Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Delete
Old 10-17-2018, 11:56 AM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MemPorsche
My 2019 Cayenne has been sitting in the port of Houston since 9/30. Memphis Dealer states it has not been released from the port due to "Updating". What does updating mean? Dealer could not give me an explanation and said it has to be released from the port by Porsche corporate after the Updating is complete.
This has been pretty normal. Takes about 2-3 weeks for it to release from Port.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:40 PM
MemPorsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan L.

Mine is similarly held up at the port. Have you received any additional info on the update or when you can expect your car?
sales manager said Porsche rep was in dealership and cars may not be released from port till end of October, no logical explanation.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:44 PM
Evan L.
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MemPorsche

sales manager said Porsche rep was in dealership and cars may not be released from port till end of October, no logical explanation.
Mine arrived at the dealer, so I’m guessing the hold has been lifted. Might be a good time to check in with your SA!
Old 10-25-2018, 12:03 PM
fkim011
Instructor

I was at the dealership yesterday servicing my Panamera and they got a stop sale bulletin for the new Cayennes. There is a recall on the rear selt belt tensioners that need to be replaced before they can go on sale again. For those that have their Cayenne already, I would see if your VIN falls under this recall for the rear seatbelts.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Param Baxi
5th Gear

Default Cayenne (Base, Quarzite Grey)

After a long wait of 6 months, I finally picked up the beast on 24 Oct. It arrived at Port Kembla (Aus) on 17 Oct, cleared customs and was with dealer on 19 Oct (i have been very lucky here, normally takes 2 weeks). I ordered base model Cayenne with Quarzite Grey colour. Minimal additions were - bose, sunroof/moonroof (as you call it), smoker package (i added this to have a lid however now i think i shouldnt have. u have a good usable space without smoker package. after adding, this space cant be used for any meaningful purpose), power plus steering, floor mats, ambient light (u can do it without this as well, nothing really fancy). That costed me $141,498 AUD at Porsche Parramatta. No discount. Dealer first quoted $900 more but i asked them to match what they have on the website which they mentioned is an error but matched. My wife asked for a Porsche Teddy bear which my SA arranged as complimentary. I switched from honda civic 2009 to new porsche cayenne after saving every penny for 4 years. has been a dream that i still cant digest i have fulfilled. Big thanks to my wife who supported and made it possible. Driving experience has been amazing so far. have only done 150km so far but it has been enough for me to truly fall in love. havent driven a SUV before so am.bit nervous when i am on the road and specially when i need to reverse park. But i guess with practice itll eventually get better. i noticed there is a loud noise/sound when i apply breaks, my SA advised its because being brand new, let it run for a 1000km and should be fine or will get it checked. Planning a trip sometime soon to really enjoy the real porsche driving experience. Sharing some beauty pics:

Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations. Have a great time with it. Can't wait to get mine which is sitting in Emden waiting to be shipped.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:42 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Param Baxi
After a long wait of 6 months...
What a great post! I love the fact that you saved for years to buy your Porsche, and went from a 2009 Honda. One of the reasons I paid to subscribe here is that there seems to be very little classicism — that is, as a general rule we share a love of the Porsche brand, not our salaries or bank accounts.

Congratulations to you and your wife. I hope the car is everything you hoped and dreamed. Would you mind sharing a pic of the Porsche teddy bear? My daughter might love one!
Old 10-26-2018, 03:00 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Param Baxi,

Thanks for sharing your excitement. It is wonderful to achieve something that has been a dream and goal. We’re in the same category, our (well, actually, my wife’s) Cayenne is at Port Emden awaiting shipping. It will be the first Porsche either of us have had and we’re getting excited.

Happy motoring.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:03 PM
Everton
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone actually received a turbo variant yet?
Old 10-27-2018, 03:35 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Everton
Has anyone actually received a turbo variant yet?
Anxiously awaiting ours. We still show early December as delivery to Houston. Our SA has told us he wouldn't be surprised if the car arrived a week early, based on deliveries of the base Cayenne.

Once it's at port, all bets are off. How's the EPA feeling toward Porsche that week?
Old 10-27-2018, 10:47 AM
Everton
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. Can't wait to see it. My wife's is scheduled late January
Old 10-29-2018, 04:29 AM
fkim011
Instructor

Originally Posted by Param Baxi
After a long wait of 6 months, I finally picked up the beast on 24 Oct. It arrived at Port Kembla (Aus) on 17 Oct, cleared customs and was with dealer on 19 Oct (i have been very lucky here, normally takes 2 weeks). I ordered base model Cayenne with Quarzite Grey colour. Minimal additions were - bose, sunroof/moonroof (as you call it), smoker package (i added this to have a lid however now i think i shouldnt have. u have a good usable space without smoker package. after adding, this space cant be used for any meaningful purpose), power plus steering, floor mats, ambient light (u can do it without this as well, nothing really fancy). That costed me $141,498 AUD at Porsche Parramatta. No discount. Dealer first quoted $900 more but i asked them to match what they have on the website which they mentioned is an error but matched. My wife asked for a Porsche Teddy bear which my SA arranged as complimentary. I switched from honda civic 2009 to new porsche cayenne after saving every penny for 4 years. has been a dream that i still cant digest i have fulfilled. Big thanks to my wife who supported and made it possible. Driving experience has been amazing so far. have only done 150km so far but it has been enough for me to truly fall in love. havent driven a SUV before so am.bit nervous when i am on the road and specially when i need to reverse park. But i guess with practice itll eventually get better. i noticed there is a loud noise/sound when i apply breaks, my SA advised its because being brand new, let it run for a 1000km and should be fine or will get it checked. Planning a trip sometime soon to really enjoy the real porsche driving experience. Sharing some beauty pics:

What a great story! Congratulations on your first Porsche!
Old 10-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Param Baxi
5th Gear

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

What a great post! I love the fact that you saved for years to buy your Porsche, and went from a 2009 Honda. One of the reasons I paid to subscribe here is that there seems to be very little classicism — that is, as a general rule we share a love of the Porsche brand, not our salaries or bank accounts.

Congratulations to you and your wife. I hope the car is everything you hoped and dreamed. Would you mind sharing a pic of the Porsche teddy bear? My daughter might love one!
This is what we got, hope it helps:
https://shop4.porsche.com/australia/kids/plushtoy/wap0400050e/giant-motorsport-bear.pdds
Old 10-29-2018, 12:14 PM
MemPorsche
Track Day

Originally Posted by Evan L.

Mine arrived at the dealer, so I’m guessing the hold has been lifted. Might be a good time to check in with your SA!
Congratulations, mine is still in the HOUSTON port, there was a recall on select group of cayenne’s, so they are being held until parts arrive. Dealer can not provide me any specific info on the recall.

Quick Reply: Delivery Date