Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

oddly it’s posts like this one that made me pull the trigger on a used CD

love the ride and their extended warranty just put the icing on the cake
Old 11-14-2019, 05:33 PM
d7101
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 14 CD is in the shop now for this fix, under warranty, has been in for 2 weeks so far, and is predicted to be another 3 as the parts needed (timing chain cover) is back-ordered throughout north america and thus must come from Germany.

Brand new Macan loaner, which is nice, but still missing the CD
Old 11-14-2019, 07:08 PM
MajorPain
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do we know if they had to adjust timing (programming etc.)on our CD’s due to the emissions fix? My timing chains rattle on start for about 1-2 seconds. If they did, this may be why they are willfully covering under warranty. Just a thought but I could be way off.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:14 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I had timing cover leak fixed in the last six months. No Problems other than I had to drive a Macan for a month. I have to agree that I missed my diesel almost immediately when I got into that small car.

I talked to them about changing the timing chain and tensioner‘s and even if I paid for it they would not do it during this job.

Hopefully your dealer is a little more understanding.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Mine is "seeping", which isn't enough to authorize the repair, but it's going to get to that point fairly soon I'd imagine. I first noticed some residue on the engine at the 80k oil change. I cleaned it up, and at the 85k change, it was back, so I brought it in to be evaluated. Hopefully I can get it done before I need the Cayenne to tow something again in the spring!
With any luck the tensioner rattle will become consistent enough that they can do both at once... I worry about pulling the drivetrain any more than necessary.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:49 PM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Bought my 2013 in December. The bumper to bumper warranty was up 5 months later. With 20 days left of the bumper to bumper, I went looking for the leak and found it, was not sure if it would be covered under the extended warranty so I wanted to take a look. I was told it would have been covered.

The dealership was fantastic, but they had the car for 3 months. I was the first one they did, and apparently it can leak from 6 places and mine was leaking from 5 of them, and they ran into a ton of issues. For three months I drove a 125K Panamera Gran Turismo (in theory great, but I bought the Cayenne to tow my track car, which I ended up having to drive to two events since I could not tow).

The repair was 6 pages of parts, and apparently $28K (I paid $26K for the car). They really took care of me by doing some other things to the car, and a few weeks after I got it back, I got $1,000 in Porsche gift cars

The following 2 users liked this post by Kris Murphy:
blockhed (03-03-2022), sayyonee19 (01-09-2020)
Old 11-15-2019, 11:17 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Congratulations on the warranty coverage. Is the job done?

I ran a 2011 3.0TDI Touareg 238k miles, then sold it back to VW. The base engine was going strong, however the diesel accoutrements were troublesome. DPF, DEF, EGR, and NOX hardware. If the vehicle has had the emissions fix, and you get the oil leak fixed, it has the capability to run 300k miles.

I recommend changing the tranmission oil. My transmission, the Aisin 8 speed, started shifting weird around 150k miles. Slipping every now and then, and hard shifting/slamming every now and then. I asked the dealer to change the oil at 120k miles, and was given the "sealed for life" nonsense. I wasn't as schooled then as I am now, regarding transmission oil changes. So have the oil changed, and ignore anything the dealer tells you about it not being a good idea.

The Aisin is a great box, but needs the oil changed to operate much more than 200k miles, as most transmissions do.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
Bought my 2013 in December. The bumper to bumper warranty was up 5 months later. With 20 days left of the bumper to bumper, I went looking for the leak and found it, was not sure if it would be covered under the extended warranty so I wanted to take a look. I was told it would have been covered.

