Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I really thought that track was going to be a ton of race ending offs and problems but in the end it was mostly fine (better than most though a smaller turnout). Justin and I had an incredible race, I won't be able to sleep for hours.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Yeah, tough race. No straights for wine breaks. Need to dig into the storage unit for the wine helmet evidently.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Yeah, tough race. No straights for wine breaks. Need to dig into the storage unit for the wine helmet evidently.
All you have to do is crash for a wine break
Old 04-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Burkey
All you have to do is crash for a wine break
Fair point. I ended up running the whole thing basically alone. Dreadfully alone.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

That was quite a race... I agree with Tom, much less carnage than I expected there to be!

And I'm going to step out on a limb here as one of the league admins (because I haven't yet discussed this with the other admins) and state this: mean or derogatory comments about or directed at another driver (outside of those clearly said in jest or fun) won't be tolerated. This group is about fun, we're all friends here. I know sometimes the racing can be intense and it can suck to get taken out... but in the end, it's a computer, it's a weeknight, and it beats sitting around and watching TV (unless you're Ted, apparently...)

I'm going to work with the other admins to devise a sort of official policy about this - and if it were to go 100% my way, I'd come down hard on the user making the comments.

If you're really that pissed, then sign out, sleep on it, and if you're still irritated about it in the morning - take it to PM.

-Jim
Old 04-02-2014, 11:45 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just glad that one was over, seem like it went long :-) had Julian come up on my twice, he was faster in some corners while there was 1 or 2 I think I was a little faster, just enough I guess.
Overall I think it has been a great season, I for one feel that I have made a ton of progress along with a number of others here have made the same or better progress. If we compared our first 2 races to the last 2 races it would be pretty impressive.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:46 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Agreed the pace has gotten faster. The top 10 qualifying times have really compressed a ton since the first few weeks.

What was the facebook page? Iracing Rennlisters I thought but couldn't find it.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:48 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

Final Standings: http://www.danlisa.com/scoring/seaso...season_id=3129

Congratulations to Tom for an outstanding final race that moved him into second place overall. Tom made one mistake early on and I pounced, then I made a mistake and Tom got it right back. I spent the rest of the race waiting for another mistake... but it never happened. Eventually I had to turn up the jets and try to make something happen, but I ended up losing time trying that. By losing time I mean I fell back from 0.3s to 1.5 seconds at the end of the race.

As for the incidents the Stephanes had with Glenn. I don't mind a civil discussion, but saying someone should be banned from the league is more likely to get the requester banned than the target. If you want an official judgement by your peers, Jim can post up a replay of the event online for all of rennlist to throw their 2 cents in. It's good to be fast, it's better to be nice.

Here's my opinion: What I saw happen with sysgen was that Glenn had a questionably pass on entry to the hairpin, but other than the light contact (which was Glenn's fault as the passing car) it was a complete pass. The pass on exit where sysgen and Glenn really got together was mostly sysgen's fault (as the passing car). Both cars were driving for the same spot on the road and both drivers could have avoided it. The other Stephane got collected by a surprise move to the right by Glenn when he thought all the cars had gone by. Again totally avoidable by either party. Glenn just needs to watch his mirrors a bit better to make sure there isn't another car coming by, and Stephane needs to give more room. Don't try to brush mirrors with lapped traffic. There was so much room in the entry to that turn that it could have been an easy pass.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 PM
carmad
Advanced

Originally Posted by pmason
Just glad that one was over, seem like it went long :-) had Julian come up on my twice, he was faster in some corners while there was 1 or 2 I think I was a little faster, just enough I guess.
Overall I think it has been a great season, I for one feel that I have made a ton of progress along with a number of others here have made the same or better progress. If we compared our first 2 races to the last 2 races it would be pretty impressive.
Phil, great battle, like you said I was faster in some spots, and you were in others. You made slight mistake, I passed you, I made slight mistake, you got me back. Good clean respectful racing.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:54 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by pmason
Agreed! There has been a remarkable improvement. Burkey I think has really blown me away with his improvement since his first race. I lapped him 3 times at mosport and a few races later at Sonoma he's in third and riding my ***!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carmad
Phil, great battle, like you said I was faster in some spots, and you were in others. You made slight mistake, I passed you, I made slight mistake, you got me back. Good clean respectful racing.
Speaking of clean racing, we had an exchange there at the beginning that was really clean. I am bummed I made that last mistake that let you go by in the back section, otherwise as I improved during the race we could have had a three way!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:13 AM
loxner

Hope to re-join you guys next week...I've been incredibly busy with classes and the real race car lately, and haven't had time for iRacing

Looks like quite a few of you are getting faster and faster...looks like I may find myself towards the back of the pack once I do return
Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
Final Standings: http://www.danlisa.com/scoring/seaso...season_id=3129

Congratulations to Tom for an outstanding final race that moved him into second place overall. Tom made one mistake early on and I pounced, then I made a mistake and Tom got it right back. I spent the rest of the race waiting for another mistake... but it never happened. Eventually I had to turn up the jets and try to make something happen, but I ended up losing time trying that. By losing time I mean I fell back from 0.3s to 1.5 seconds at the end of the race.

As for the incidents the Stephanes had with Glenn. I don't mind a civil discussion, but saying someone should be banned from the league is more likely to get the requester banned than the target. If you want an official judgement by your peers, Jim can post up a replay of the event online for all of rennlist to throw their 2 cents in. It's good to be fast, it's better to be nice.

Here's my opinion: What I saw happen with sysgen was that Glenn had a questionably pass on entry to the hairpin, but other than the light contact (which was Glenn's fault as the passing car) it was a complete pass. The pass on exit where sysgen and Glenn really got together was mostly sysgen's fault (as the passing car). Both cars were driving for the same spot on the road and both drivers could have avoided it. The other Stephane got collected by a surprise move to the right by Glenn when he thought all the cars had gone by. Again totally avoidable by either party. Glenn just needs to watch his mirrors a bit better to make sure there isn't another car coming by, and Stephane needs to give more room. Don't try to brush mirrors with lapped traffic. There was so much room in the entry to that turn that it could have been an easy pass.
I think we should call this a "teaching moment." I generally agree that Glenn could be better at watching his mirrors at times (I filled his mirrors during qualifying, which didn't seem to work ). I also agree that sysgen could be more willing to concede a corner, even to a car that he perceives as slower; if that is the case, you can catch up and take a corner away from them.

This feels like an HR review. Maybe we need to have them sign this thread or something.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:15 AM
carmad
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Speaking of clean racing, we had an exchange there at the beginning that was really clean. I am bummed I made that last mistake that let you go by in the back section, otherwise as I improved during the race we could have had a three way!
Yes, you were defending really well, tough track to pass on unless someone makes a mistake.
Three way, I don't want to be in the middle LOL.

Last edited by carmad; 04-03-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: .

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread