Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 02:23 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
Kawi N,
Tell me about the Cayenne you drove at the Atlanta PEC. I assume it was a base model. Did it have PASM, PDCC, RAS, etc? I'm curious because you thought it drove very well with good cornering. Thanks

Hi porscherex,

It was a base. I believe it had PASM, PDCC, PSCBs and Sport Chrono. I do not think it had RAS. I have to confess that I was so stoked about driving it that I might not have retained much about the options on the car! My comparisons for the cornering are my Sierra HD, my wife’s Wrangler and, at work, a Tahoe or an Explorer ( I’m 6’3” so I don’t really drive the diminutive Sky very much!). So maybe my expectations are low but, damn, it was like it was on rails.

I’ll email my coach and see if I can get a more definite answer for you.

Cheers!
Old 11-13-2018, 08:34 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Kai N.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:34 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I thought PEC wasn’t getting the 2019 model until early 2019? That’s what they told us back in September when we inquired.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:42 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
I thought PEC wasn’t getting the 2019 model until early 2019? That’s what they told us back in September when we inquired.

When I made the reservations in September the lady said she did not think they’d have them. Imagine our surprise when we got there and they had the 2019s, even one in my wife’s car’s color, Biscay Blue!

We were very pleasantly surprised.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Kai N
Intermediate

Kawi N,
Tell me about the Cayenne you drove at the Atlanta PEC. I assume it was a base model. Did it have PASM, PDCC, RAS, etc? I'm curious because you thought it drove very well with good cornering. Thanks
This info just in from Porsche Experience Center ATL;

The 2019 Cayennes we drove were base models. They had Sport Chrono Package, PASM, ACC, and PSCB. They didn’t have Adaptive Air Suspension, PDCC, or RAS.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:59 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

How noticeable was the sports chrono package vs not, just more responsiveness?
Old 11-14-2018, 11:14 PM
Kai N
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
How noticeable was the sports chrono package vs not, just more responsiveness?
Not sure. While I imagine we drove it both ways, I don’t rememebr comparing it one way from the other. Guess I’ll have to go back and drive some more!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:19 AM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I didnt like the SC package on the S, Sport + mode was overkill, it revved too high and held gears for too long, even after letting off the gas pedal, I had to soften the air suspension since it was horrible on Sport +, not my cup of tea on this car. I did notice that throttle response on Sport+ was very similar to Sport mode, that tune was spot on in the S and Base.
On the other hand the dashboard looked naked without the clock so I ordered the cheap compass instead.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:44 AM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Kai N
This info just in from Porsche Experience Center ATL;

The 2019 Cayennes we drove were base models. They had Sport Chrono Package, PASM, ACC, and PSCB. They didn’t have Adaptive Air Suspension, PDCC, or RAS.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. That is good news that the car drove so well with just PASM and no PDCC. My car, which we'll be getting any day now, is a base with PASM and PSCB. Most of us know by now but I'll repeat, the base is the only Cayenne that does not have PASM as standard. I think it is a must option for the base model to get the better handling.
How were the PSCBs?

Last edited by porscherex; 11-15-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Thank you. That is good news that the car drove so well with just PASM and no PDCC. My car, which we'll be getting any day now, is a base with PASM and PSCB. Most of us know by now but I'll repeat, the base is the only Cayenne that does not have PASM as standard. I think it is a must option for the base model to get the better handling.
How were the PSCBs?
The PSCBs were kinda like deploying a parachue. We used the launch control feature to get going as fast as we could get and then Mashed the brake pedal as far down as it would go. The car tracked straight with no pulling and no skidding or screeching of the tires. I felt that the brakes were at that perfect spot where any more would cause the tires to break free, any less would reduce brake effectiveness.

While on the road track, we pretty much were alternating full throttle and full brake. When we do this in our annual (ish) precision driving refresher at work, I have always experienced brake fade regardless of what I was driving; the old Caprice Classics or Crown Vics (sigh) or the newer Chargers, Tahoes or Explorers. There was absolutely no brake fade in the PSCBs. I tried to induce it but it would not fade and the car simply stopped every time. I did not feel ther chatter of anti-lock brakes like in most cars, it was just a smooth, rapid deceleration.

I wish we had anted up the extra $$ for at least the PSCBs, if not PASM, but we were kinda maxing out our comfort level dollar wise! Maybe after a few more raises.....

Congrats on yor imminent delivery. Ours is out of tracking range on the Sien Cicero somewhere west of Tangier and I refuse to pony up $110 to get the “Satellite Updated” location on marinetraffic.com The last update had it making about 15 knots. Paddle harder lads!

Cheers,
Kai N
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 PM
porscherex
Pro

Thanks Kai N for the info. Best of luck with yours.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:31 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Thanks Kai N for the info. Best of luck with yours.
Youre welcone amigo, I’m happy to share my enthusiasm!

Safe driving.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:24 PM
MemPorsche
Track Day

My cayenne was finally released from the Houston Port today, it has been held hostage since 9/30 due to the seat belt recall! Hopefully it will arrive in Memphis in the next couple of days!
Old 11-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Simran Ahluwalia
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone riding on the Viking Queen

I just checked Marine Traffic, and looks like this ship is late by two days? Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
Old 11-17-2018, 01:50 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by MemPorsche
My cayenne was finally released from the Houston Port today, it has been held hostage since 9/30 due to the seat belt recall! Hopefully it will arrive in Memphis in the next couple of days!
Hey, that's great. I'd have been going crazy as it sat there for six weeks.

I think our Turbo took your place. It just floated into Houston a few days ago. Now the wait begins. Anybody know where I can slip the EPA $10?

Quick Reply: Delivery Date