Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 02:47 PM
pjscrs
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi folks,

Can someone help? I have a 19 Cayenne Turbo and I'm trying to turn the PSE on (switched to PSE exhaust). I went through the procedure (MIB2 -->Add. Menu--> Maintenance of Vehicle Date --> change to Sport Exhaust--> save--> Auto Program all --> delete errors) to change the exhaust and the PIWIS 3 shows it was changed, but the PCM display does not show the sport exhaust switch. Any suggestions? Hoping not to have to take to Dealer.

BTW, the wireless Apple Car play works great. TY!

Paul
Old 04-03-2023, 09:30 AM
elga
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrunelle
So I just found this thread and unfortunately for some, I can see that messing with the auto programming settings has caused some problems. Let me help you understand how the PIWIS works. When you go to the additional menu settings, you are not programming any modules. What you are doing is changing the defaults for when you run auto programming. This is a very dangerous, as this programming should stay stock, so that you can always use auto programming to restore your module back to stock. Also this section lets you add options your car does not have and that causes other modules to be programmed incorrectly. The other modules will look to receive information from missing modules and give you errors if you run auto program all modules. Please leave the auto programing found in the add menu alone, instead, go into the module you need, the go to manual programing. Please note that in Engineering mode, all modules appear present, even they are not in your car. In production mode, those modules are not visible. In engineering mode when you go into the module and go to the extended identifications, if you get 11070 error everywhere, that means your car doesn't have that module.

For example, Auto start Stop is located in the Gateway Module. Select the Gateway module then hit next. Then go to the programing tab and make the changes you need. You can turn off *** here without worries about impacting other modules. If you sell the car, simple run the auto programming for this module and it will be returned to normal.

I hope this helps.
This is the way!
Old 04-03-2023, 06:12 PM
elga
Intermediate

Originally Posted by runbuh
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TrQrZX5OWZkx5SNbzISuqJDwSabYsz7/view?usp=share_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-_5I0d4Hobzasg9-XFxSLbeQob9A79yC

Watch the video, paying attention to the left side - IT'S WORKING!!!

You may have to download the files to watch them.
can believe it
Old 04-04-2023, 10:10 PM
elga
Intermediate

Wireless Apple car Play success! (Cayenne 9Y0 2019 Base Model)

@John Mclane @rnlst_log @runbuh @Shred Thanks for all the good work you did...

Successfully and officially activated Wireless Apple Car Play on my 2019 Base Model Cayenne 9Y0.
As mention above multiple times here is the code for PIWIS 3: MIB2 (Zentralrechner) --> Manual Coding without rules --> Vehicle Configuration --> Bitfield (7) Apple_DIO_Wireless: On and Bitfield (5) wlan_5ghz_switch: On

I know I am kind of late for this but; still hahaha.

NOTE: According with a friend in Zuffenhausen (P. involved) every unit from 2018 and up that carries PCM 5 and has wired Apple Car Play has capabilities to be code for wireless, regardless of its country of origin.

Thanks again guys!

The following 4 users liked this post by elga:
rnlst_log (04-04-2023), Schwarz992C4S (07-06-2023), shadetree_prjct (09-30-2023), Turrrbo (06-23-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 03:37 AM
Userix
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have piwis 3 and was wondering what exactly is F7 mode and how do I get to it?
Old 04-05-2023, 08:59 AM
elga
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Userix
I have piwis 3 and was wondering what exactly is F7 mode and how do I get to it?
@Userix F7 is used to bring up additional menus, when you are in overview menu (the place you initially see all your modules)
A couple of guys here can elaborate way better than me on this matter.
The following users liked this post:
Userix (04-13-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 10:38 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

Here is F7 menu button.
The following 2 users liked this post by rnlst_log:
elga (04-05-2023), Userix (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 07:32 AM
Userix
Track Day

