Sponsored By:

Share your MY24 build progress

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by 9y0S
My SA told me they already have too many Cayennes sitting at the dealership due to the stop sale and, just reading between the lines, it seems that could be why the cars are sitting at the ports instead of being shipped over.
That would make sense. My order docked at the San Fran port yesterday and my online tracker was updated from an Aug 12 delivery to Sept 22 now. My SA was told this morning that the software re-program won't happen until beginning of Sept. Hopefully other posts on the forum hinting at an earlier implementation are more correct. There's going to be a lot of OTA Porsche data traffic coming up (if they are doing it wirelessly, though this might need a hardwired lobotomy)! Make sure to get those batteries back to health state once getting the car after the long sittings. That mandatory 32 mile PDI drive is probably a good idea.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by vpopx2
... the port is capable of doing the updates and fixing all kinds of stuff before the car is released. At least that is what I heard.
I think that's true. A few years back we picked up my wife's Mercedes in Stuttgart, and at the end of the very first travel day, I managed to not pay attention to the low parking garage ceiling height at the hotel. I proudly demonstrated the interior hatch opening button and you can guess what happened next (besides a damper on my first days of the vacation). I was instructed by MB to put a note in the glove compartment to point out the ding. Sure enough, it got fixed at the arrival port in the US and when I picked it up at the dealership later on, I couldn't even find where the damage was.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:28 PM
vpopx2
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
I think that's true. A few years back we picked up my wife's Mercedes in Stuttgart, and at the end of the very first travel day, I managed to not pay attention to the low parking garage ceiling height at the hotel. I proudly demonstrated the interior hatch opening button and you can guess what happened next (besides a damper on my first days of the vacation). I was instructed by MB to put a note in the glove compartment to point out the ding. Sure enough, it got fixed at the arrival port in the US and when I picked it up at the dealership later on, I couldn't even find where the damage was.
Yeah, if you read the "Port Services" like mine in Davisville, RI it states they process millions of vehicles a year. Davisville is run by NORAD, North Atlantic Distribution... so even the "factory accessories" are usually installed here...

State of Art Facility

One of the largest facilities of its kind on the North American East Coast, NORAD boasts a current storage capacity of 25,000 + units. With building space of over 245,000 square feet containing a full service and fully staffed body shop, mechanical repair department and accessory installation center there is no task too big or too small.

The following 2 users liked this post by vpopx2:
Fahrfun (08-02-2023), sevasnex (08-03-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 05:39 PM
nguyentai8
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

This whole delay sucks. With Porsche pushed out so much marketing saying they have done more than 4,000,000 test kilometers and they did not find the software glitches then?
The following users liked this post:
Fahrfun (08-02-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 06:06 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 219 Posts

Yeah, if you read the "Port Services" like mine in Davisville, RI it states they process millions of vehicles a year. Davisville is run by NORAD, North Atlantic Distribution... so even the "factory accessories" are usually installed here...

State of Art Facility

One of the largest facilities of its kind on the North American East Coast, NORAD boasts a current storage capacity of 25,000 + units. With building space of over 245,000 square feet containing a full service and fully staffed body shop, mechanical repair department and accessory installation center there is no task too big or too small.

Where's the photo with the "Fully Stocked Wet Bar For Port Facility Drivers"?
The following 2 users liked this post by V999:
Fahrfun (08-02-2023), LDT (08-02-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 01:33 PM
9y0S
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

And... they want to not inundate the dealers... the port is capable of doing the updates and fixing all kinds of stuff before the car is released. At least that is what I heard.
That's what I thought, given my dealer was already tight for space as it was, but the update below somewhat contradicts that unless the software fix is somewhat imminent.

I just got some great news - I received an email from TYD that my Cayenne S has reached a new milestone and the site now shows it left the port on 8/2! The new estimated delivery date is 8/21, much better than the end of September that it had updated to over the weekend, but this all assumes that the software fix doesn't delay it further once it gets to the port.

Has anyone else had similar nice surprises?
Old 08-03-2023, 01:46 PM
vpopx2
Advanced

Originally Posted by V999
Where's the photo with the "Fully Stocked Wet Bar For Port Facility Drivers"?
Good Point, LOL... they must have several at the docks...
Old 08-03-2023, 07:09 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 219 Posts

Good Point, LOL... they must have several at the docks...
The guys driving the cars on and off the boats spend a few hours at the bar. And then, when they start seeing triple, they can simply aim for the ramp in the middle. No problem.

Explains the need for the body shop, right?
vpopx2 (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 07:29 PM
sevasnex
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 67 Posts

Is dealer obliged to notify the customer about any repairs done at the port (fixed damage in transport)?
Old 08-03-2023, 07:51 PM
vpopx2
Advanced

Default Port repairs

I do not believe the dealer has an obligation to notify and it is possible they don’t even know.
V999 (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 08:27 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by sevasnex
Is dealer obliged to notify the customer about any repairs done at the port (fixed damage in transport)?
No, the dealer will likely never know and neither will you. If the work happens at the dealership, they will know but again...you likely won't know any details unless there is a widespread issue.
Old 08-05-2023, 10:51 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Folks,

Finally, Eagle ( SFL Composer) has landed in Davisville !!!!!. Now the true waiting starts. Just hoping that Cayenne Stop sales is lifted soonest. On another forum, information posted suggests that software update for Base / S will be released next week ( at least in EU). So we may have a surprise ( positive one this time) if our delivery dates are moved back from Sept ( mine is 09/26) to sometime in Wk 3 in August.

As you can sense, lots of hope and wishes are obvious in my post.

Yesterday, I went to the local dealer and actually sat in the new Cayenne. All I can say is that I and my wife were very happy to see the Cayenne in real. Interior is truly modern and refreshed ( though wife quickly pointed out and expressed her unhappiness on the lack of double sun visor that she had in her 2003 Cayenne S). Cayenne is very driver focused. Steering wheel felt amazing. Fit and finish looked very elegant and solid. Standard trim on the doors looks very nice.

All in all, I am confident that we all will be thrilled once we get behind the steering wheel,

Best

Last edited by svinaik1; 08-05-2023 at 10:53 AM.
Fahrfun (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 11:54 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by svinaik1
( though wife quickly pointed out and expressed her unhappiness on the lack of double sun visor that she had in her 2003 Cayenne S)
Is the online manual in error? If so, that’s too bad indeed…

Old 08-05-2023, 12:08 PM
svinaik1
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Now you got me thinking. We sat in the Cayenne Coupe and I do not think that there was a second sun visor . Even if I had missed, Wife would have surely caught it because she really is a fan of the double sun visor and you know women do not miss these things

I will go back again to reconfirm.

Are these diagrams from the 2024 manual ?
Fahrfun (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Yes, the online manual accessible via Porsche app. (I don’t have the car yet either, but I signed in to the app to pass the time meanwhile)

Last edited by Fahrfun; 08-05-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Share your MY24 build progress