The dealership was fantastic, but they had the car for 3 months. I was the first one they did, and apparently it can leak from 6 places and mine was leaking from 5 of them, and they ran into a ton of issues. For three months I drove a 125K Panamera Gran Turismo (in theory great, but I bought the Cayenne to tow my track car, which I ended up having to drive to two events since I could not tow).
By chance, Wilkes-barre? My SA mentioned they had a 2013 Cayenne in there that was "leaking from...well, pretty much everywhere, in for a full re-seal"
Old 01-07-2020, 02:18 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Well, I had my CD in to my indy VAG diesel mechanic today for an oil change and he sent me pics of rear seal oil leaks. So now I've got to figure out if I want to go back to the dealer I bought it from 30 miles across town or the one just up the road 10 miles away but have no history with yet?
Old 01-09-2020, 04:03 AM
sayyonee19
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vwbrd
Well, I had my CD in to my indy VAG diesel mechanic today for an oil change and he sent me pics of rear seal oil leaks. So now I've got to figure out if I want to go back to the dealer I bought it from 30 miles across town or the one just up the road 10 miles away but have no history with yet?
Hi, What year is your CD and did you buy it from a 3rd party dealer? Does it have any factory or Extended emissions warranty left?

I bought a 2015 CPO CD in Oct and immediately they had to fix a Rear Main Seal on it as it was leaking oil like crazy. Had to drop the Engine and transmission out. I obviously didn't pay anything but the bill was around $8k.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:39 AM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sayyonee19
Hi, What year is your CD and did you buy it from a 3rd party dealer? Does it have any factory or Extended emissions warranty left?

I bought a 2015 CPO CD in Oct and immediately they had to fix a Rear Main Seal on it as it was leaking oil like crazy. Had to drop the Engine and transmission out. I obviously didn't pay anything but the bill was around $8k.
2014 and I bought it CPO last May from a Porsche dealer. It has 93k miles & will be covered, I just need to take it in.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:26 PM
lelandr
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all,

I just dropped the lower covers today on my wife's 2013 CD to change the oil (90k). To make all of you DIYers proud, my wife changed the oil herself, with only a little complaining about how hot the oil came out. But I digress...

We bought this in September, and I noticed that the bellhousing interface is pretty covered in oil.

Do I understand this thread (and the others that I found) correctly that this is covered under warranty, or are there conditions for this? As best I can tell, the first two owners have maintained this exclusively at various Porsche dealers. It's got all of the dieselgate upgrades, yadda, yadda. I usually do these things myself, but if the dealer will do it, that's much better. Is there anything that someone can out to me which I can show to the dealer as "this is a YOU problem."

So far, we love this car, and it's really clean under except the bellhousing. If it just had a manual...
The following users liked this post:
vntperformance (03-14-2022)
Old 03-26-2020, 12:28 AM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lelandr
Hi all,
We bought this in September, and I noticed that the bellhousing interface is pretty covered in oil.

Do I understand this thread (and the others that I found) correctly that this is covered under warranty, or are there conditions for this?
I don’t think it’s covered unless you bought CPO. I had mine done in Feb & it was in for 10 days and they replaced PAGES of parts, mostly gaskets, bolts, fluids, etc. it’s an engine-out, transmission-out procedure.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:01 AM
lelandr
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, thanks. I had understood (or maybe misunderstood) from Vivaldi's and chsu74's posts that maybe it was covered under the dieselgate warranty. I will make a couple of phone calls to local dealers to see because it doesn't hurt to ask, but I'm content to let it seep if not covered.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:45 AM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by lelandr
Ok, thanks. I had understood (or maybe misunderstood) from Vivaldi's and chsu74's posts that maybe it was covered under the dieselgate warranty. I will make a couple of phone calls to local dealers to see because it doesn't hurt to ask, but I'm content to let it seep if not covered.
I have a 2013 that the extended bumper to bumper warranty expired at the end of this past May. Knowing it was expiring, I went looking for the leak and found it, and got it in before the warranty was over. They ended up having the car for three months.

Anyway, while it was in, I did ask them if it would have been covered by the 10 year emissions warranty. My dealer said yes, it would have been. There is wording in the 10 year warranty that indicates it covers the block and components which I guess this falls under.

Mine is now leaking again, and they are not so quick to fix it this time (telling me it is not leaking), so I am just doing a bunch of documentation.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne Diesel Oil Leak Question