Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 AM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks amazing. Love your color combination. Still have few months til my car is built so there is going a lot of back and forth. I was keen on a two tone interior but don't like any of the standard leather, yours is amazing, I love the Espresso/Cognac. I am sure you will post more pictures, can't wait!
Enjoy
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Tango635
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new Porsche!! As far as SUV's go, I currently have the hots for the 2011 Jeep GC. That thing is so fine!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

wOOt (or EW), how did you make that 3rd photo in post #28, I'm curious? Nice looking photos BTW, did you wash the car before each photo op?

Good to see you updated your sig too!

One of the biggest options I wish I had on mine is PDCC, your lowered stance looks great.

w00t, that's a beautiful new ride and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it for a long time. Make sure you keep the oil consumption thread updated too please.

Originally Posted by Tango635
Congrats on the new Porsche!! As far as SUV's go, I currently have the hots for the 2011 Jeep GC. That thing is so fine!
I'm debating now if I want to make a change too. While the GC looks pretty nice historically they depreciate terribly. Amazing how well the Wrangler maintains it's value while the GC just falls off a cliff. Top on my list right now is the 4Runner, but I have the 993 for the thrills.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill, photo #3 is done in Sepia. Many cameras nowadays have the option to convert to sepia in-camera and of course you could always do your own conversion through a software such as Photoshop.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebird2
Hey dude,

Congratulations on the purchase of a fantastic looking motor.

Great to see it on 18". Would love to know how it handles on 18" without PDCC. It is something that you can turn off. If so would be great to hear what difference it makes.

As I live downunder where to add such options "Porsche makes you bend over and says take it like man" they would put the car out of my price range. For example AS is $8200, PDCC is another $8000 and with the speed limits heavily enforced here, 110Kms is about as fast as it will be able to go. Except maybe on some back roads, but then you have to find some nice winding roads.

With the options I am wanting on a Diesel, I will get some change out of $140K, add AC and PDCC adds about $13K. We get slugged with Luxury Car tax which add 35% Tax on anything over $55K.

I look forward to the next few installments and come summer would really appreciate a review on ride quality - comfort when you go to the 20".

Cheers
Ride quality will be far superior on the summer tires, sportier (and a little harsher) on the 20's without a doubt. The sales manager mentioned it to me before the send-off that my vehicle was a beast on the 20 inch spyder and he regretted the fact that I will not be able to see the original avatar until April 2011....totally different looking vehicle is what he reported. Porsche kills you on the options. I've been there ... to me resale is not an issue. I don't get bored seeing other peoples vehicles on the road, or wished I could have, should would have ..... hence went with what my wife (JBM with E/C interior), kids (XM and pana roof) and I (PASM, AS, PDCC, PTV, Burm and 18-way). Safety comes first given all the texting that goes around yout ... hence LCA, ACC and rear camera.

Originally Posted by rodsky
Very, very nice. I really like the interior and actually just about everything about it. The new Cayenne (apart from maybe the rear) is really such a quantum improvement. Weight, interior, performance etc.
Nice write up btw. Looks like you live in the middle of nowhere
You don't like the rear stance ... C'mon Rodsky, I hoped that my pics would make you like the rear. Yes, I live in the middle of nowhere. Everyone know me here as the crazy Indian guy who roams around with his Porsches .. parks them in the middle of nowhere and shoots pictures

Originally Posted by cpd1
Looks amazing. Love your color combination. Still have few months til my car is built so there is going a lot of back and forth. I was keen on a two tone interior but don't like any of the standard leather, yours is amazing, I love the Espresso/Cognac. I am sure you will post more pictures, can't wait!
Enjoy
Thank you ... this is just the beginning. Keep looking ...

Originally Posted by Tango635
I've heard some great things about the GC. Are you liking it ?

Originally Posted by 993BillW
wOOt (or EW), how did you make that 3rd photo in post #28, I'm curious? Nice looking photos BTW, did you wash the car before each photo op?

One of the biggest options I wish I had on mine is PDCC, your lowered stance looks great.

w00t, that's a beautiful new ride and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it for a long time. Make sure you keep the oil consumption thread updated too please.

I'm debating now if I want to make a change too. While the GC looks pretty nice historically they depreciate terribly. Amazing how well the Wrangler maintains it's value while the GC just falls off a cliff. Top on my list right now is the 4Runner, but I have the 993 for the thrills.
You bet Bill ... more than me my wife and kids are loving it .. I will update your thread at some point. I love PDCC and air-suspension. Different beast with it I'm sure. I have not washed the car yet.

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Bill, photo #3 is done in Sepia. Many cameras nowadays have the option to convert to sepia in-camera and of course you could always do your own conversion through a software such as Photoshop.
Yes sepia effect done through the software in the computer.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Safety comes first given all the texting that goes around yout ... hence LCA, ACC and rear camera.
I've seen you mention this before, but how do LCA, ACC & rear camera save one from texters on the road?

