Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 02:37 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,225 Likes on 603 Posts

Just got an update on my allocation for Turbo e-Hybrid. It was supposed to be for early May Euro delivery with mid-April production. The production date did not change. But Porsche informed the dealer that Euro delivery in May would not happen because before EPA certification they cannot deliver the car to NA customers even in Europe. So it will be made in April and sit until July or so . Thanks, US government dysfunction. It's funny how it impacts Canada too - from no matrix headlights in Canada for years after they were approved here to not being able to finally cancel the stupid twice-a-year whole-country jet lag exercise they call "daylight savings", despite the vote decisively calling for ending it. We are borderline just another state at this point.
Old 01-08-2024, 07:50 PM
retom
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Just got an update on my allocation for Turbo e-Hybrid. It was supposed to be for early May Euro delivery with mid-April production. The production date did not change. But Porsche informed the dealer that Euro delivery in May would not happen because before EPA certification they cannot deliver the car to NA customers even in Europe. So it will be made in April and sit until July or so . Thanks, US government dysfunction. It's funny how it impacts Canada too - from no matrix headlights in Canada for years after they were approved here to not being able to finally cancel the stupid twice-a-year whole-country jet lag exercise they call "daylight savings", despite the vote decisively calling for ending it. We are borderline just another state at this point.
Wait a minute... as I have understood you well you are writing that deliveries of new hybrids to customers will not start before July 2024?!!! Also in Europe?
This is completely new information that I have not encountered before. If this is true, it would be like "a shot in the own foot" for Porsche. Many customers would give up because some have been waiting since September and most will not be interested in picking up an almost one-year-old car.

Edit: EPA is in USA and Canada. EU cars have to meet WLTP standards.

Last edited by retom; 01-08-2024 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:01 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

I've been waiting to see the first US deliveries of the 2024 E-Hybrid before putting in a special order. Now I plan to wait a good half year past the first deliveries, to see if there are any major problems. My confidence in Porsche is waning with their plug-ins.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:03 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,225 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
Wait a minute... as I have understood you well you are writing that deliveries of new hybrids to customers will not start before July 2024?!!! Also in Europe?
This is completely new information that I have not encountered before. If this is true, it would be like "a shot in the own foot" for Porsche. Many customers would give up because some have been waiting since September and most will not be interested in picking up an almost one-year-old car.

No, this is for Canada and the US, and for Turbo Hybrid. I'm just picking up the car in Europe for Euro delivery program, and they can't let me pick up the car until EPA approval, even though EPA has nothing to do with driving in Europe.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:48 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 397 Likes on 294 Posts

it does beg the question of how long are customers willing to wait. As you know i waited a year and a half for the audi - then pulled the plug for porsche (base cayenne coupe). i wasn’t even willing to wait another 4 months to order every exact feature at that point.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:22 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Makes sense and what I expect and guess is going on is they car is having "issue" with the EPA to gain final certification for the hybrids to be released for sale in the US/Canada. Similar happened in 2015 with diesel gate for those who recall. We had a 2016 Cayenne diesel on order and it was build and arrived at port only to sit and ultimately be denied in Nov 2015 by Porsche for release due to US govt. They didn't release the car...ultimately we got our dealer to find a Cayenne base similarly optioned for us and took delivery of the car in Jan 2016...never got our hybrid though.

