Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 05:16 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
I found it interesting that the settlement package was dated May 30. VW basically waited a week to send the email. I guess they are simulating snail mail speed?
Probably just the date legal approved the document and they didn't put in a live date field. No big deal... mountains and mole hills and all.

Originally Posted by TXCayenne
2) Where is the Bosch settlement update? I understand that all of the paperwork that we are submitting for the Porsche settlement is also forwarded to Bosch and we do not need to do anything else. There are no updates on Bosch site since I registered last month?
I'm wondering about the Bosch settlement, too, and how that'll work.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:23 PM
TXCayenne
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just spoke with Bosch. Only had to wait about 5 minutes.

Bosch confirmed that they are already making payments on a "rolling basis". From what I understood, as folks submit their acceptance of the Porsche settlement papers, those documents will pass through to your Bosch file and they (Bosch) will pay you directly.

Not sure what the timing is and the person that I spoke with was not sure as to how to predict what the timing was once VW/Porsche approved settlement paperwork?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:37 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Thanks for checking!
Old 06-08-2017, 05:44 PM
TXCayenne
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to help. This forum has been helpful from my standpoint.

Still concerned as to what the repair will be and what effects (if any) the fix will have on performance and MPH. I am concerned about performance (torque especially).

It was interesting to read somewhere that the fix that VW submitted for later model 2.0 liters was approved. Just have not see any reporting in what effect that fix has on those cars.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:52 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Probably just the date legal approved the document and they didn't put in a live date field. No big deal... mountains and mole hills and all.

I'm wondering about the Bosch settlement, too, and how that'll work.
Of course it is not a big deal. Just posting to show that it actually does not take them that long to approve a claim, unlike what an earlier post stated (20 days). VW may just be emailing packages as a batch
Old 06-08-2017, 06:21 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

I received the email settlement also but have to deal with it when I return to the US end of the month..
Old 06-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
I just got an email about a half hour ago from the claims portal that my settlement package is ready to download.
Originally Posted by skiahh
Same here.
Me too.

Yes, just got our emailed settlement package as well.

So a few questions for the forum:

1) You have to set an appointment? Is that on the phone or do you have to take your Cayenne in for inspection?

2) Where is the Bosch settlement update? I understand that all of the paperwork that we are submitting for the Porsche settlement is also forwarded to Bosch and we do not need to do anything else. There are no updates on Bosch site since I registered last month?
The appointment is for when you have a fix.

No additional paperwork for Bosch.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:23 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

Got final approval for my Q5 about a week after sending in notarized documents. Set up the appt on July 5- they have to see the vehicle in person and then you get the first half of the settlement... from everything I've read the Bosch payment will be automatic if you've done all the other stuff thru VW.

( was at the Omaha dealer last week to get the 993 alignment done and they have 4 CD's sitting out back covered in dust- been there forever- no protection on dash etc and filthy... somebody hopefully will get a good deal on one of those SOMEDAY...)
Old 06-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

The process was fairly efficient for me. From the submission of documents til offer it was maybe a week or so. Everything was accepted and I have a July 5 date to finalize the buyback of my Gen 1 Touareg at a local VW dealer. I've already bought the replacement, a 2014 Cayenne GTS with only 7k miles. I am loving the sound and performance of that V8!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:06 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Current Status: Audit Eligibility Review Complete
Your claim is eligible for the Settlement. Volkswagen will begin working on your offer package.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:27 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

Mark- I'm thinking in a year or so, after getting the second half of the payment, of replacing the Q5 (which I love, especially with the diesel) with a CPO'ed 1-2 year old GTS... a little extra room etc will be nice. We always loved our first gen Cayenne S and wouldn't get one without air suspension.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:29 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Still concerned as to what the repair will be and what effects (if any) the fix will have on performance and MPH. I am concerned about performance (torque especially).
The way I am looking at it, if the hit is too big, the payout will cover the added depreciation and we will get a non diesel one, but I'm really hoping we don't get hit and can keep this one.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Mark- I'm thinking in a year or so, after getting the second half of the payment, of replacing the Q5 (which I love, especially with the diesel) with a CPO'ed 1-2 year old GTS... a little extra room etc will be nice. We always loved our first gen Cayenne S and wouldn't get one without air suspension.

Hi Skl,

I test drove the Macan and Macan S. I liked everything about them except not practical enough for me. The Cayenne has enough space to haul stuff to and from our RV storage place for our occasional weekend camping outings.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM
pieter97
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

My VW claim / 2015 Cayenne D, came back wit this:

"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer."

I assume it's the same for everyone?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:05 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Today I got the offer letter today, had it notarized and did the upload. ( days from submitting my title and license ).

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue