Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Hmmm, that's strange, Allen. I've never done anything special to make FFB work. I used to have a G25, now have a G27, they use the same drivers. I *do* have the their "gaming software" installed, which I believe actually does have drivers (even though windows might auto-detect).

I'd install the Logi software and try again.

And glad to have you on board We get pretty quiet during the summer months though, just FYI. Activity will really ramp back up once the weather gets crappy.
Thanks. I will try installing the software (which I didn't previously do) and see if that works.

Not sure how regular I can on the rennlist races. the start times usually seem a bit early for me, but I will try to make a few (only after I've climbed up the experience / safety ratings, it's going to take me a while)
Old 07-28-2014, 12:31 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Asquared
Thanks. I will try installing the software (which I didn't previously do) and see if that works.

Not sure how regular I can on the rennlist races. the start times usually seem a bit early for me, but I will try to make a few (only after I've climbed up the experience / safety ratings, it's going to take me a while)
Well the race nights (Wednesdays) start at either 7 or 7:30 our time... but there's usually at least an hour of open practice first. So the actual racing doesn't get started until after 8pm. I've been able to get home @ 7:30, say hello to the wife, eat something quick, and still log in and make a few qualifying laps before the race starts.

But even outside of the "official" race nights on Wednesdays and practice nights on Sundays, lots of impromptu sessions happen during the week and on the weekends over the winter. It just really slows down in the summer. I haven't touched my sim rig since I left for CA in early June.

Oh and don't worry so much about trying to get faster or whatever before you join us. Everybody starts somewhere, the more the merrier.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Well the race nights (Wednesdays) start at either 7 or 7:30 our time... but there's usually at least an hour of open practice first. So the actual racing doesn't get started until after 8pm. I've been able to get home @ 7:30, say hello to the wife, eat something quick, and still log in and make a few qualifying laps before the race starts.
Thanks. I usually get home around 8 (around meaning I get home after 8 as many times as I get home before 8), but I could probably manage to sneak out early enough a couple Wednesdays a month.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Yeah, I am honestly not even sure if there is a season going on right now. But, in the winter, various brains start exploding from cabin fever (having to talk to their spouses directly or something) and the guys from Canada show up in force. I will have my own man cave by then, and hopefully a DK2. I also am luring another DC local to join us from another bort. Hopefully he joins us in the fall/winter.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Yeah, I am honestly not even sure if there is a season going on right now. But, in the winter, various brains start exploding from cabin fever (having to talk to their spouses directly or something) and the guys from Canada show up in force. I will have my own man cave by then, and hopefully a DK2. I also am luring another DC local to join us from another bort. Hopefully he joins us in the fall/winter.
We show up in force because we are buried in snow on a serious note, and don't take this the wrong way miss you guys, have been racing in a couple of leagues, very evident that the quality of racing in our league is superior, there are some amazing drivers but way too many times have been taken out in the first corner. Looking forward to the fall when we start up again.

Burkey
Old 07-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Burkey
very evident that the quality of racing in our league is superior
Well, I will be bringing down the average when I join.

Also an update, I did need to install the logitech gaming software to get force feedback to work.

In case this happens to anyone else, I had installed the program at work on my work computer, and when I plugged in the wheel at home, it didn't recognize it, but once I uninstalled the program and installed again and plugged in the wheel during the initial installation process, it worked just fine. Not sure why. Also, I noticed that it replaced the drivers so the USB notification now says "G25 Steering Wheel now installed" whereas before it just said USB Device now installed.

Now, what tracks and cars do I need buy?

_
Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Burkey what other leagues have you been running in? I did MX5 race tonight, I have been practicing with that car at RA to just tune up for the club race end of next month.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Asquared

Now, what tracks and cars do I need buy?
All of them?

For our league, the RUF (obviously). Then most of the "big" US tracks: Road America, Sebring, Daytona, VIR, Mid Ohio, Barber. JustinL had been doing the schedules and was trying his best to follow whatever track the next weekend had an event at - be it Tudor, Pirelli World Challenge, PCA Club Racing, etc. So if you know there's a Tudor race at a track, or a PCA Club Race, chances are... we will run there.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:59 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

I assume we can still accept people into the league, might be best to get Allen added and then he could see the tracks we have been running, some results and see that we have a range of drivers. We did all improved over our two seasons this last winter.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pmason
Burkey what other leagues have you been running in? I did MX5 race tonight, I have been practicing with that car at RA to just tune up for the club race end of next month.
Phil I have been running in the Ruf cup in C, as well as the Mazda spec in C, I would not recommend the Mazda, car has way too much downforce the RUF feels like a tractor after driving the Mazda. Not sure if you have tried the new RUF but it is a handful

Burkey
Old 07-30-2014, 12:55 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Haven't tried the RUF sense the last update, so is the new car in a permanent Justin setup :-)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:12 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

It is incredibly loose on the outlap, but once the tires warm up it comes back to the old RUF handling we've gotten used to. We may have to switch to rolling starts next season to get the tires up to temp before T1.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Handyman_321
Intermediate

Hello... I'm a new Porsche owner, and a long time Iracer... Do you have to be invited to join this league you are talking about? I'm currently running in the mixed series with the Ruf, Mclaren and BMW ... A rennlist series sounds like tons oh fun!!!

I'm not that fast, I just try not to screw up too much
Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 118 Posts

Just did the update last night and ran some laps in the Mazda - cars are easier to recover than before.

Later run times for the west coast people would be awesome - ive joined a few sunday sessions and really enjoyed the crowd
Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

You do need an invite to the league, so just pm me your iracing name and I'll add you. We are currently on break for the summer. The next race will be on October 29th and I think we'll do 6 week seasons this time around.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread