Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice! Look forward to your report on the 4 channel box.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:52 PM
Dean Thomson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vandal968
I thought I should give a quick update about the canbus error. I finally spoke to the seller, I had been avoiding it, since I wanted to rule out as many things as possible first and there's a pretty strong language barrier. After some back and forth, they sent me new firmware to flash. It comes in two parts. To flash firmware, you copy the files onto a USB stick (despite the directions saying SD) and during the process, when the directions say to press any button, they mean the RESET button, which is the only mechanical button on my unit. It took some experimentation, but I got it all to update in about 30mins, error message now gone. It's been a couple of weeks since the update and I haven't noticed any other issues. YMMV.

cheers,
c
please can you send me a link to this update? I have the same problem

Old 03-21-2019, 08:55 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Thomson

please can you send me a link to this update? I have the same problem

Me too!
Old 03-21-2019, 10:09 PM
Shark1
AutoX

Originally Posted by VulcanGrey
Me too!
me too as well
Old 03-23-2019, 07:24 AM
Dean Thomson
4th Gear

Problem solved

works fine now, email me if you want the pdf with links

deanjamesthomson at hotmail dot com
Old 03-25-2019, 11:06 AM
CALMOTION
Track Day

Default BOOT LOGO

Boot Logo

anyone has set this to come up similar to default OEM setting

porsche logo first before stereo come on. The stereo is on right away so no Porsche Logo ever comes up.

Thanks

works fine now, email me if you want the pdf with links

deanjamesthomson at hotmail dot com
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-2019, 01:11 PM
CALMOTION
Track Day

Default GPS

GPS works with WiFi? Under MAPS entering the address ask to be online. I thought GPS should take over and require being online?
Old 03-26-2019, 02:18 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dalewydra

I ordered one of these 4-channel MOST adaptors from:
http://playauto.ru/products/adapter-...ka-most-amp-40

Will install it in the next few weeks and should have fader control. Will let you know how it goes if anyone is interested?
Anything to report on the 4 channel MOST adapter yet?
Old 03-26-2019, 02:44 PM
MKITGO2
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CTTS520
Anything to report on the 4 channel MOST adapter yet?
+1 .. waiting to hear on this
Old 03-29-2019, 05:58 PM
Shalz
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all,

Just bought a 957 '09 Diesel a while back, it's non-BOSE. Ordered one of the 9" Android units from AliExpress but I'm struggling to get sound from the unit (GPS, radio antenna etc works).

I don't have BOSE and no orange connector that I think others have identified as the Fibre Optic cable so I didn't order any MOST adapter - do I still need one?

Pictures of the Android unit connector, Cars wiring harness and back of original PCM unit below if it helps anyone guide me as at my wit's end. Connected the black FM FACRA unit only (no space/fitment for second antenna cable).

PS usefully, the car's GPS cable is FACRA so fit directly without having to use the aftermarket one.

Android connector harness

Vehicles connector to PCM what's the green one as no corresponding connection to PCM connector but has lots of wires coming out of it?

Back of my original PCM unit
Old 03-31-2019, 10:05 AM
Shark1
AutoX

Any knows where is the reset button. I don’t have sounds or most of the head unit functions no longer works

i cannot factor resets in the setting menu. The program crash, every time I try to run it
Old 06-28-2019, 02:20 AM
Acid467
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icspres
Guys,

Received and had mine professionally installed. I have a couple issues I'm hoping to get a clue on here. First, I've lost a good bit of volume. I seem to recall someone saying the bose amp needed to set all the way to one end when the system was installed to get the full volume. Can't find that post with a simple search of volume for some reason. The next issue is the sensitivity of the radio antenna, seems to have lost some reception. Anyone else? And third, my OBD2 module has an error, says I need to set up a profile. Sorry if dumb question, but how? Thanks in advance.
I have the same problem after installing the new android stereo the volume Compared to the original stock radio It's much lower did you find a fix for this
Old 06-28-2019, 03:15 AM
Acid467
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hgupta
Glad you took the plunge!

I think it was me that said that the volume needs to be set high and the EQ flat before removing the original system. I don't remember anymore where I read that, but I can tell you that my system gets very loud very quickly. I do not have a volume issue. It should only take them about 20 minutes to pop yours out, reconnect the old one, adjust the volume and then go back to the new one.

For the radio, dlmorris mentioned that the two diversity antennas need to be combined to one using a Y adapter.

ODB2 is working perfectly then! On Torque, the first thing to set up is the profile for you Cayenne. The software needs to know the weight and other aspects of your car for the calculations for fuel and acceleration -- thats what the car profile is for. Also, you need to change the units too and permanently select your ODB2 adapter from the list.

I hope you're loving yours! This is the best thing I ever did.
My audio compared to my stock radio is very low i have the fiber-optic decoder box installed but audio is still not that loud as before any ideas
Old 06-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Mr. Merk
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

It's been said that you need to plug in your stock radio and turn the volume to at least 75% and then reconnect your Android radio. I'll be doing this before long
The following users liked this post:
ProgRockJunkie (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 09:09 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 250 Posts

It's been years now but I think I went back and had them put the PCM system back in and turn the volume up and then put the Android system back in, problem solved. I think. It's been a while.

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review