I still can't start liking the rear. I doubt I ever will. I love the rest

Btw, I can't believe that the only option for the weather mats is black. They could come up with something for the espresso/cognac that wouldn't ruin the visual "flow"
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Btw, I can't believe that the only option for the weather mats is black. They could come up with something for the espresso/cognac that wouldn't ruin the visual "flow"
I had the rubber mats in my '06 and they were pretty nice, but i like the carpeted mats much more. Soulution-- One set of carpet mats for the winter and a second set for the sumemr. (They are relatively inexpensive).
Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you. I've just got a little Canon PowerShot S5 IS so that's not a feature on the camera. One of these days I'll bump up to a Big Girl camera, but then people would expect me to take better photos....

Always enjoy looking at your pics.

w00t, my Pepper gets dirty when I back it out of the garage, don't know how you managed to keep yours clean for the photos...... or is that another feature w/ your camera software??
Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rome
I had the rubber mats in my '06 and they were pretty nice, but i like the carpeted mats much more. Soulution-- One set of carpet mats for the winter and a second set for the sumemr. (They are relatively inexpensive).
I have them on this one as well. All year round. Already ordered for the upcoming one and was upset to hear it's also offered in black only.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

... Soulution-- One set of carpet mats for the winter and a second set for the sumemr. (They are relatively inexpensive).
Exactly what I did Rome
Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

I've seen you mention this before, but how do LCA, ACC & rear camera save one from texters on the road?

Enigma W, all it takes is to venture out a couple of times to be witness to the abysmal set up in our area elementary school parking lot. They changed the system on how kids are picked/dropped off and it is craaaazy. Monstrous SUVs, trucks backing into each other is a common place everyday. No matter how safe one backs up there is always someone backing into you literally. We thought to be safe go for the back up camera since this will be my wife's first SUV ever. You won'y believe the number of times folks just change from the left to center lanes tecting/talking without realizing that someone if coming over to the middle lanes from the extreme right lane. As much as I don't like the driver assist mechanisms ... the LCA is very well designed and I can see how it could prevent accidents. The ACC should also work very well in that regard. Now I could have saved the 6 or 7K and just got a beater truck but my mind just want let me do that. WHat's the point in paying all the insurance and upfront $$ to drive around in cars that don't stir your emotions. But I can totally see why people have beaters ..

I too completely despise those black all season mats. I can't belive that there is no other choice. Just spoils the E/C interior flow.

I had the rubber mats in my '06 and they were pretty nice, but i like the carpeted mats much more. Solution-- One set of carpet mats for the winter and a second set for the sumemr. (They are relatively inexpensive).
Goid point Rome. I'll probably do that too. I also did not like the rear cargo liner that the dealer installed. I wanted the ? nubuck edging one and thought that's what I was ordering but this thing now is a cheap black plasticky looking mat. What do you have ?

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Thank you. I've just got a little Canon PowerShot S5 IS so that's not a feature on the camera. One of these days I'll bump up to a Big Girl camera, but then people would expect me to take better photos....

Always enjoy looking at your pics.

w00t, my Pepper gets dirty when I back it out of the garage, don't know how you managed to keep yours clean for the photos...... or is that another feature w/ your camera software??
My friend you need a california duster or even better Australian lambswool duster. This works great without swilrs (even on black cars) for the light dust and pollen and should be used only with an almost touchless drag over the surface. I like the ALWD more than the California duster since the former uses static and the latter the wax which can streak.

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Exactly what I did Rome
I should too huh ... probably.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Tango635
Racer

I've heard some great things about the GC. Are you liking it ?
w00t, I am liking them very much. I think as far as off-road capability, they are second to none. OK well, maybe only to Porsche and Range Rover. But, I won't be buying one very soon, I am just planning for the future, either a vehicle for my wife or most likely my daughter. She will be 11 this year, and in a few years she will need a vehicle. I will buy her something I want to drive of course. I know, I know, it's not fair, and she should pick what she likes, but the way I see it, it's my money.

We'll see. Women have an uncanny ability of sneaking in a quick one.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Enigma W, all it takes is to venture out a couple of times to be witness to the abysmal set up in our area elementary school parking lot. They changed the system on how kids are picked/dropped off and it is craaaazy. Monstrous SUVs, trucks backing into each other is a common place everyday. No matter how safe one backs up there is always someone backing into you literally. We thought to be safe go for the back up camera since this will be my wife's first SUV ever. You won'y believe the number of times folks just change from the left to center lanes tecting/talking without realizing that someone if coming over to the middle lanes from the extreme right lane.
Sounds like typical trials & tribulations of every day driving

Either way, I hope your P!G doesn't get to experience any of the above mentioned
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In that case you are the ideal Panamera owner
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops