9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 09:47 AM
Jonathan H
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Hand
its booked in to an auto electrician tomorrow morning so I will
see if they can sort it out. But what you have said makes sense. It gets power to the unit through the constant power and out of the unit with constant power just not the acc out of the unit to the canbus and Fiber optic decoder so there is something going on with the power supply 👍
I rewatched a couple of videos I made to remember how it's wired. https://photos.app.goo.gl/zeEWkQJHqs25tLz1A

​​​​​Now that you say it again, I did burn up a canbus one time while experimenting to get the factory backup camera to work.
I also sent a whole head unit back to China for an internal power supply issue.
Pop open the plastic casing of the canbus and take a good look at the board. See if it is burned anywhere.

Last edited by Jonathan H; 03-21-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:56 AM
Greg Hand
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I got it from seicane the can bus was wired incorrectly I had to move the bottom right wire to the last spot in the harness to get it to work properly none of the wheel key functions were working and that fixed the problem🤦‍♂️ I will look at the power at the main harness on and off first thing in the morning👍 Hopefully it’s just a power supply problem because dealing with seicane can be a bit tedious trying to get the correct information 😇 just thinking the canbus was quite warm to the touch! Hopefully that’s not the case of it being burned out 🤞🤞

Last edited by Greg Hand; 03-21-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:59 AM
Jonathan H
Rennlist Member

When I got it from seicane the can bus was wired incorrectly I had to move the bottom right wire to the last spot in the harness to get it to work properly none of the wheel key functions were working and that fixed the problem🤦‍♂️ I will look at the power at the main harness on and off first thing in the morning👍 Hopefully it’s just a power supply problem because dealing with seicane can be a bit tedious trying to get the correct information 😇
Oh wow that's a new one 😂 good luck. Report back with the fix or for more troubleshooting. You have me curious now
Old 03-21-2021, 10:07 AM
Greg Hand
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jonathan H
Oh wow that's a new one 😂 good luck. Report back with the fix or for more troubleshooting. You have me curious now
will se what they come up with tomorrow hopefully a quick fix I will also check the canbus because it was quite warm to the touch so hopefully it’s not burned out 🤞
Old 03-21-2021, 07:51 PM
Greg Hand
AutoX

will se what they come up with tomorrow hopefully a quick fix I will also check the canbus because it was quite warm to the touch so hopefully it’s not burned out 🤞
auto electrician said the canbus was stuffed however I pulled it apart and everything looks ok. No sign of burning to the circuit board so 🤔🤔 to your question about the main power harness constant power it puts out 12.20 ish when the ignition is on and about 12.9 ish when off. There is definitely no power from the acc from the head unit checked and nothing 🤔 I’m really at a loss as to why as I said all I did was pull it out and it just stopped working

Old 03-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Greg Hand
AutoX

auto electrician said the canbus was stuffed however I pulled it apart and everything looks ok. No sign of burning to the circuit board so 🤔🤔 to your question about the main power harness constant power it puts out 12.20 ish when the ignition is on and about 12.9 ish when off. There is definitely no power from the acc from the head unit checked and nothing 🤔 I’m really at a loss as to why as I said all I did was pull it out and it just stopped working

I found a new acc power outlet and used that to hot wire it and it works. So not the canbus but definitely a acc problem
Old 03-21-2021, 08:21 PM
Greg Hand
AutoX

However the canbus no longer allows the steering wheel buttons to operate and I have no information on the dash
Old 03-22-2021, 03:09 AM
Greg Hand
AutoX

However the canbus no longer allows the steering wheel buttons to operate and I have no information on the dash
what I need to know is does the head unit create the acc+ out through the unit via the red wire on the harness in this pic if so there’s nothing?? So there’s nothing to the canbus and nothing to the Fiber optic decoder and that’s why nothing turns on and only works when Hotwired bit when Hotwired I’d works without the canbus and obviously none of the steering wheel buttons work and dashboard info not present

Old 03-23-2021, 03:13 AM
Greg Hand
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jonathan H
the problem is with the head unit itself just doesn’t put out an acc+ tried the other harness they give you to see if it was a harness problem (a break in a wire ect) but it still doesn’t power up. Put the factory unit back in and it runs perfectly so I have contacted seicane to see if they will replace or repair 🤞🤞
Old 09-08-2022, 11:57 AM
chadw1
1st Gear

Default mic settings

is there a hidden setting to the mic settings i cant find any on my T8 head unit

Originally Posted by nodoors
Damn, sorry to hear that. My reverse camera video is becoming increasingly garbled. I just purchased a third camera to see if that might help solve the problem. The answer to your question is on the first post of this thread:

"USB Debugging is password protected.
Resolved: The password is "john@tw-desktop". Credit to @nikko82

What is the Factory Reset / Developer Options password?
Resolved: 7890

What is the Extra Settings password?
Resolved: 123456
Note: Do NOT change the resolution of the head unit. You will destroy your unit. However it is reversible.
"
Old 11-13-2022, 10:57 PM
gogobg
AutoX

A side question - will the stock GPS antenna (the blue fakra) work with the chinese android units?
Old 11-14-2022, 01:10 PM
sgtm7
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gogobg
A side question - will the stock GPS antenna (the blue fakra) work with the chinese android units?
I use the stock GPS antenna in my Jaguar with my Chinese android unit. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I don't see any reason why the one in the Cayenne wouldn't work. I didn't bother to try with the one in my Cayenne though. The antenna cable in my Jaguar runs all the way to right below the display, because the OEM navigation unit is combined with the built in DVD player that is right below the display. So it reaches the Android head unit with no problem. Isn't the navigation unit in the Cayenne underneath the passenger seat? Which would mean running a cable all the way from there to the head unit. Not worth it in my opinion. The GPSs antenna that comes with the head unit, does pretty good.

Last edited by sgtm7; 11-14-2022 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2022, 09:39 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

A side question - will the stock GPS antenna (the blue fakra) work with the Chinese android units?
Yes.

The following 2 users liked this post by thesteve:
gogobg (11-14-2022), myw (03-04-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 02:00 AM
amigo383
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I purchased the Android unit from China coming with a rear camera as a gift. But the screen has no guided red and green line to facilitate parking! Yes. Easy to install ...just follow the proper wiring.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:02 AM
Jonathan H
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amigo383
I purchased the Android unit from China coming with a rear camera as a gift. But the screen has no guided red and green line to facilitate parking! Yes. Easy to install ...just follow the proper wiring.
For my unit the parking lines were an option I had to turn on in settings

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review