Sponsored by:

Contemplating Cayenne Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bzliteyear
just read your blog...what a great experience.
congrats!
PL
Thanks. Yes, it has been so great. I highly recommend it to anyone. The speed limit in Missouri is 60mph so it is nice to be able to let the car go a little bit, if only for a week!

The guys we were at the factory bought a Cayman, I wonder how fast they had it up to. They drove to Leipzig from Stuttgart in a Citroen and said they had that up as fast as it would go to 196km/h. I would imagine they had their Caymen opened up a bit haha.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

By the way, I just wanted to mention that whomever posted on here about the Palladium Parking lot in Prague, thank you. I took note of it and we moved the car there last night. I had emailed the hotel about parking and he said he would have his porter take the car there for us. When we checked in, however, there was only the front desk attendant and he said he would move the car in front of the hotel and that where we were parked was not for overnight parking.

Long story short, the car was still sitting there after a few hours and I started to not feel very confident that he would move it so we drove it to that lot. It is clean and secure and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:34 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

When you were at the factory, where there any hints of production of future vehicles?
Like the Macan?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by RESP
When you were at the factory, where there any hints of production of future vehicles?
Like the Macan?
Yes, in fact there was! Cristina spoke about it quite a bit actually. They are adding a whole new section to the building to accomodate for the production of the Macan. There was a drape towards that section of the factory where there were some already in prodcution but it was top secret. The Macan's will be built there which will add another 1000 jobs to the factory.

One of the guys I was with sort of took a few strides in that direction and she promptly called him and put him in his place haha.

We have had a chance in our itinerary, going to stay in Nuremburg tomorrow instead of Munich (logistics of trying to fit everything in and get the vehicle back to Leipzig in time for our 5:30 train back to Berlin). I am tossing around the idea of going to the Ring for a look, possibly a lap. We will see how it goes.

Just had a look and the Ring is nowhere near where we are headed. That's out. Kind of relieved actually! Was getting nervous just thinking about driving it!

Last edited by zorba1331; 07-12-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:10 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zorba1331
Yes, in fact there was! Cristina spoke about it quite a bit actually. They are adding a whole new section to the building to accomodate for the production of the Macan. There was a drape towards that section of the factory where there were some already in prodcution but it was top secret. The Macan's will be built there which will add another 1000 jobs to the factory.

One of the guys I was with sort of took a few strides in that direction and she promptly called him and put him in his place haha.

We have had a chance in our itinerary, going to stay in Nuremburg tomorrow instead of Munich (logistics of trying to fit everything in and get the vehicle back to Leipzig in time for our 5:30 train back to Berlin). I am tossing around the idea of going to the Ring for a look, possibly a lap. We will see how it goes.

Just had a look and the Ring is nowhere near where we are headed. That's out. Kind of relieved actually! Was getting nervous just thinking about driving it!
Thanks for the recon Zorba!

Hope you get your lap in
Old 07-15-2013, 10:23 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

So we turned the truck in and are back in North America and the wait begins. In the meantime where do people recommend I buy the clear side markers from? I saw a website posted on here before, but have no idea where it went.

I also want to buy some rubber winter mats and a rubber mat for the back hatch area (I saw someone on here who had one that covered the entire area and also had a little flap to pull down to protect the back bumper).

Regarding debading: I totally forgot to tell them to take the Cayenne off the back and have watched some how to videos on youtube that make it look pretty simple. Is it is simple as it looks?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 PM
rc2080
Intermediate

I think SunCoast Parts will have those clear side markers.. probably the mats too, I don't remember.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by rc2080
I think SunCoast Parts will have those clear side markers.. probably the mats too, I don't remember.
Yep, that's the one. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by endless_corners
That's the one I watched. Looks pretty simple. Now those side markers...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:23 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

So we turned the truck in and are back in North America and the wait begins. In the meantime where do people recommend I buy the clear side markers from? I saw a website posted on here before, but have no idea where it went.

I also want to buy some rubber winter mats and a rubber mat for the back hatch area (I saw someone on here who had one that covered the entire area and also had a little flap to pull down to protect the back bumper).
Congrats on the trip. Looks like you had lots of fun.

ECS Tuning is big promoter of the Euro markers around here. I don't know about the markers, but I've found they are a bit cheaper than Suncoast for the last few things I've ordered. Both are extremely helpful and deserving of your business though.

If you don't need a heavy duty mat, I'm happy with the Porsche rubber mats so far. They really are more of a "mild weather" mat in my opinion though as the sides are not very high. If I got regularly bad weather or was in mud regularly I'd want something more.

I believe this is the cargo mat you might be thinking of. It has a flap that you pull/fold out to cover the bumper. There is also the rubber/plastic mat that matches the rubber/plastic floor mats, but it doesn't have have a protective flap for the bumper as far as I know. Don't know if the 3rd party options have a bumper protector. I can't find a picture of it quickly, but there is also a high sided option too.

Note that when ordering cargo mats that there are different (Porsche) part numbers for if you have 4 zone climate control or not.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:58 AM
rc2080
Intermediate

That's the one I watched. Looks pretty simple. Now those side markers...
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...arker-diy.html

Quick Reply: Contemplating Cayenne Purchase