Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:21 PM
destence
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't need a ground loop isolater either. 2009 GTS with Bose.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:24 AM
psoma
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the responses guys, thanks! Now to just hold off for a better deal... The 8% off has been replaced by 5% off - the Scotsman in me refuses to buy now knowing it's been offered for less!

Tom
Old 01-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

E mail him, and tell he he gets the sale NOW at the lower price.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:33 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psoma
Thanks nodoors... I did see that mentioned, but I was hoping it wasn't the case. Suspect I'll go with amp replacement instead.

Cheers,

Tom

There is a 4Channel Russian MOST adapter that does offer fader. Search Alibaba for MOST Bose adapters and you will probably find it. I think I linked to it previously.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:02 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I installed my reverse cam, FINALLY.

I used an NTSC splitter to plug it into both the reverse cam input and the AUX in (so that I can monitor things like expensive toys on the hitch mount when on the highway or bumpy roads, etc.)

Having an issue, though. How do I get it to pass the video directly through to the screen when I throw the car in reverse? Is there a signal wire on the unit I need to hook up or is there a software setting I need to access? I briefly looked through, but did not find anything. Thanks, guys!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:40 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Originally Posted by nodoors
I installed my reverse cam, FINALLY.

I used an NTSC splitter to plug it into both the reverse cam input and the AUX in (so that I can monitor things like expensive toys on the hitch mount when on the highway or bumpy roads, etc.)

Having an issue, though. How do I get it to pass the video directly through to the screen when I throw the car in reverse? Is there a signal wire on the unit I need to hook up or is there a software setting I need to access? I briefly looked through, but did not find anything. Thanks, guys!
Word.. Mine automatically switched from day one without having to set anything. I like your splitter idea. Occasionally I do wish that I could see out of the camera whole driving. That would be perfect.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:30 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Blast, I wonder how I can activate it. Hard reset perhaps? Did you power the camera from the unit or separately like I did?
Old 01-03-2017, 05:33 AM
psoma
Rennlist Member

Thanks hgupta - decided I'd stick with what I know, so I'm going to go the 5 channel amp route.

Interestingly though... I went to purchase the unit from Seicane, and it's now being listed as an Android 6.0 9" unit?!?

Cheers,

Tom
Old 01-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Hal 2000
Instructor

Wow! It is listed as Android 6.0 now! Wish I waited Grrr. Wonder if Seicane will issue an update for us?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:47 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

They very well should... There are quite a few apps that I would like to run that require a newer version of Android.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Reverse Camera.

Okay, I am beginning to think that the canbus reverse detection is not going to work until/unless the unit is fully booted.

Is the way you guys are getting it to display the reverse camera by sending 12v to an extra wire in the back of the of the Seicane unit in addition to the video signal? If so, which wire did you use?
Old 01-03-2017, 02:01 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

While waiting for responses I played with all of the 'extra settings' options using the '123456' password that I could find referring to a reverse camera and nothing turned it on when I put the vehicle in reverse. I am still on stock firmware.

hgupta, did it work for you out of the box with stock firmware and IQ Navi with only the NTSC video feed on the reverse-cam input and no other signal wire?

I wondering if sending an NTSC video signal to the reverse camera input all the time is confusing it perhaps? I would wonder if the camera was perhaps incompatible if it didn't work perfectly with the FCAM and AUX inputs...
Old 01-03-2017, 03:51 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Reverse Camera.

Okay, I am beginning to think that the canbus reverse detection is not going to work until/unless the unit is fully booted.

Is the way you guys are getting it to display the reverse camera by sending 12v to an extra wire in the back of the of the Seicane unit in addition to the video signal? If so, which wire did you use?
I can't remember exactly, but I think mine has constant power, and the canbus detects reverse and switches the video. A hard reboot is a pain on these, but will rule out any other issues.

I did have to get a replacement unit from Seicane, and with the replacement, I did put IQ Navi on it immediately. Everything worked right out of the box without any adjustments. I have no other signal wire attached. Are other canbus features working (steering wheel controls, track number on dash)?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:17 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

That is helpful, thank you. Yes, all other CANbus features seem to be working. Dashboard cluster shows info, the steering wheel controls are good, etc.

What is the easiest way to hard reset it?

Not looking forward to backing up and restoring everything just to see if it will activate the camera, but after all the effort it only makes sense to go the extra mile. I guess this is the price we pay for chinese electronics with no manual or support. Buyers beware that you are in for a few headaches and headscratchers on these things. I am glad we have a small group here to discuss the particular nuances of the cayenne and installing this system or it would be quite frustrating.

At this point I can't count how many times I have removed and replaced this thing to get everything working properly, LOL.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:39 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hal 2000
Wow! It is listed as Android 6.0 now! Wish I waited Grrr. Wonder if Seicane will issue an update for us?
That is helpful, thank you. Yes, all other CANbus features seem to be working. Dashboard cluster shows info, the steering wheel controls are good, etc.

What is the easiest way to hard reset it?

Not looking forward to backing up and restoring everything just to see if it will activate the camera, but after all the effort it only makes sense to go the extra mile. I guess this is the price we pay for chinese electronics with no manual or support. Buyers beware that you are in for a few headaches and headscratchers on these things. I am glad we have a small group here to discuss the particular nuances of the cayenne and installing this system or it would be quite frustrating.

At this point I can't count how many times I have removed and replaced this thing to get everything working properly, LOL.
Hard reset was simply unplugging the power from the back, waiting, and the plugging it back in. It doesn't erase anything so you don't have to worry about backing up everything.

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review