Sponsored By:

2013 Cayenne Diesel Oil Leak Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 05:43 PM
lightemup67
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by supertreeman
Whats the year and mileage? Maybe warranty has expired? That stuff is clearly covered under the diselgate warranty as long as its with in the year and mileage limits.
2015 with 89,000 miles. Warranty is still valid until May 2025 and dealer confirmed that.

As an update: they continue to push back on the valve cover gasket, calling it a wear and tear item. They said that’s coming straight from Porsche. I’m having more luck with the turbo inlet valve coverage after talking to the head of service and the GM. Both agreed that it should be covered, but I’m still waiting on a final answer.

The valve cover gasket still bothers me, as many have said theirs were covered. There shouldn’t be ambiguous and varying coverage on this stuff. It’s crazy to me.

I continue the good fight though. One thing the dealer did admit was “we’re a new dealer, our warranty work gets scrutinized”. So obviously that’s the big issue. They’re scared to get their hand slapped by Porsche. BS customer service though.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Sure it gets scrutinized but everything is covered under the warranty according to the settlement. Wear and tear are related to things like wiper blades, tires and anything not mechanical as I understand. Keep up the 'good fight' it is a shame you have to go through this.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:07 PM
supertreeman
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep keep on trucking..Basically anything that fuel or oil touches is covered.
Old 03-10-2024, 11:43 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Since the dealer is new I wonder if they have the expertise to do the repairs you need. The whole front assembly has to come out.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:58 PM
lightemup67
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Incredible end to my saga - after way too much time and effort with the dealer and PCNA, I got a message that "the techs mistakenly fixed the leaks without authorization" and my car was ready to be picked up. I was told the turbo inlet hose had been approved under warranty (after I discovered that it was never originally submitted for coverage), but the valve cover was still a no. However, there was a miscommunication and the techs fixed both. I'm unsure whether this was a CYA move, goodwill, or truly a mistake from the dealer, but I found it comical.

I'm glad my leaks are fixed and it didn't come out of my pocket. I won't be returning to Porsche of Downtown Chicago again. The extra 45 minute drive north would have saved me hours of frustrating work.
Old 03-14-2024, 04:43 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear that it got fixed! Could have been a mistake. Some dealers pay their techs by the job so they rush others are salaried so they take more time to make sure it is right. I abandoned my original dealer and now drive about 90 miles when I have to get something big done, otherwise indy. My dealer is great and they just moved about 30 mile closer too.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne Diesel Oil Leak Question