Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018 | 12:02 PM
jtakhtalian
Instructor

Originally Posted by sprfrkr

Beginning with Durametric version 6, Durametric supports the Coding and Command Console features. These features are included with the Professional kits only.
  • The Coding feature provides for the ability to enable or disable predefined features in the car such as airbags, daytime running lights, cruise control, and the rear spoiler where applicable.
    The Command Console feature is a means of communicating with the control units using very low-level communications. This feature is very seldom used.
I believe there is a difference between resetting the airbag light and coding it to turn on or off. The Durametric Enthusiast version will be able to reset the airbag light if that's what you're attempting to do. In fact it will reset just about any code that pops up. But if you were trying to do things like recalibrate your air suspension settings and such, then you would need the Pro version. I have the Enthusiast for my 958 and it works fine for these kinds of things.
Old 11-01-2018 | 09:09 PM
95_993
Race Car

Originally Posted by jtakhtalian
I believe there is a difference between resetting the airbag light and coding it to turn on or off. The Durametric Enthusiast version will be able to reset the airbag light if that's what you're attempting to do. In fact it will reset just about any code that pops up. But if you were trying to do things like recalibrate your air suspension settings and such, then you would need the Pro version. I have the Enthusiast for my 958 and it works fine for these kinds of things.
Thanks. Durametric confirmed the same today and indicated I should have no problem clearing the code.
Old 11-02-2018 | 06:44 PM
Jamescoop
Rennlist Member

I just got one of these -- couple questions since I now have to select all 10 softwares at first use

1) On android, the EZDiag app is not available -- is it now called the EasyDiag or X431_iDiag App? by Launch Tech Co.,Ltd.

2) Other than brands of vehicle, what is best software to download for the Cayenne?
2a) Any other handy for BMW, others?

Im thinking most useful: RESET OIL, RESET BMs (need to put new battery in F30 BMW), RESET BRAKE, RESET BLEED, ?? Thank you!

Thank you!

Last edited by Jamescoop; 11-02-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2018 | 10:24 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Jamescoop
I just got one of these -- couple questions since I now have to select all 10 softwares at first use

1) On android, the EZDiag app is not available -- is it now called the EasyDiag or X431_iDiag App? by Launch Tech Co.,Ltd.

2) Other than brands of vehicle, what is best software to download for the Cayenne?
2a) Any other handy for BMW, others?

Im thinking most useful: RESET OIL, RESET BMs (need to put new battery in F30 BMW), RESET BRAKE, RESET BLEED, ?? Thank you!

Thank you!
Things like "RESET OIL" - are actually better done with the specific function for the vehicle you're doing it on - using the car-brand software you've downloaded. IE _ Porsche software has a function for oil and service resets and reminders. Also has functions for adjusting the electronic parking brake, stuff like that. The special tools I found were pretty much worthless compared to the same function in the car brand software.
Old 11-04-2018 | 11:59 AM
67bmer
Instructor

I just got a check engine light and bought the ICarScan X431. Instructions are virtually nonexistant and it is not intuitive at all! Several times I had to press the opposite button to be able to proceed. How do I overcome these obstacles?

Old 11-04-2018 | 12:06 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by 67bmer
I just got a check engine light and bought the ICarScan X431. Instructions are virtually nonexistant and it is not intuitive at all! Several times I had to press the opposite button to be able to proceed. How do I overcome these obstacles?

This first message gives a clue - it's telling you that no bluetooth connection between the X431 dongle and your cellphone exists. That's step #1 in getting it to work. If your cellphone automatically connects to the PCM - turn the PCM off so it drops that connection. Then go into your cellphone's bluetooth menu and tell it to search for a device - and have the dongle plugged into the OBD-II port and the ignition ON. The dongle should show up as a long number that just happens to be the same as the unit's SN. Connect to it. I think "1111" or "1234" are the password code needed to connect. Once connected you have to make an account on the iCarScan servers, and likely an update will be downloaded to your dongle. Let the update complete. Then follow the non-existent instructions.. : rolleyes :
Old 11-04-2018 | 12:10 PM
jbse39
Instructor

Annoyingly, my EZDiag app now has some prompts in Chinese and I have to guess what they are.
Old 11-05-2018 | 02:50 PM
Jamescoop
Rennlist Member

What is the current name of the app for Android? EZDiag is not available on App store...

... is it now called the EasyDiag or X431_iDiag App? by Launch Tech Co.,Ltd.
Old 11-05-2018 | 09:45 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

I just downloaded
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2018 | 12:06 PM
Jamescoop
Rennlist Member

Heh, released on Nov 5, 2018 ... they must have had some issue and had it pulled, then just got it re-accepted. There are 10 downloads and no reviews...but thank you! I would not have kept checking.
Old 11-06-2018 | 12:40 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamescoop
Heh, released on Nov 5, 2018 ... they must have had some issue and had it pulled, then just got it re-accepted. There are 10 downloads and no reviews...but thank you! I would not have kept checking.

Also thought I would share this it works on my Cayenne....but does not fully work on my 997 Turbo.
Old 11-06-2018 | 12:42 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Happened to me a few times.

Make sure your phone is not pairing with the vehicle for music.

Originally Posted by 67bmer

Old 11-10-2018 | 05:52 PM
67bmer
Instructor

This iCarScan is a POS! Personally, I think the Cayenne is a POS too! I can NOT keep the water out of my passenger floorboards. Starting to think that it is coming in through the door seal.

according to their worthless instructions, there should be a green light. there NEVER is a green light, just a blue light, and a red light.
every time I use the New Version Diagnostic Software App it crashes - and I have the latest update, as well as the latest ios version.
when I use the Old Version Diagnostic Software App - I get E741 failed to obtain the activation code, please login and connect to the network and then try to obtain.
then you get the please enable Bluetooth and pair it to the golo box - already paired...

same results on my BMW which does not have any check engine lights, etc.

I will be returning it to Amazon.

Old 11-10-2018 | 06:51 PM
jbse39
Instructor

Yeah, I was prompted about the old version vs the new version of the software and like an idiot, I decided to download the new version (have been using old version for 1.5 years) and it would not pair with the hardware since the HW was already paired with the old version. I send product support email asking if I can move the HW to the new version, which I guess would require a new activation code, and they provided standard response and would not answer my question. I only use it for reseting service reminder on the 14 Cayenne Diesel, and find it almost useless, otherwise.
Old 11-11-2018 | 12:17 PM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Anyone else have this issue? wondering if this is particular to e-hybrid possibly. 2016 panamera s e-hybrid. i ran the full system scan (just to see if there were any open faults) and it faulted several of the systems so that i had to go back and clear all of the errors. i.e. it faulted headlights, pasm, etc., all of these things worked prior to the scan but not after the icarscan x431 faulted them. once i cleared them, everything worked again, but obviously this is a large issue since it pretty much makes the tool useless for anything other than resetting faults.
Trying to figure out if this is somehow user error, or more likely, this really isn't compatible with a panamera e-hybrid. I'm running out of days in the amazon return window, so any thoughts would be helpful?
Thank you,
Christian

Last edited by cbwinters01; 11-11-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.