Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
What is everyone's version for Porsche? I'm stuck at version 21.80 and the app says there's no new update for it. It doesn't even have an option telling me there that is an update available that I could purchase.

Just curious because my x431 is up to version 23.50 and they have added a lot more features in the new version.
just checked my unit.... did an oil change and needed to reset it.
I have an iPhone and when I open EZdiag app it gives me two options for software. Old Porsche and new Porsche. Both work great still. Little different between the two. It updated the software and the firmware for both when I plugged it in for the service reset.
Old version is 22.20
New version is 23.20
Old 04-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 102 Posts

I'm at version 23.4 on my Android phone. I seem to recall having to reinstall the EZDiag app a couple months back -- there was a new version. Check the Apple / Play store for a new app.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:33 PM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I just downloaded the new version and attempted to run it. The new does not overwrite the old, but creates a new app. The problem is, that because of this, all the registration information is not transfered and I don't have the package the unit came in, which contains the needed activation code. Does anyone know how to either get the code or get around that?
Old 04-27-2019, 10:52 AM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Avec
I just downloaded the new version and attempted to run it. The new does not overwrite the old, but creates a new app. The problem is, that because of this, all the registration information is not transfered and I don't have the package the unit came in, which contains the needed activation code. Does anyone know how to either get the code or get around that?
i had the same problem, on iPhone. I tried their support and they were les than helpful, and said something to the effect of “run the right version”. I gave up on the newer version and just run the older version.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:47 PM
f266
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can this read the transmission temp on a 955? I don't see were it does in the EZdiag app.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

I dont have my OBD dongle nearby so I can't give specific instructions, but you should be able to find it in Tiptronic Control Module and then select Real Time Data. It should be in the list that pops up with that menu. Not that you are asking, but I believe, you can check up to 8 real time values to monitor simultaneously. That's useful when checking the ECU values (especially the rough running index for each cylinder).
Old 05-25-2019, 08:21 PM
f266
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brainz
I dont have my OBD dongle nearby so I can't give specific instructions, but you should be able to find it in Tiptronic Control Module and then select Real Time Data. It should be in the list that pops up with that menu. Not that you are asking, but I believe, you can check up to 8 real time values to monitor simultaneously. That's useful when checking the ECU values (especially the rough running index for each cylinder).
Thanks, the "Real Time Data" is called "Read Data Stream" for me.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Yep - - that sounds right. I was working from memory. Sounds like you got it.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:46 PM
redstack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to use the unit and when I tried to do a system scan and went to pick Toyota, dialogue said new version available. loaded it but it wouldn't install. Frustrated after several attempts I uninstalled EZDiag and reinstalled the app using the QR code. Reentered my password and email. During the process I had to allow unknown apps to be downloaded. Then the you have to give permission for the app to use the phone, 4 very scary yes boxes.
finally back to system scan for toyota and it said I had to buy the software again. Of course I freaked, but searching around at the system search page in the upper right hand corner is a small arrow. Clicked this and found the list of my initial vehicles, started updating them and so far I've gotten Porsche and Toyota to update. Again another popbox asking to download from an Unknown App, said yes. Mazda not yet and I'm trying Benz right now. Went to the Porsche box and it opened as I remembered.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:05 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by redstack
I went to use the unit and when I tried to do a system scan and went to pick Toyota, dialogue said new version available. loaded it but it wouldn't install. Frustrated after several attempts I uninstalled EZDiag and reinstalled the app using the QR code. Reentered my password and email. During the process I had to allow unknown apps to be downloaded. Then the you have to give permission for the app to use the phone, 4 very scary yes boxes.
finally back to system scan for toyota and it said I had to buy the software again. Of course I freaked, but searching around at the system search page in the upper right hand corner is a small arrow. Clicked this and found the list of my initial vehicles, started updating them and so far I've gotten Porsche and Toyota to update. Again another popbox asking to download from an Unknown App, said yes. Mazda not yet and I'm trying Benz right now. Went to the Porsche box and it opened as I remembered.
iPhone or Android?
Old 11-25-2019, 08:54 PM
rodtermaat
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good day. First post here. Somewhat confused. Do I want icarscan or icarsoft? I have a 2008 Cayenne base. The check engine light came on and I bought a OBD reader and received a p12a2. Went straight to the forums and found nothing helpful, but what I did find basically made me feel I could just ignore. Decided to investigate more and see that my cheap reader does not even give me valid Porsche codes. So bummer that I have been driving it this way for a month.

I would like to keep this little guy going for a few more miles, but like to DIY, or at the very least be informed. Any help is appreciated.

rod in Philadelphia
Old 11-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rodtermaat
Good day. First post here. Somewhat confused. Do I want icarscan or icarsoft? I have a 2008 Cayenne base. The check engine light came on and I bought a OBD reader and received a p12a2. Went straight to the forums and found nothing helpful, but what I did find basically made me feel I could just ignore. Decided to investigate more and see that my cheap reader does not even give me valid Porsche codes. So bummer that I have been driving it this way for a month.

I would like to keep this little guy going for a few more miles, but like to DIY, or at the very least be informed. Any help is appreciated.

rod in Philadelphia
icarscan is what I have. It does pretty much everything you could ever want. Ive used it on porsche, bmw, mini, Mazda and Ford. Learning curve isn’t easy but not too hard to figure out.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 564 Likes on 381 Posts

My icarscan has not worked well/consistently. Fortunately, it worked for what I bought it for, resetting adaptation and reading temp on transmission. Since then, it has failed to read modules on my Mercedes and 955. I have since bought dedicated Durametric and ICarsoft for Mercedes.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:38 AM
MarkGolf
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm a bit late to the party. Interested in trying this out on my iPhone..

Can it read the transmission temp to assist with ATF change?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:45 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 564 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkGolf
I'm a bit late to the party. Interested in trying this out on my iPhone..

Can it read the transmission temp to assist with ATF change?

Thanks!
Yes, that's what I bought it for and it worked great when I did my valve body and fluid change.
The following users liked this post:
MarkGolf (11-28-2019)

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.