So suspect that while the hybrid seems to be okay for release in Europe with some delay there's additional hoops for Porsche to jump thru for the EPA thus the car release delay. Currently my production is scheduled for Feb 2024 thru early March 2024 with a 28 May 2024 delivery date but suspect that is a place holder and I'll see it more likely this summer/fall 2024.
Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
it does beg the question of how long are customers willing to wait. As you know i waited a year and a half for the audi - then pulled the plug for porsche (base cayenne coupe). i wasn’t even willing to wait another 4 months to order every exact feature at that point.
Yeah I cancelled an 2024 Audi SQ8 E-Tron Sportback for this car which I thought a better fit for what needed so hope my Cayenne S e Hybrid coupe arrives sometime in 2024. I'll wait for a while as I have a daily driver that it will replace when it get here. Hopefully is worth the wait. Agree tho someone f**ged up somewhere in that Porsche debuted and released the car for sale and either didn't have EPA clearance to sell or the got an additional ask and hold from the EPA afraid of some issue maybe OR some other issue (heard something about power line/wiring re-do due to fault part also) is the hold up. Who knows at this point other than Porsche. A bit more clarity and transparency/info would be nice agree.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:03 AM
tnsthd
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed an order for an 2024 Cayenne Turbo e-hybrid mid September. Delivery would have been early January with a possibility of late December. I got a call from the dealer yesterday that my car is ready in Germany but cant leave the factory due to “hybrid problems”. The new expected delivery changed to Mid April …
Old 01-09-2024, 09:52 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by tnsthd
I placed an order for an 2024 Cayenne Turbo e-hybrid mid September. Delivery would have been early January with a possibility of late December. I got a call from the dealer yesterday that my car is ready in Germany but cant leave the factory due to “hybrid problems”. The new expected delivery changed to Mid April …
I am assuming you aren't in the US..

Old 01-09-2024, 12:02 PM
retom
Pro

Originally Posted by tnsthd
Same as me. I just received information that my car has been manufactured but cannot leave the factory until mid-April. Apparently, hybrids are waiting for as many as 6 software updates.
This has complicated my plans, including selling my current car, so I'm starting to talk to the dealer about compensation for this several-month delay. Especially since when I ordered the car at the beginning of October, no one informed me about hybrid problems and possible delays. The car was supposed to be delivered in January and I kept getting signals that everything was going according to plan.

PS. Cayenne is manufactured in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Old 01-09-2024, 05:38 PM
Obelix13
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Mon concessionnaire me disait semaine dernier fin février pour un S Hybride 2024...
Ma voiture est fabriquée et bloquée a l'usine aussi.
Avril ce n'est pas possible???
Old 01-09-2024, 06:53 PM
retom
Pro

Originally Posted by Obelix13
Mon concessionnaire me disait semaine dernier fin février pour un S Hybride 2024...
Ma voiture est fabriquée et bloquée a l'usine aussi.
Avril ce n'est pas possible???
I think April is more realistic than February. The problem is probably bigger than Porsche thought. Apparently the new software requires additional EU homologation and hence the long deadline.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:26 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

While I realize that the forecast milestone dates on my TYD are unreliable to say the least, I did notice that the dates for the actual construction of my order have slipped later by about a week. The May 28 delivery date remains the same. Not a good sign...
Old 01-10-2024, 08:23 PM
Obelix13
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=retom;19209890]Je pense qu'avril est plus réaliste que février. Le problème est probablement plus grave que ce que Porsche pensait. Apparemment, le nouveau logiciel nécessite une homologation européenne supplémentaire et donc un long délai.[/QUOTE
]
Suite a ce post, j ai rappele mon centre porsche qui me confirme fevrier
Old 01-10-2024, 08:33 PM
retom
Pro

[QUOTE=Obelix13;19211873]
Je pense qu'avril est plus réaliste que février. Le problème est probablement plus grave que ce que Porsche pensait. Apparemment, le nouveau logiciel nécessite une homologation européenne supplémentaire et donc un long délai.[/QUOTE
]
Suite a ce post, j ai rappele mon centre porsche qui me confirme fevrier
I will keep my fingers crossed for February. Please keep us in the loop.
Old 01-11-2024, 03:50 AM
Defratos
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You guys are lucky, at least you can order the actual car.

I'm still waiting for Saudi FDA to approve the hybrid cayennes for us to be able to even place an order.

Supposidly it will be in February and seeing these delays I am doubtful that I will get a car anytime this year even if I order in Feb.

Quick Reply: All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January