Sponsored by:

Contemplating Cayenne Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by zorba1331
I think I might like that. If it is what I have on my touareg, it has gotten scratched up from the dogs coming in and out. The brushed alum. might hide the scratches a bit.
This is something on the tailgate itself, not on the bumper.

If you look at this image of the Hybrid from the porscheusa.com Gallery, it's the silver strip at the bottom of the tailgate that I'm talking about.

http://files3.porsche.com/filestore....9-90571c48d724
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
Save yourself $150 and go to Suncoast for that.
$129 for one key. So $260 for two. ONly a $40 savings.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Save yourself $150 and go to Suncoast for that.
$129 for one key. So $260 for two. ONly a $40 savings.
Depends on if you care about the second key being color coded or not.

Doing it yourself also gives you the option of having different colors (I think getting the painted keys with the car is the same color for both and possibly matching your exterior color).

I didn't look at that option, but my salesman came out and advised against it as over priced and he knew a guy that would paint the keys for you for half the price. I will probably pick up one of the shells at some point just so my key and my wife's differ.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is something on the tailgate itself, not on the bumper.

If you look at this image of the Hybrid from the porscheusa.com Gallery, it's the silver strip at the bottom of the tailgate that I'm talking about.

http://files3.porsche.com/filestore....9-90571c48d724
Ah, got it. It lifts up with the tailgate then. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

So we put the deposit on the Cayenne yesterday. They have my code and the process has started! Thanks for your help gang. We are definitely planning the Euro delivery but just finalizing dates. My husband has some obligations to pin down, and the final day before the plant closure is July 16th so we are looking at heading over sometime in the first two weeks of July. We will know more this week.

It seems far away, but I think it will come up quick. Very excited.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So we put the deposit on the Cayenne yesterday. They have my code and the process has started! Thanks for your help gang. We are definitely planning the Euro delivery but just finalizing dates. My husband has some obligations to pin down, and the final day before the plant closure is July 16th so we are looking at heading over sometime in the first two weeks of July. We will know more this week.

It seems far away, but I think it will come up quick. Very excited.
SO I guess that means you ordered a 2014?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

SO I guess that means you ordered a 2014?
I don't think so. My salesman whom I spoke today said that it was going to be a May allocation (whatever that means) because we can't get to Europe until early July to pick it up so he was going to put off the order for as long as possible in order to get the timing right. Said that if we ordered it now it would be done by mid June. That seemed soon to me, but that's what he said.

Like others, I just built the car on the website and submitted it. Nobody really talked about the model year so I am assuming it will be a '13.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:25 AM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh oh, now you gotta read all the 2013 vs 2014 pros/cons threads for some additional fretting
Old 04-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don't think so. My salesman whom I spoke today said that it was going to be a May allocation (whatever that means) because we can't get to Europe until early July to pick it up so he was going to put off the order for as long as possible in order to get the timing right. Said that if we ordered it now it would be done by mid June. That seemed soon to me, but that's what he said.

Like others, I just built the car on the website and submitted it. Nobody really talked about the model year so I am assuming it will be a '13.
Well, that makes sense. Switchover to production takes place the week of Memorial day here. I'm just surprised that a car built in May will be waiting around until July for you.

BMW has you do European Delivery pretty much within a week of the car being built. They have no room for long term storage!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:51 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Well, that makes sense. Switchover to production takes place the week of Memorial day here. I'm just surprised that a car built in May will be waiting around until July for you.

BMW has you do European Delivery pretty much within a week of the car being built. They have no room for long term storage!
I don't think they are going to officially submit the order for the build until they can time it for July pick up. The dealer has all the info he needs from us so we are trusting that he and his European contact will get that sorted out...hopefully...
Old 04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

I don't think they are going to officially submit the order for the build until they can time it for July pick up. The dealer has all the info he needs from us so we are trusting that he and his European contact will get that sorted out...hopefully...
Hello Zorba,

We picked ours up in early July 2011 and it was a 2012 model year.
It was built at the end of June.
When we ordered, it was March, we didn't find out we were getting a MY 12 till just before we left.

Some of the 2012 changes didn't happen till weeks after ours was built - the clock on top of the dash became standard in 2012 MY, but they didn't start installing them till the summer after the plant shut down.

It may be possible you get a MY14, but with out some of the 14 changes.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by RESP
Hello Zorba,

We picked ours up in early July 2011 and it was a 2012 model year.
It was built at the end of June.
When we ordered, it was March, we didn't find out we were getting a MY 12 till just before we left.

Some of the 2012 changes didn't happen till weeks after ours was built - the clock on top of the dash became standard in 2012 MY, but they didn't start installing them till the summer after the plant shut down.

It may be possible you get a MY14, but with out some of the 14 changes.
Ah, great. Thanks. How was your ED experience? I am excited about the truck, but super excited about having it over there and touring around.

Our salesman said to make sure to grab the Euro plates as you drop it off at the port because they often get scooped somewhere along the way. Seems like it would be a nice souvenir.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Our ED experience was exceptional!
Went to Prague and several small towns in Germany.
The Autobhan was fun, but the smaller roads were even more enjoyable.
Great drives and wonderful scenery.

We dropped off the Cayenne at the factory, the plates were there when we picked it up at the dealership.

If you are shipping from a port other than the factory, you may have to get the plates before you leave it.

I would recommend getting the Cayenne properly washed before you ship it.
Neither the factory nor the shippers will wash it.
Any dirt or bugs you have on her will be there when the dealer gets it.

Check out some of the other ED threads for suggestions of where to go and what to see.
Our tour was somewhat short as we were catching a cruise on the end of our ED experience.

The next ED we do will be for the full 2 weeks (or more )
Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Looks like we will be picking our vehicle up on July 15th. Now to plan the trip!

Quick Reply: Contemplating Cayenne Purchase