Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Cayenne Diesel Oil Leak Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 07:50 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m the second that I know that is on multiples. The other is on his 3rd. Both performed at the same dealer. Not sure if the same tech.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:37 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Can someone please explain exactly what leaks on the diesel. I am dealing with the issue and have been told it has to be dripping for POA to authorize warrantee repair. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:00 PM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reneeweiss
Can someone please explain exactly what leaks on the diesel. I am dealing with the issue and have been told it has to be dripping for POA to authorize warrantee repair. Thanks.
Not sure what, exactly, is leaking - but there is NO mistake when it does.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:03 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

No oil in driveway but oil on bottom engine covers, dealer cleaned engine and could not detect where the oil is coming from. Doesn't seem to loose oil between oil changes at 5k or so.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:54 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

Here's pics from my Service Writer when they found mine...

Old 12-28-2022, 06:06 PM
terryb
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

My 2014 CD with 60k miles was just approved for the Rear Main Seal replacement. I first noticed the rear of the motor was weeping a little during an oil change earlier this year. Took it to the dealer and they cleaned it up and added some dye to the oil and told me to come back after driving it. Took a long time to get another appointment and during that time I towed the race car to the track and two drives from SoCal to Bay Area and back. It was time to change my oil again and I noticed there were now some drips forming and a few drops were in the undertray. Porsche Carlsbad approved the fix, I just need to find a time that will work between track towing duties.

So while the engine is out, are there recommendations for other things to preemptively fix? I see in a few other posts in this thread that lots of other seals were replaced under warranty. Is this standard practice or does one need to ask for this?
Old 06-07-2023, 06:51 PM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by terryb
My 2014 CD with 60k miles was just approved for the Rear Main Seal replacement. I first noticed the rear of the motor was weeping a little during an oil change earlier this year. Took it to the dealer and they cleaned it up and added some dye to the oil and told me to come back after driving it. Took a long time to get another appointment and during that time I towed the race car to the track and two drives from SoCal to Bay Area and back. It was time to change my oil again and I noticed there were now some drips forming and a few drops were in the undertray. Porsche Carlsbad approved the fix, I just need to find a time that will work between track towing duties.

So while the engine is out, are there recommendations for other things to preemptively fix? I see in a few other posts in this thread that lots of other seals were replaced under warranty. Is this standard practice or does one need to ask for this?
How far are they making you drive?

I brought my car in Feb and they saw it was leaking. I brought my car back in yesterday (loaner available) and now they are telling me I need to come get my car back and drive 2000 miles. They say they are going to clean the oil on the exterior and add something to detect the leak.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:15 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

They put the 'dye' in mine too and they drove it about 100 miles but could not find the leak. They told me to take the car home and drive it more, they also found an air bag sensor bad and had to order the part. I then got a call to schedule the fix of the leaks. I have a hunch that the dealer I use knows where these diesels leak so they will fix it. What I could see on the last oil change when I was at the indy looked like the rear seal was leaking. I'm curious what others are having them replace since the motor is already out for these fixes. The biggest scheduling problem is them having a loaner car for me to use. Last time they gave me a Panamera that I didn't like- too many electronic gizmos. When they did the diesel gate fix they gave me a Boxster that I liked other than so little leg room.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:47 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Replace timing chain guides and possibly timing chain if any stretch is noticed

I complained of the two second “ timing chain rattle” at startup when the did my Full Re Seal under warranty.
i convinced Porsche to replace worn Timing chain guides.request ( demand) a set of detailed photos of the plastic timing chain guides. Get those replaced for free, if not just pay for the 15 min of labor plus parts while they are in there..
Old 06-08-2023, 03:16 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info. Mine doesn't rattle but I only have about 65k on my 2013. I wonder if others have had that issue of the worn timing chain guides? I see that you are in the Bay Area, can you share which dealer you use- I go to Rockland for my major stuff. Thanks,

Last edited by reneeweiss; 06-08-2023 at 03:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wineguy94920 (01-24-2024)
Old 06-10-2023, 09:36 AM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Because the car had the emission fix, the extended emissions warranty covers the complete drivetrain including timing chain cover leaks.
is this is writing somewhere? I had the coolant leak and they denied the claim. I went to PCNA and they also said no. Our Cayenne is in the shop now for diesel smell in cabin and oil leaks. 1 hour to diagnose each item, $239.00 x2, out of my pocket if the problems are determined to be not covered by warranty. I have read about these items supposedly being covered by warranty, but I have my doubts based on previous experience. Our “Dieselgate” warranty is up July 2nd so we are hesitant/debating should we sell or keep.

Last edited by merbesfield; 06-10-2023 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:09 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

I think if you google diesel fix you will be able to find the settlement documents that, as far as I remember, covers the entire motor and drive train. I think some of the porsche dealers are wanting you to pay out of pocket because more money for them since they don't get paid as much by pcna for warranty repairs.
Old 06-11-2023, 08:38 PM
bobbyp
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 100 Posts

Final settlement booklet:
https://www.porschecourtsettlement.c..._2-1_FINAL.pdf

The following users liked this post:
vwbrd (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 10:11 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting. I think there may be more details in the court settlement documents.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:52 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's my situation; 2013 Cayenne Diesel approaching 150,000 miles. Service advisor made these notes in addition to an oil compartment leak. I never had the Diesel Emissions fix, because I didn't want to sacrifice the performance and fuel economy-- but now, the turbo is failing. Would having the fix performed now correct those components and/ or provide any warranty coverage?? Love the PIG and don't want to get rid of it... have kept it in great shape with regular dealer serviced oil changes every 5000 miles.

Any advice, greatly appreciated!

FOUND TURBO FAILING BOOST TEST AND PRESSURE SESNOR

FOR CYLINDER PRESSURE READING IMPLAUSIBLE. 100 RAN VAL

FAULTS. P0087 FUEL HIGH PRESSURE TO LOW NON-ACTIVE. P0401

EGR THROUGHPUT TO LOW NON-ACTIVE=EGR PASSES AT THIS TIME.

P13E6 SENSOR FOR CYLINDER PRESSURE IMPLAUSIBLE=FAILS SHORT

TEST. ALSO RAN SHORT TEST FOR TURBOCHARGER DUE TO SHUDDER OR

LACK OF POWER FROM STOPS=SYSTEM FAILS. TURBO NOT BOOSTING

HIGH ENOUGH. RECOMMEND REPLACING TURBO AND CYLINDER PRESSURE

SENSOR. ADDITIONAL WORK MAY BE REQUIRED DUE TO AGE OF

VEHICLE WITH BOLTS ETC BEING RUSTED OR SEIZED UP.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne Diesel Oil Leak Question