Correct, the steps I followed for my car started with Maintenance of Vehicle Data followed by Automatic Coding.
In the original post, it says to run automatic programming on all modules once you make changes to the vehicle. Is it supposed to be auto coding or programming?’
Old 04-21-2023, 05:03 PM
Userix
Track Day

I'm gonna leave the stuff way down below in place until I test some things in the morning. Tonight, using PIWIS, I put the car back in full auto start/stop mode (and put my headlights back to normal PDLS+). This probably turned my seat belt chimes back on. So, after letting the car sit off/locked for almost an hour, I booted up the x431 and compared things against all of the settings further below. There were only a few differences. So, to test and see if I found everything, I went in and changed the following using the x431:
  1. DME - Activation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2: change from Activated to Not Activated
  2. DME - Coding--Block07-Start_Stop: change from Present to Not Present/coding Cell Not Used (this generated an error on the gauge cluster - the drivetrain error where the 4-connected-wheels diagram displays)
  3. Front End Electronics - Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2:-AraStartStop change from Start_stop_prevention_allowed to Start_stop_prevention_not_allowed

Confirmed - this does completely disable Auto Start/Stop in the same manner as the PIWIS route using F7. This route takes about 5 minutes. The Start/Stop button on my home screen is gone and is not available as an option when customizing the home screen. On the Drive Settings screne (Normal/Sport/Individual), there is no Start/Stop button. There is no Start/Stop button option for the custom steering wheel button. This is all just like you see in the screen shots here: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17167985

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I took some time with the x431 to search through a number of modules for start/stop related settings (searching for "start"). With my Cayenne configured via PIWIS to completely disable Start/Stop (per the earlier notes in this thread), here are the settings I found. When I get a couple of hours, I will re-enable Start/Stop and then check the values of these same settings in hopes of finding out how to disable Start/Stop via the x431:

THIS IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY. TO DISABLE AUTO START/STOP, ONLY CODE THE 3 OPTIONS LISTED ABOVE

Gateway:

1 – Deactivation of start-stop function: Regular Operation
Choices are:
- Stop Release
- Stop Prohibition, No Start Request
- Start Request
- System Fault
- not defined
- Regular Operation
2 – Coding--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-StartStop_support: None Installed

DME:
1 – Activation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2 - I think should show as Not Activated
2 – Coding--Block07-Start_Stop: Not Present/coding Cell Not Used
3 – Coding--Block08-Start_Stopp_LastMode: Default On
Note: other option in this field is Last Mode

Instrument Cluster:
1 – Coding--Coding byte 03--Start-stop filter: Not Activated
2 – Coding value 2--Extended codings II--Reset start-stop after every ignition cycle: Not Activated
3 – Warning configuration-Warning configuration byte 28-227 start-stop battery protection: Not Activated
4 – Warning configuration-Warning configuration byte 28-228 start-stop mode failure: Enabled
5 – Warning configuration-Warning configuration byte 41-333 start-stop in sport mode impossible: Enabled
6 – Warning lamps-Indicator lamps coding byte 2-22 start-stop display: Open

Air Conditioning (not to be confused with the other selection called “A/C”)
1 – Coding--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-Start/Stop_mode: Start/Stop Gen 2
Choices are:
Kein Start/Stop
Start/Stop Gen 1
Start/Stop Gen 2
Start/Stop Gen 3

PCM:
1 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons: Not Activated
2 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_clamp_15_off: Not Activated
3 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_over_threshold_high: Not Activated
4 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_standstill: Not Activated
5 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_after_disclaimer: Not Activated
6 – Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Start_Stop_reasons_0x27: Not Activated
7 – Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Start_Stop_reasons_0x27_msg_bus: Not Activated

Front-end Electronics:
1 – Deactivation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2: x431 says changing this is not supported
2 – Deactivation of start-stop function (climate control): Not Activated
3 – Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-hybrid_start_stop_swtich: Not Activated
4 – Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-AraStartStop: Start_stop_prevention_not_allowed

I have been attempting to code/disable *** on my new cayenne platinum MY 2023. I have piwis 41.5/38.25 using a VAS6154. So far, I am unable to disable ***. I have found the three items mentioned above and attempted to manually code them and each time I try, I get the 10010 "Error while writing". I then attempted to go the F7 route and was able to change the VO option for *** from 7L8 to 7L7, which is disabling *** completely. Then I went to perform autocoding on all modules. But the auto coding procedure ended with errors and I did notice it failed to code the ECM, which has most of the *** elements that needs to be coded. I cleared all the scary warning and critical errors that pop up after auto coding, but unfortunately *** is still active.

