Sponsored By:

What did you do to your 958 today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 07:25 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatTaFuk
Did paint correction today. Car really needed it. Now just need to decide on new shoes 🤔

Looks great... And you're garage is so clean your tools are almost invisible.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:29 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

I'm finishing up the light stands I made so I can work on the cars in the evening. So I'm not working in the blazing heat.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:25 PM
GoatTaFuk
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Looks great... And you're garage is so clean your tools are almost invisible.
haha I took it to a new detailer that I’ve been meaning to try out. I know next to nothing about detailing except basic wash and clay bar.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkHorseMC
i'll have to try and get some video right next to the exhaust, but under acceleration, a bit more smoke than I had expected...

https://youtu.be/YUEVOGIQrYI
You Coal Rolling MFer!! I love it!! I’m showing my buddies at work and they didn’t believe it!!
The following users liked this post:
DarkHorseMC (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 08:42 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatTaFuk
Did paint correction today. Car really needed it. Now just need to decide on new shoes 🤔

Holy cow that car looks great.
The following users liked this post:
DarkHorseMC (08-11-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 01:25 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

Have piglet a bath. Since the paint correction and ceramic coating it really looks wonderful in both sunlight and unnatural light. Just need to get the tires shined up...

Old 08-13-2020, 01:27 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
Have piglet a bath. Since the paint correction and ceramic coating it really looks wonderful in both sunlight and unnatural light. Just need to get the tires shined up...

Turned out great. Did you ceramic coat it yourself?
Old 08-13-2020, 01:36 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Turned out great. Did you ceramic coat it yourself?
Thank you, and no, I had a professional do it. I've tried it before , and the results were somewhat mixed lol. Today when I washed it, it only needed a pre-soak, a foam wash, and then a high pressure rinse and all the dirt was lifted off it. I last washed it about two weeks ago, so it makes cleaning much easier.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:40 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

No, I had a professional do it. I've tried it before , and the results were somewhat mixed lol. Today when I washed it, it only needed a pre-soak, a foam wash, and then a high pressure rinse and all the dirt was lifted off it. I last washed it about two weeks ago, so it makes cleaning much easier.
I would like to ceramic coat my car. I did the paint correction (could probably use a touch up in a few places). There are just so many to choose from I don't even know where to begin. And each has there own special application systems.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:15 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

I would like to ceramic coat my car. I did the paint correction (could probably use a touch up in a few places). There are just so many to choose from I don't even know where to begin. And each has there own special application systems.
My research has led me to feel that the individual preparing the car is just as important or even more important than the product. I didn't stress over which product to ask for, but found a trusted detailer who does a lot of high-end cars with very exacting clients, and used him for the job. We will see how long it lasts, and there is some 'maintenance' required to prolong the life of the coating but so far so good. Where are you based? I was in Portland OR when I got the work done.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:20 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

My research has led me to feel that the individual preparing the car is just as important or even more important than the product. I didn't stress over which product to ask for, but found a trusted detailer who does a lot of high-end cars with very exacting clients, and used him for the job. We will see how long it lasts, and there is some 'maintenance' required to prolong the life of the coating but so far so good. Where are you based? I was in Portland OR when I got the work done.
I'm in so cal. So I'm sure there are plenty of places around. I would like to do it myself.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:39 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

I'm in so cal. So I'm sure there are plenty of places around. I would like to do it myself.
I just moved to Long Beach There's lots of videos online with tutorials but prepping the surface of the car for the coating seems to be the most labor intensive part. Stripping all the dirt and contaminants off the paint, and then performing a paint correction and polish. Whatever you end up doing with the paint correction and polish will get locked in by the coating.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 35 Posts

Love these mirrors. Do yo have a link where you sourced them?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
Swapped out my painted side mirrors to OEM Porsche Exclusive Carbon Fiber. Also swapped out my black handles for OEM Porsche Carbon Fiber handles.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:59 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Ceramic coating, do not do it yourself. There is a learning curve and it's best not to attack that curve on your own vehicle. If you apply the coating wrong, you'll have to polish it off with a DA and yellow or orange pad with some heavy cut. It's no joke.

Also, the environment needs to be cean and dust free. It's best to pay the $1,000 to $3,000 to someone to get it done.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:59 PM
GoatTaFuk
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Matt O.;16700462]Haven't installed yet, but finally got my new summer wheels. Replicas, but a good replica. Waiting on TPMS to come in the mail, then the P-Zeros get installed (hopefully this week).

Nice! How did you order from them? Send them an email but they don’t seem to respond.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 958 today?