Sponsored By:

Discount on 2019 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 11:12 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
But but, dealers are losing money on anything better than 8% off!

Thanks for sharing... clearly there is some flexibility in pricing here and incentive to move the 2019s.
The more options the higher the % off potential. It's not a one for one.

Also.... "losing money" is relative. Just like the value of your trade has no relation to how much you owe. A new 2019 and a new 2020 have very different values. Unfortunately the 2019's weren't here too long before 2020's hit lots which immediately diluted the value of 2019's. Guessing halfway between new and what a used one with low miles would be worth?
Old 11-18-2019, 05:19 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Contact

Can someone please PM me with contact info for a SA willing to give a discount for a new order. Thanks

Old 11-30-2019, 04:08 AM
newtoav
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And me too, please.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:55 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,007 Likes on 1,781 Posts

Looking for a 19 CTT with PDCC and Bur. Anyone dealer one for sale, PM me.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:25 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
But but, dealers are losing money on anything better than 8% off!

Thanks for sharing... clearly there is some flexibility in pricing here and incentive to move the 2019s.
Originally Posted by garfunkle
The more options the higher the % off potential. It's not a one for one.

Also.... "losing money" is relative. Just like the value of your trade has no relation to how much you owe. A new 2019 and a new 2020 have very different values. Unfortunately the 2019's weren't here too long before 2020's hit lots which immediately diluted the value of 2019's. Guessing halfway between new and what a used one with low miles would be worth?
1) Flat margins are 10% for most Cayenne. Usually a little money for the dealer beyond that, but nothing too crazy. The Texas dealer was literally pulling down his pants on that deal...must have been an aged unit they were scared of keeping around with what they had inbound. That's just a hail mary deal. So no, not losing money at 8% but its sure a great deal for the client compared to what the dealer is making (even with their back-end money the client in that situation is winning).

2) Margins are fixed, doesn't matter the Build cost @garfunkle . Yes correct on perceived valued of 2019 over 2020. Though the same car, the model year will affect depreciation...though each will depreciate so that's just a frivolous point all the way around (not directed at you, just the concept of a loss on new car in general).
Old 11-30-2019, 03:26 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Looking for a 19 CTT with PDCC and Bur. Anyone dealer one for sale, PM me.
Have some leads on two inbound Cayenne Turbos with Bur and Chrono, but not PDCC. $150's pricepoint. Not sure how important the extra chassis support is. @RAudi Driver
Old 11-30-2019, 09:09 PM
User 4622
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surveying SoCal market on 2019 e hybrid and was able to get 12-14 percent below MSRP. Dealer claims losing $4k on the deal.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 AM
XqiZitE3
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got 12% off a ‘19 Base at 82k MSRP last week in SoCal. Dealer was quick to accept, could have probably pushed for a bit more.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:05 PM
jat329
1st Gear

I am looking for a '19 E Hybrid in SoCal and would definitely like to know who is doing 14% off? I'm hoping to pick one up this weekend so anyone who can help, please reach out.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:10 PM
Shinzoakii
7th Gear

Hi Liu,

I saw your posts@ rennlist. I am looking for Cayenne with 10% off msrp but it is not easy. They offered me 5~7% off.
Can you share a dealer with me ? I would like to contact with them.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ryan Pioa.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:09 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheMeister42
1) Flat margins are 10% for most Cayenne. Usually a little money for the dealer beyond that, but nothing too crazy. The Texas dealer was literally pulling down his pants on that deal...must have been an aged unit they were scared of keeping around with what they had inbound. That's just a hail mary deal. So no, not losing money at 8% but its sure a great deal for the client compared to what the dealer is making (even with their back-end money the client in that situation is winning).

2) Margins are fixed, doesn't matter the Build cost @garfunkle . Yes correct on perceived valued of 2019 over 2020. Though the same car, the model year will affect depreciation...though each will depreciate so that's just a frivolous point all the way around (not directed at you, just the concept of a loss on new car in general).
I am almost 100% positive that this is false. Not all options have the same margin.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:23 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Originally Posted by pokingaround
I am almost 100% positive that this is false. Not all options have the same margin.
Welp...not sure what version of the truth to tell you then. It is highly plausible, after working for Porsche for 4 years and selling every model car we’ve produced, that I know what I’m talking about.

But then again maybe I’m just some sap sitting on the couch at his mom’s house spending his time writing posts deep in the weeds of Rennlist.

One may never choose to believe the truth. And that’s okay! But don’t claim it to be false if you don’t know all of the information.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:33 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Welp...not sure what version of the truth to tell you then. It is highly plausible, after working for Porsche for 4 years and selling every model car we’ve produced, that I know what I’m talking about.

But then again maybe I’m just some sap sitting on the couch at his mom’s house spending his time writing posts deep in the weeds of Rennlist.

One may never choose to believe the truth. And that’s okay! But don’t claim it to be false if you don’t know all of the information.
I'll take Edmunds and other sites words over yours, thanks. A quick glance at Edmunds alone shows a range of at least .4% on the Panamera options I quickly checked.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:06 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Originally Posted by pokingaround
I'll take Edmunds and other sites words over yours, thanks. A quick glance at Edmunds alone shows a range of at least .4% on the Panamera options I quickly checked.
You do know Porsche doesn’t send invoices to those third party sites? So their information is speculative.

Total invoice to MSRP is 10% across all models, regardless of options. Some of the GT cars may have 11% depending on the year, but it’s fixed for the production cars. Dealer holdback (behind invoice), is 4-5%. So total available margin is 14-15%. And that’s it. It’s really not complicated. The dealer will usually keep their 5% unless the car is extremely aged or it’s a weird car that a client backed out of and they need it gone for risk of expensive flooring costs. So you’re negotiating over the 10%. Fair for both parties is a 5% discount. Your SA won’t see a dime of the holdback money, so he/she gets paid on the 10% margin unless they’re salaried.

If you want to fly out west to see me, I’d be glad to sit down and show this on paper, from Porsche, for any car you want on the lot. I’m not going to post on here, but would absolutely be glad to do so in person.

Not sure how much more transparent I can make things for you.
The following users liked this post:
Larryh1 (05-31-2020)
Old 12-18-2019, 05:17 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 334 Likes on 226 Posts

Maaaah.....meatloaf!!!
On a more serious note, I'm sure you know more than the rest of us consumer schmucks. I also know margins, discount %s, profits/loss, etc. go out the window when a dealer has to move cars off the lot regardless of brand. Many of us have scored big on deals in the past and the taste of blood is addicting.

Quick Reply: Discount on 2019 Cayenne