Sponsored by:

2006 Cayenne Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation

Agree 100%...they literally transform the look of the rear end of the Cayenne! Very well worth it.

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Verdict is, its the best the refresh you can do thats inexpensive on these piggies.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

So I broke down and got a pair of the smoked ones of the other style, here are my notes:

- Price 10/10, $299 shipped to my house via fedex, packaged well.

- Fit and Finish 8/10, they don't fit perfect, but fit OK, gap around them is a little large, and they tend to sit recessed on the top. You can adjust a little, but not 100%. The reverse/turn signal lens is not 100% smooth fitting either, although that may be on purpose. The OEM have a physical ridge that continues the line of the trunk, above the plate through the OEM light. There is a slight one on these that fades into the plastic after a few inches. One of the bulb sockets didn't fit as snug as I would have liked, so I tightened with some pliers. The clip for the harness to the lights snaps together, not just a pressure fit. The rubber gasket for the 2 bulbs is nice and thick. Fits a little too tight to get it back in at first.

- Aesthetics and quality of plastic 9/10, the inside part that surrounds the trunk is a shinny black, which will be prone to scratches and scuffs, factory is a matte rough black. Also the clips that cover the bolt holes are loose fitting. There were also minor imperfections in the plastic that are only noticeable on close inspection.

- Install 9/10, same reason as above, need to fiddle a bit, took me about 1 hour. Nice feature, the sockets all had a label for the type of bulb to insert. Before snapping everything back in, check your lights work. My non oem white boot-pop-up-stick helped You will need 2x P21W bulbs, you can use the two that work as the turn signal and backup light from the OEM set, but you might want to just buy new and replace now rather than later...

Lighting scheme is as follows.
- Top light is multiple rows of LEDs for brake and acts as a running light. When Braking just goes brighter, and on the side the light are a couple of LEDs for running lights.

- Clear plastic has amber turn/emergency flashers in a box LED pattern around it, in the center is the P21W reverse light.

- Bottom is a P21W light for fogs. If you are so inclined and don't care for fogs, you could probably splice into the running lights with this. I know some mentioned they didn't like the pattern of the lights.

Final thoughts, for $299 its a decent deal, considering I have seen these selling for close to $1000, assuming they are the same I would have felt ripped a bit. I do plan to keep my old lights just in case these flake out. The smoke is not that dark and compliments the car well. As other mentioned, with my cheap cell phone shots, they do look better in person. Reverse lights don't seem much brighter than before, must be my tinted rear window.
Attached Images   

Last edited by touareg; 02-26-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cordsig79
As a fyi, mine did not throw codes and I got the LED reverse lights.

I am a 2006 with Halogen upfront, TenaciousT......what year model are you running?
Cordsig, where did you get your LED reverse lights? Are they the P21W socket?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I little VHT red night shade to cover the blinker white strip on the eagle eye LED light off ebay. Blinker now blinks red and not yellow. Looks amazing.
Attached Images   

Last edited by CarreraCup03; 03-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
Cordsig, where did you get your LED reverse lights? Are they the P21W socket?
I was a sucker and took the 15 dollar up charge the asked if you wanted LED reverse lamps when I bought mine from 360.

I didnt deconstruct to look.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great. I assume you just masked off the white area and lightly sprayed it with the VHT? Any other prepping? How many coats? Pics of them on the car?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by CarreraCup03
I little VHT red night shade to cover the blinker white strip on the eagle eye LED light off ebay. Blinker now blinks red and not yellow. Looks amazing.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 250 Posts

Well, now I know what to ask for Father's Day. Not sure which ones, but definitely need to update to LED on the taillights.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, I masked off everything except the white strip. So I painted only the white strip. I put on 4 coats ... once over then back for each coat. looks great. We just had a snow storm and the car is covered with dirt. I will take some nice picks when I get it cleaned up. Looks great I can assure you.
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ail-light.html

Last edited by CarreraCup03; 03-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 PM
MachinegunT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who has the best deal on a set of these now days? Do the LED reverse lights work on a 2006 and not throw a code?
Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 PM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

One of the members was selling a smoked pair some time back.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If smoked is your thing then go for it........these lights are super blinding either way. No Error codes on LED rear back up lamps.

I differ to others when it comes to JDM-license plate and side lamp LED replacement, mine all crapped out after 2 months or less.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Blunterbryn
Advanced

Can those who have purchased the smoked ones Please post more pics ,

Last edited by Blunterbryn; 03-03-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,156 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by Blunterbryn
I've been wanting to by new ones for about then months now.
And every time I get tot he'd heck out in bail.

Anyways got pictures of a black cayenne with the tinted light of both styles I can look at.
I keep thinking the twin white strip ones, but do like the led indicator one aswell
Hate choices
Color me immensely confused by that sentence.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Blunterbryn
Advanced

Joys of using Siri on iPhone when posting on forums. But thank you ever so much for your input

All I want it more pictures from users who have made the choice to purchase
Old 03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

This thread convinced me this is a nice cosmetic update worth doing. So after looking at all of the very sources for tail lights, there's way too many to choose from.

Has anyone tried the Anzo's? They're pricier, but they claim they're FMVSS compliant and are a large outfit with a US presence. But they also look virtually identical to some of the ones costing less than half their price. Right now, I'm leaning towards the ones sold by Ipexmotoring, but can be convinced otherwise. Is there a consensus choice?

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne Tail Lights