Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Cayenne Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

diving off the cliff, have my stereo in route and now these............mods complete after 6 years
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

10% off code of HL36010..........order via smart phone google wallet . Thanks my fellow Texan.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Dax
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the LED lights on my UK Cayenne for over 2 years with no issues at all, excellent piece of kit...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Just got an update at 5:16 am my 360 tuners are out for delivery.........I shall be kissing it goodbye to replacing my halogen bulbs every 4-9 months like clockwork!

And brighter, fresher looking lights.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

I have installed them but having issues uploading the pictures.

These are eagle eye manufactured upon inspection........the right side tail light is having an issue around the rear blue box on the light being too large to fully install the light.

I think its a tight squeeze and the ball receiver part is broken away in my cayenne. Im going to the dealer to score a new plug/clip that goes into the bracket holder for the light, if that does not work, then I am returnig them.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 PM
TenaciousT
Track Day

Originally Posted by cordsig79
I have installed them but having issues uploading the pictures.

These are eagle eye manufactured upon inspection........the right side tail light is having an issue around the rear blue box on the light being too large to fully install the light.

I think its a tight squeeze and the ball receiver part is broken away in my cayenne. Im going to the dealer to score a new plug/clip that goes into the bracket holder for the light, if that does not work, then I am returnig them.
I was about to order those from 360 too. So fit and finish is not so good? I wonder if different manufacturer than the Ibex one?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

the left rear, popped right in no sweat and felt/looks better than OEM lights.

The right one I fidgeted with for 30 dang minutes before I noticed A, the blue box on the rear is too large and improperly place, then I will return it. B. The ball part you plug in from the tail light into the car bracket, the plastic part inside the bracket attached to the car itself is gone/disintegrated and cant snap and hold it snug. I wll attemp to get a replacement from the dealer and see if this resolves it.

They look incredible though compared to OEM and turning on the rear fog lamps is actually too bright for night operation IMO. Great for bright day light operation though.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

The build quality on mine was definitely as good as OEM. I wonder if there are different manufacturers. Mine had perfect fit and finish .. and look very good.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:12 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

I just got the replacement plastic wing nuts today.........hopefully it should allow the part to snugly fit on the outside.

the drivers side rear light, literally snapped right in no sweat and I was about to be about 3 minutes into replacing the passenger rear lamp and it just doesnt fit accurately..........puzzled no doubt, they look identical in finish.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 PM
TenaciousT
Track Day

I went ahead and ordered them....can't go wrong for $300. I'll update with my experience as well. Anyone happen to know what LED bulbs the mirror 'puddle' lights and corner/wheel well lights use? Looking to replace those too.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
fluellen
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Of those that have replaced theirs, would anyone sell me their old driver side tail light? Must be free of scratches, scuffs or cracks. Let me know, thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marcboxx
If anyone is interested and or looking for a set, I just ordered mine from 360 Tuners for $303 - 7% (look online for a coupon code) which also includes free shipping for $282 for the pair.

http://www.360tuners.com/03-06porsch...rclearred.aspx
I ordered these from 360 last week, and they arrived in maybe two days. For the most part, I really like them. For the most part. Neither light fight like it was OEM. If you're trying to line up the bolts into the threads, you end up with a less-than-perfect line down the body from top to bottom. It's not really noticeable from more than 5 or 10 feet away... but while installing it's quite baffling.

The other issue I had was ordering higher-intensity backup light bulbs, that actually don't work at all. Unless I don't understand something about twisting them in place.

Other than that, as running lights, brake lights, and fog lamps, they are fantastic. As old as mine is, I am willing to trade the slight dimension variances for the improved look. One of my originals was cracked anyway, and I chalked this up to not giving the CHP an excuse to pull me over. I think a single OEM replacement was more than this set. The aesthetics are definitely a nice upgrade, but not entirely out of place.

Originally Posted by fluellen
Of those that have replaced theirs, would anyone sell me their old driver side tail light? Must be free of scratches, scuffs or cracks. Let me know, thanks!
I have a driver's side in almost perfect condition - one little scuff mark, which might rub off. Probably a frisbee "contribution".
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 AM
DDSLT5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered a set for $300 shipped, no tax, with LED backup lights. Will advise look upon installation.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Default New leds versus old....

Had to resize the pixelation to lower
Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
TenaciousT
Track Day

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Just ordered a set for $300 shipped, no tax, with LED backup lights. Will advise look upon installation.
Don't bother with the LED backup lights. I ordered them too and they will cause error message on dash....had to take them back out. Here's a pic of mine:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne Tail Lights