Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tekkie
not sure who it was I didnt get to talk with him, it was a really nice car

how do you know he is in Paris? do you have a GPS tracker on him or what? lol
I don't have a GPS tracker. He has his own. It's a cell phone. Sometimes I think he spends more time on Facebook than most teenagers. He's been posting photos during his travels. He's the owner of Team Illuminata Motorsports (the TIM on the mirror covers). He's also the owner of Braid USA and the primary importer of Braid wheels for the country (possibly continent). I don't know if he still imports them, but he was previously importing and selling Team Dynamics wheels as well. I used to run those and some of his stickers / logos on my car (old WRX) when I was autocrossing.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:07 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i had a set of team dynamics wheels in white with the stickers, biggest pita to clean but otherwise i loved them
Old 06-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by ttt123

I cant make it this coming weekend.

So is being a PCA member worth it? What are the benefits?
To each his own. I enjoy the RSR PCA events and members. Lots of good car guys and decent events to enjoy. A little strict (as I think Scooby likes to say), but fun none the less. Give it a try and decide after a year...
Old 06-12-2019, 07:54 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratchet1025
To each his own. I enjoy the RSR PCA events and members. Lots of good car guys and decent events to enjoy. A little strict (as I think Scooby likes to say), but fun none the less. Give it a try and decide after a year...
I guess it would be worth trying since I'm wanting to get involved in the track stuff a little more and meeting other car guys is always fun to me. If it doesn't seem worth it than I just wont renew.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2019, 12:18 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

I just posted this over in the 996 forum but thought some of you might enjoy it as well since he is local and has mentioned he would like to join the next get together if we do one. This is now my second Porsche exhaust I have had the pleasure of making, although to be honest his was more of a customizing of the exhaust as he had a pre-existing one that we cut up and tailored it to his liking.

Sounds.. so amazing!! lol

Old 07-02-2019, 12:58 PM
corndog
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default All German Carshow

Deutschemarques 2019
It's being held at the Gilmore Car Museum N. of Kalamazoo.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:21 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by corndog
Deutschemarques 2019
It's being held at the Gilmore Car Museum N. of Kalamazoo.
Thanks for the tip, appreciated.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:36 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

the sound isn't captured to well in the video it sounds way better in person i think
Old 07-02-2019, 01:40 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tekkie
the sound isn't captured to well in the video it sounds way better in person i think
bless you sir.. next cruise, coffee on me lol
Old 07-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ttt123
I just posted this over in the 996 forum but thought some of you might enjoy it as well since he is local and has mentioned he would like to join the next get together if we do one. This is now my second Porsche exhaust I have had the pleasure of making, although to be honest his was more of a customizing of the exhaust as he had a pre-existing one that we cut up and tailored it to his liking.

Sounds.. so amazing!! lol
Any pics of the process or the final parts? That is amazing that you can custom make the exhaust. What do you use for headers?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:05 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ratchet1025
Any pics of the process or the final parts? That is amazing that you can custom make the exhaust. What do you use for headers?
For my car I cut off the collectors for my headers to change the angles and then fabbed up from the collector back. You can see how I made mine on my build thread.. I THINK the exhaust starts on page 7.. not sure though.

For the turbo, we didn't take any pics. He had two exhaust systems and we cup the flanges off one and welded them to the other, removed the cats, took out two of the mufflers(shorties) and welded in some stainless straight pipes to fill the void. He is coming back over tonight to do some more as he wants it louder so we are going to cut out the second set of mufflers(bigger ones) and pretty much straight pipe it with an X pipe.

I have a really good mig welder but I'm really wishing I had a tig now. welding the stainless with a mig doesn't make for the best welds and it costs about $100 in shielding gas for a system.

I really want to open a shop and customize cars for a living but... I'm to nervous to quit my job and take that risk lol I'll just keep having fun instead for now
Old 07-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Cool stuff, I will check out your build thread again, not sure how I missed that section!
Old 07-05-2019, 11:36 AM
jorligan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Subscribing. Interested in meeting up. My wife and I were at the RSR Grattan event on Father's Day. She had the white Alfa 4C and I was driving the silver Cayman with the GT3 front and BIG wing which unfortunately dumped coolant at the end of day 2. Turns out that the oil cooler blew - no oil, just antifreeze. Would highly recommend the Grattan event with the Toledo crew at the end of July.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:36 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jorligan
Subscribing. Interested in meeting up. My wife and I were at the RSR Grattan event on Father's Day. She had the white Alfa 4C and I was driving the silver Cayman with the GT3 front and BIG wing which unfortunately dumped coolant at the end of day 2. Turns out that the oil cooler blew - no oil, just antifreeze. Would highly recommend the Grattan event with the Toledo crew at the end of July.

The cars and coffee last month was a good time. Afterwards my wife and little guy and myself cruised around down on woodward for a while then went driving up by us in the thumb. I plan on going again on the 13th.

I'm always up for meet ups, I'm the lonely guy up in the sticks where there is few fun cars.. just a bunch of mustangs and Camaros up by me lol but there is some really nice driving roads in the thumb.

Is the Grattan event open to anyone or is it private?
Old 07-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jorligan
Hey, had a great time having dinner with you 2. Also, you have the most amazing RV/car hauler I have ever seen. Wow! Glad your car was ok, i was fearing the worst. OK, will check out the late July event, I need more track time wherever it is.

Quick Reply: Michigan Social Thread