Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2024, 10:47 AM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Kendo67
Mine just stated "Low Battery" - "Inspection Required" , no issues with anything else. Even the S/S worked as normal.

One of the things i did notice was the voltage on the MFD was a constant 13.5V regardless of engine load or throttle position as it must default to this if the system thinks there is an issue with the battery.

K
That's exactly what started to happen with my battery, the dashboard voltage started reading around a constant 13.5 volts no matter what and no matter days..

I used my scanner to check the health of my battery, and it was fine, so it seemed like an overcharging issue.

I used my scanner and re-registered my LiFEPO4 battery, and my voltage went from around a constant 13.5 volts to a normal low of 12.9v ..

I bought the AGM conversion kit, but haven't installed it yet because I am in the middle of several trips, but I carry it with me in my vehicle.

So far, the voltage and the battery still doing fine, after re-registering it.

Seems like a BMS charging programming issue..?

Last edited by PorscheACC; 08-08-2024 at 10:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 01:28 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kendo67
Mine just stated "Low Battery" - "Inspection Required" , no issues with anything else. Even the S/S worked as normal.

One of the things i did notice was the voltage on the MFD was a constant 13.5V regardless of engine load or throttle position as it must default to this if the system thinks there is an issue with the battery.

K
Some information that you may have already, just in case.. I have the TSBs some place in my files if you needed..

chassis (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 01:51 PM
Kendo67
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Some information that you may have already, just in case.. I have the TSBs some place in my files if you needed..
Thanks , mine had that update 02/23 some six months before i purchased the vehicle.

The fault only occurred when it had been sitting in the dealers for three weeks without being started or put on a battery tender something i found strange as these batteries are a known issue to Porsche , although they wont admit it.

I presented my case to the service department (basically they knackered my battery by not charging it) and it was replaced without any dramas at their expense.

K
The following 3 users liked this post by Kendo67:
chassis (08-08-2024), George718 (08-08-2024), PorscheACC (08-08-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 02:02 PM
drooman
Rennlist Member

Received 2,157 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by drooman
Great! I'm about to enter into this foray....just bought a one owner 2019 Cayenne S with 41K miles. Shortly after purchase the dreaded yellow warning light is on. The full records from the original selling dealer showed they performed the WMJ9 reprogramming of the gateway control unit on 12-01-2022. I don't think the light was on then because the records show all customer complaints and symptoms of each visit and that was not mentioned.

Either way I'm kind of expecting a battery replacement is required at this point, since the WMJ9 service has been done. A few questions for the group:

El Sapo: what dealership was this? I'd like to at least be able to tell my dealer "XXX dealership is replacing these under warranty" ...worth a shot.

How has LiFePo4 9y0 battery availability been lately? I read on here about shortages a few years back.

Thanks everyone.
An update i think everyone will appreciate: Porsche of Warwick RI just replaced my original battery under the emissions warranty. $0.00 The new battery is covered by warranty through the end of the emissions warranty. To answer my own question there is no shortage of units.

Specific code present was P1D6C00 "12 volt LiIon battery diagnostic system monitoring defect"

The invoice is interesting; testing, battery cost, replacement, programming as a single line item of $1200.81 I guess this is what they get paid for the warranty service? I could see how they prefer they not be warranteed? thats a big difference for what some have paid retail.

Now, what's the best way to care for this battery? Are the new batteries "better"? This car will get daily use but probably under 10k miles per year.

Old 08-09-2024, 02:11 PM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats!

For those of us that weren't as lucky to get the battery covered, do we have any recourse at all?
Old 08-09-2024, 02:23 PM
George718
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Shame on Porsche for not stepping up and doing the right thing for all of us that were denied! At the very least they should have discounted the repair cost.
Old 08-09-2024, 02:28 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drooman
Now, what's the best way to care for this battery?
Every night, do 3 prayers before going to bed..

One for the defective LiFePO4 battery, one for the defective built-in battery controller/sensor, and one for Porsche to have had the overcharge programming defects resolved.. :-)

chassis (08-10-2024)

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Battery