first in the session; nobody log in until there is someone shown as being registered (i.e. 1/26 shows for that session)
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Also, how about some of you guys take a few minutes to paint your new Cadillacs...following too many white cars is confusing
Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

fun race! this car is a blast with a decent setup. iracing needs a new guy for their baseline setups

I made too many mistakes mid-race to make it very far through the field, but had fun anyway.

welcome to the new guys, Ryan and Kristopher (anyone know who Kristopher is/ how he found us?)
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the welcome! It was a fun group to run with. I tried to dive the first part of the race on my conference call but it was a big fail! A jumped the start and a couple quick offs proved that the multi tasking was way far beyond what I was ready for. Hopefully I can keep checking in with you guys on wednesdays. Who is the crazy fast guy with the good shared setups?? Porshce guy?

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread