Sponsored By:

All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 03:30 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by T16ole
I went a bit over the top, regretting the non GT wheel.
Nice spec. Doesn't seem over the top at all.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:39 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 416 Posts

I went a bit over the top, regretting the non GT wheel.
Nice spec, kind of similar to mine. Instead of performance options like RAS and PDCC I went for looks so sport sesign package, barrique red and deviated stitching.

Here is my build discussion:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...disussion.html
Old 08-28-2023, 04:56 PM
T16ole
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

It’s the SUV yes. I was toying with the idea of the coupe. But went SUV as we’ve got two young kids.

For the coupe I’d have probably gone either crayon & bordeaux or artic grey & night green. Then also gone sport design pack on top.

It’s a tricky one. On the one hand you’re trying to rein it in and keep it sensible. Knowing you’re loosing the options in depreciation and an alarming rate. And on the other hand, after clicking over £100k you might as well tick the few other little things that you want.

Im not sure there’s many other manufacturers that you could spend nearly 50% of the value of the car on options and still have left off quite a few things you really wanted.

I’ll be sure to upload photographs and my opinions when it arrives.

Old 08-28-2023, 05:41 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 219 Posts

It’s the SUV yes. I was toying with the idea of the coupe. But went SUV as we’ve got two young kids.

For the coupe I’d have probably gone either crayon & bordeaux or artic grey & night green. Then also gone sport design pack on top.

It’s a tricky one. On the one hand you’re trying to rein it in and keep it sensible. Knowing you’re loosing the options in depreciation and an alarming rate. And on the other hand, after clicking over £100k you might as well tick the few other little things that you want.

Im not sure there’s many other manufacturers that you could spend nearly 50% of the value of the car on options and still have left off quite a few things you really wanted.

Yeah, depending on trim level, the cost of many/most options in a Cayenne aren't getting recouped on resale. Even my sales guy was trying to talk me into fewer options. He was more worried about resale than I was.

I figure TGTs might take a resale hit by omitting certain options buyers will expect. Not so much for a base, hybrid or S.

But if I was gonna worry about the cost of options, I wouldn't have been shopping for a Porsche in the first place.

Old 08-28-2023, 06:03 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Im not sure there’s many other manufacturers that you could spend nearly 50% of the value of the car on options and still have left off quite a few things you really wanted
Had exactly the same thoughts and "problem". +41k euro options in an e-hybrid and I left things out.
Old 08-28-2023, 07:19 PM
milo993
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Crazy isn’t it haha! But as you say you get clicking and it’s literally a process of elimination to find a happy medium.

This will be my first Porsche and selecting individual options (vs packs) came as a big shock to me! I understand the us have some packs but we don’t in the UK.

looking forward to seeing pics!
Old 09-04-2023, 10:26 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Any EU customer has received his e-hybrid yet? Cars should start getting delivered this week or the next. I think the update needed is much bigger - 3 active campaigns on the hybrid - but we will get there.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:51 AM
mm84
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Any EU customer has received his e-hybrid yet? Cars should start getting delivered this week or the next. I think the update needed is much bigger - 3 active campaigns on the hybrid - but we will get there.
Belgium based. Mine has been built beginning of June, waiting for delivery as promised by SA - end of sep/begin October. What a mess with the updates
Old 09-07-2023, 09:38 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

My car has arrived and I might go and see it tomorrow. The hybrid is still on stop sale and there are 3 campaigns open - 2 software and 1 hardware. Taken this into account I estimate easily 2 weeks - they will release the software soon I guess but the problem is when will they send the hardware from the factory
Old 09-07-2023, 09:41 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

My Hyrbid was built early august has been shipped and is now in the UK awaiting delivery to the dealer who anre expecting it to arrive with them next week.

I’ve opted to take delivery on or just after 1st Sep in order to take the “73” year registration.

fingers crossed
Have you discussed this your dealer? Did the car came with the 3 open campaigns completed from the factory? Otherwise I think they cannot deliver the car to you. From what I know the software and hardware for the campaigns has not been sent to the dealers yet.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:22 AM
T16ole
Advanced

Update on my UK Hybrid Order.

I just received a call from the Dealer, the car will be with them tomorrow. However, despite previously asking and being told, no.

There is now all of a sudden a stop sale on the Hybrid, which does require software & hardware changes, for which they have only received the tool to change yesterday, but worse, the part is on backorder. The guy one head of me has been waiting 3-weeks for his part, which also arrived today.

At present, there is no information as to any potential dates on the delivery or even availability of such parts.

All very frustrating.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:50 PM
Obelix13
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in France and haven't yet arrived even though it was one of the first E-Hybrids.
Do you know what the material campaign consists of??
Yes it's very
annoying

Last edited by Obelix13; 09-07-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:14 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obelix13
I'm in France and haven't yet arrived even though it was one of the first E-Hybrids.
Do you know what the material campaign consists of??
Yes it's very
annoying
They have told me but not remember - I think it is a cable. I will ask and update but let’s hope the factory moves fast.

I am trying to convince my dealer to allow me to get the car but he does not want to risk it.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:59 PM
T16ole
Advanced

update….

Mine has arrived in the UK and I believe it’s now with the dealer.

The parts required to be changed as part of the stop sale are due in on Friday and all being well, the car should be ready to collect early next week.

The dealer said that another Hybrid part change took place today and it looked like most of the underside and engine had to come out to get to it. And it took them workshop all day.

This doesn’t fill me with confidence in having it stripped then reassembled, especially as one of the guinea pigs

Last edited by T16ole; 09-11-2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 04:40 PM
milo993
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

update….

Mine has arrived in the UK and I believe it’s now with the dealer.

The parts required to be changed as part of the stop sale are due in on Friday and all being well, the car should be ready to collect early next week.

The dealer said that another Hybrid part change took place today and it looked like most of the underside and engine had to come out to get to it. And it took them workshop all day.

This doesn’t fill me with confidence in having it stripped then reassembled, especially as one of the guinea pigs
wow that’s major work!
It really makes you think about all these claims of “extensive testing” they do pre release only to spend nearly 2 months doing refits.

pretty sure you’ll have nothing to worry about with the quality of the work being done though I am sure!

Quick Reply: All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January