Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 08:12 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 585 Posts

I got the same - don’t really have any idea when its actually coming..
Old 10-20-2023, 09:12 PM
saryberg
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Question for fellow Renlisters with a US hybrid order: Please check your TYD and let me know if your delivery date has changed. With last summer’s delay, my order was moved from Sept23 to Feb24. As of yesterday, my delivery date has slipped further to late May24. The interesting thing is that all of the milestones from freeze date to US port arrival date remain the same as before, but now my car is scheduled to take a three month vacation at the luxurious Port of Houston.
Same story for me. My hybrid order still arrives at port for LA on 3/2/24, but the delivery to the LA Experience Center has been changed from mid March to late May. That will be more than one year since paying the deposit and getting the allocation slot. I was first told to expect delivery right about now, late Oct 2023.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:23 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 416 Posts

There might be something very positive with the delay of the US Hybrids: You can cancel the order and upgrade to the S E-Hybrid for 4-5k more and you get a really better car. And realistically the cars will arrive at the same time.

If I knew the s e-hybrid would come I would wait - the money difference is so small that honestly they should not have released the e-hybrid.
The following 2 users liked this post by silversurfer6:
Charles Everson (10-26-2023), saryberg (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 10:10 PM
saryberg
7th Gear

Thanks for that thought. I had not given it serious consideration until your response. My SA made oblique reference to it when I called last week. He said they had people calling but no allocations yet. I thought it was a much bigger price difference, perhaps confusing it with the turbo GT. I drive the original 2015 Macan S now, and the performance is still better than the current base Macan.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:34 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by saryberg
Thanks for that thought. I had not given it serious consideration until your response. My SA made oblique reference to it when I called last week. He said they had people calling but no allocations yet. I thought it was a much bigger price difference, perhaps confusing it with the turbo GT. I drive the original 2015 Macan S now, and the performance is still better than the current base Macan.
Have a look at this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...er-base-2.html

From a very brief look I had at both base and s e-hybrid models in the US configurator the only standard/options difference is that the s e-hybrid comes with the air suspension as standard. Considering the difference of the 2 vehicles is 7k only, the air suspension is really needed and costs 2.5k so the difference is now 4.5k and you get 50bhp more - it is a no brainer to go for the S E-Hybrid. Configure both cars as you want them and you will see the price difference is negligible especially if you add 20-30k of options.

Additionally you might get better brakes but not sure on this.

Last edited by silversurfer6; 10-20-2023 at 10:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by silversurfer6:
Charles Everson (10-26-2023), saryberg (10-21-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 12:17 AM
saryberg
7th Gear

Very helpful. Again, thank you. I’ll check things out with my SA this week.
Old 10-21-2023, 05:26 AM
Defratos
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Watching all of these mess-ups one after the other is getting me to think should I just look for a BMW or Mercedes instead , I haven't even ordered mine as the dealer has told me it's still waiting FDA approval for KSA before they can even start accepting orders. Looking at this happening I highly doubt I'll see the car in 24, and probably even 25 with the mess-ups Porsche seems to be having, pretty shameful.
The following 2 users liked this post by Defratos:
DRSenabled (10-22-2023), saryberg (10-21-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 10:22 PM
saryberg
7th Gear

Thanks to you, silversurfer6, I spent 30 minutes talking to my SA today. I’m going to let my base hybrid allocation go (they still haven’t received any more than the original 3 they got in May, so they have plenty of interested customers) and go to the waiting list for an S hybrid allocation. (God knows when that will be, but I have time flexibility, fortunately.) The difference is $5000, and that is worth it to me for the additional 50 hp, S designation, red calipers, and upgraded brakes. It’s a bit outrageous, really, that the base hybrid is a throttled down version of the same V6 that is the base non-hybrid and S hybrid engine.
Old 10-21-2023, 10:40 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

…It’s a bit outrageous, really, that the base hybrid is a throttled down version of the same V6 that is the base non-hybrid and S hybrid engine.
From what I can determine, it is mechanically the exact same car except for 2” bigger rotors (That said, I can’t find data on the tranny). Of course the ECU is different. I just don’t want to add any more time to delivery.
The following users liked this post:
saryberg (10-21-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 10:57 PM
saryberg
7th Gear

It’s a bird in the hand vs two in the bush situation. I have the luxury of not needing a replacement car by a certain date, although my original Macan S will be 10 years old Dec 2024 (and I dread those occasional “deep fix” service visits). In most driving situations, it probably won’t make much difference, base hybrid vs S hybrid.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:01 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Thanks to you, silversurfer6, I spent 30 minutes talking to my SA today. I’m going to let my base hybrid allocation go (they still haven’t received any more than the original 3 they got in May, so they have plenty of interested customers) and go to the waiting list for an S hybrid allocation. (God knows when that will be, but I have time flexibility, fortunately.) The difference is $5000, and that is worth it to me for the additional 50 hp, S designation, red calipers, and upgraded brakes. It’s a bit outrageous, really, that the base hybrid is a throttled down version of the same V6 that is the base non-hybrid and S hybrid engine.
Glad it worked out for you. I think it is a better purchase, all aspects considered.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:11 AM
DRSenabled
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
Watching all of these mess-ups one after the other is getting me to think should I just look for a BMW or Mercedes instead , I haven't even ordered mine as the dealer has told me it's still waiting FDA approval for KSA before they can even start accepting orders. Looking at this happening I highly doubt I'll see the car in 24, and probably even 25 with the mess-ups Porsche seems to be having, pretty shameful.
It is shameful indeed. After a decade of Porsche ownership, I’ve looked to greener pastures and have had a significantly better experience with a non-VW group German competitor.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:10 AM
FredRS92
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ordered my 2024 E-hybrid in May 2023, delivery initially scheduled on August 2023...
Two weeks ago delivery was eventually scheduled on Nov 6th... until November 2nd when my dealer received a new "STOP DELIVERY" with not other info or reason!
My car is now blocked on his parking lot waiting an update

But my question is: do you guys in the same situation have already talked or received any compensation?

I already discussed with my dealer about that (Porsche Center Brussels - Belgium) but they are waiting a feedback from the factory!

Old 11-07-2023, 09:58 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

In July, the US hybrid deliveries were all moved back to late February/early March. A short time ago (see posts above) they were all moved back to late May. My sales guy’s opinion is that this second delay was to put in a port hold for the assumed EPA clearance. Several of us have received free year two maintenance (year one is standard) to compensate for the last delay.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:45 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
In July, the US hybrid deliveries were all moved back to late February/early March. A short time ago (see posts above) they were all moved back to late May. My sales guy’s opinion is that this second delay was to put in a port hold for the assumed EPA clearance. Several of us have received free year two maintenance (year one is standard) to compensate for the last delay.
That's my situation too - only clarification I would add is that it appears that its 2 additional years after the first free year. My car is in TYD is showing end of May 2024. The following is what I received. Your satisfaction remains our top priority, and we are committed to delivering an exceptional driving experience when your vehicle is ready. The initial year of maintenance for your vehicle is included in your MSRP at no extra cost. To show our gratitude for your continued loyalty and patience, we would like to offer you a complimentary additional 2-year Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan (PSMP+2) upon delivery of your vehicle. This service plan covers routine maintenance and service costs, ensuring your Cayenne remains in peak condition.

The following users liked this post:
Electric Lizard (11-07-2023)

Quick Reply: All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January