Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 02:50 PM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nodoors,
you have to understand that intellectual property is very important to the Chinese and they would never want to do anything to screw copyright holders.

c
Old 05-10-2018, 04:47 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 05-12-2018, 05:42 PM
LarsCarrera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for one of these now.....and, I find several that say they are the ICarScan X431......but I find at least 3 or 4 different models. What does it "really" look like. I want to make certain that I get the correct tool.....
These two appear a lot:
\
Old 05-13-2018, 01:54 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Lars - very strange. In this thread - using Chrome (even after clearing the cache) - the image appears to be a stand-alone product - that is not iCarScan. But - if I go to quote your thread - the correct iCarScan images appear. Dunno what's up with that. Some bug...
Old 05-13-2018, 01:59 PM
deilenberger
Banned

That's iCarScan (hopefully this shows for everyone..) - Just checked - shows in Chrome and MS-Edge
Old 05-13-2018, 02:08 PM
LarsCarrera
Advanced

Originally Posted by deilenberger

That's iCarScan (hopefully this shows for everyone..) - Just checked - shows in Chrome and MS-Edge

The orange one I assume is the correct iCarScan?
Old 05-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Ifly951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful about the purchase. I bought one 2 months ago, and it works ok.

It cleared my service interval light, but can't clear my fog lights sign?

And it seems like if you choose the different preferences like service interval code, or say tppms it only clears it once. Then you have to purchase for $30 anything like it again. Bit hard to explain, but those who have these newer ones know what I mean.

And if anyone knows how to clear "check fog lights" .I would be grateful.

At least it's not too expensive. Or is that the problem...
Old 05-13-2018, 02:49 PM
LarsCarrera
Advanced

Thanks Ifly...... I just bought one for $245. I will use it on my 996 but.....I really need it for a Cayenne Turbo that I just bought. It definitely has some "Ghosts in the machine".....throwing lots of codes. Runs....but that's about all. We'll see.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:58 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Ifly951
Be careful about the purchase. I bought one 2 months ago, and it works ok.

It cleared my service interval light, but can't clear my fog lights sign?

And it seems like if you choose the different preferences like service interval code, or say tppms it only clears it once. Then you have to purchase for $30 anything like it again. Bit hard to explain, but those who have these newer ones know what I mean.

And if anyone knows how to clear "check fog lights" .I would be grateful.

At least it's not too expensive. Or is that the problem...
I have no idea what you mean. The one shown here comes with the 5 manufacturer software download ability - or perhaps it's been expanded to 10 manufacturers now. The downloads cost nothing at all. ZIP, Bupkiss.. you can download updates to the software for one year after it's installed. Again - no cost. After 1 year there is an option to renew your manufacturer subscription and download the latest version. For a cost. Dunno if that's a good deal or not - because in some cases the update is just for newer models that came out since the original software was downloaded.

Color me confused on your comments. And what is the problem with your brake fog lights? If they're working there should be no message on the dash. If you've installed LED bulbs (why?) then chances are you'll have to live with the dash message about forever unless you can find a dummy-load resistor so the Gateway thinks a halogen bulb is installed.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a PIWIS 2 clone? Can you PM me?
I am looking at something that would help me bleed the ABS system and activate a rear view camera in my 2008 Cayenne.
The Autel DS808/Durametric Pro/Launch...etc. do not seem to handle this procedure for the Cayenne. All of these cost around $700 to $800. That is pretty much the price of a PIWIS 2 Clone...
Cheers,
Old 05-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Ifly951
Instructor

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I have no idea what you mean. The one shown here comes with the 5 manufacturer software download ability - or perhaps it's been expanded to 10 manufacturers now. The downloads cost nothing at all. ZIP, Bupkiss.. you can download updates to the software for one year after it's installed. Again - no cost. After 1 year there is an option to renew your manufacturer subscription and download the latest version. For a cost. Dunno if that's a good deal or not - because in some cases the update is just for newer models that came out since the original software was downloaded.

Color me confused on your comments. And what is the problem with your brake fog lights? If they're working there should be no message on the dash. If you've installed LED bulbs (why?) then chances are you'll have to live with the dash message about forever unless you can find a dummy-load resistor so the Gateway thinks a halogen bulb is installed.
I bought it 2months ago, so it's not old and should not need updating, but I can check for giggles.

I also was not referring to the picking of 5-10 or however many vehicle makes. It's the 4 choices after that , from I believe 8 that you can choose. 1 of them being service code interval. Another is tppms, and so on. I already stated this. It's not that confusing. When you use 1 of these it appears to be a 1 time freebie. Otherwise you pay after that. They do not tell you this before purchasing.

Brake fog light is not something I typed. But I said that my check fog lights has come on. It's from turning the dial and they came on then briefly went out and back on. They work fine though, but threw that warning. I can try again for the 3rd time, but this thing does not seem to have the ability to clear it. I have not changed any bulbs.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Douglas61
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ifly951
I bought it 2months ago, so it's not old and should not need updating, but I can check for giggles.

I also was not referring to the picking of 5-10 or however many vehicle makes. It's the 4 choices after that , from I believe 8 that you can choose. 1 of them being service code interval. Another is tppms, and so on. I already stated this. It's not that confusing. When you use 1 of these it appears to be a 1 time freebie. Otherwise you pay after that. They do not tell you this before purchasing.

Brake fog light is not something I typed. But I said that my check fog lights has come on. It's from turning the dial and they came on then briefly went out and back on. They work fine though, but threw that warning. I can try again for the 3rd time, but this thing does not seem to have the ability to clear it. I have not changed any bulbs.
I also have an iCarScan but didn't manage to find a way to clear the service message either. It would be nice if they have a manual or FAQ page somewhere for reference.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:17 AM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Update on my iCarScan problems, it's been back an forth with them and it's working now. They released new apps and I have to select the car model manually but it works on iOS. On the plus side, they seem keen on providing support so thumbs up there.

edit: my iCarScan is exactly the same as Don's, orange.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:31 AM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

iCanScan folks also gave me this list with supported vehicles and supported functions. Oil change reset is supported on the Cayennes up to 2014. I'll attach it here.

If someone finds this list in the future, bear in mind that it probably gets updated frequently so it's likely not authoritative any more.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Supported Vehicles_EN.xls (891.0 KB, 165 views)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Douglas61
I also have an iCarScan but didn't manage to find a way to clear the service message either. It would be nice if they have a manual or FAQ page somewhere for reference.
It's there - but I don't think in an immediately obvious place. It's either under Gateway or Instrument Cluster.. and then under special functions. I'd have to plug mine in to find it - but it's a bit late for that right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.