On the other hand, I was still able to code other features successfully, such as disabling seat belt chimes, using the sidemarker as indicators, etc. Those feature did code successfully. And Piwis software did successfully detect my vehicle as the Cayenne 9YA, so I assume that means my piwis version does support the cayenne MY 2023. Has anyone else successfully disable *** on the Cayenne MY 2023?

Last edited by Userix; 04-21-2023 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:43 PM
Userix
Track Day

Does anyone know how to enable the auto hold function (where you push the brake pedal hard at a stop, and it will automatically hold the brakes without pushing on the brake pedal)?

During my previous attempt of disabling ***, something in the auto coding might have messed with the auto hold feature. I did have the "electric parking brake" error but cleared it by following what another member here posted:
holding the brake pedal down, pushing the e-brake button and holding it down for 2 sceonds, then holding it up for 2 secs.

This removed the electric parking brake error. I also did clear all the faults detected in piwis as well.

There are no dash error lights or warniings shown, but now the auto hold function won't activate when I push down on the brake pedal hard.

Last edited by Userix; 04-27-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:57 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

User error? I have found it really isn’t a hard push but rather a quick stab. See if that triggers it.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:24 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 629 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by pbon
I have an MST-80 that does 100A. The current version is the MST-90. Cost is about $300 shipped — from China.
Edit: FYI those MST-90 chargers are stated for lead acid batteries only.

Personally I use a Victron IP22 30A lithium battery charger. Current monitoring shows I never get close to using the full 30A capacity as long as the battery is topped up before starting coding on either my 9Y0 Cayenne or my 992. That is, actual vehicle draw during coding is below 30A in every case I’ve tried, but if you are also charging a partially depleted battery the car can try to pull more than 30A.

I suspect the higher amp specs are so a vehicle with a battery in any depleted charge state can be hooked up to the charger and coded.

Last edited by Mech33; 05-05-2023 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Userix
Track Day

So I have been trying to disable *** on the new cayenne 2023 using a genuine pt3g vci v2 and piwis 41.8. I can access the modules just fine but when I try to change the block05 and block08 in the dme module pertaining to the *** feature, it’s not able to change the options. I have even disable the component protection feature as well, but I still can’t change the ***-related options.

I have tried going to f7 addl menu route and changing the vo of the car to disable *** and the auto coding procedure also fails.

has anyone successfully disable *** on the new 2023 cayennes?
Old 06-17-2023, 08:44 AM
LAwR
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the x431, go to the Instrument Cluster, search on "belt" (without the quotes), and find the entry shown in the screen below. Configured this to "Not Active", and then performed a "write code" to disable the seat belt chimes, but leave the visual seatbelt warnings active. I then locked the car for about 20 minutes. Started her up with no seatbelt on and took a quick trip around the neighborhood. Not a peep. Dash still shows the seatbelt warning. More testing to do (like what happens when you unbuckle in the drivethru line).

Got tired of waiting for PIWIS info, and could not find it myself, so I started spelunking with my x431.

I get: Write Code Failed. Doesn`t allow me to change 30-243 audible seatbelt warning from Enable to Disable.

I did start/stop thing, now i don`t have icon on PCM, but get error on searbelt.

Any idea why?
Old 06-29-2023, 12:05 AM
JUN6817
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pleaes teach me ,how to code "Lock without shut engine on piwis

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3